Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Pre-Trip Reports and Plans
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-13-2013, 10:53 PM   #1
wendybeth75
DIS Veteran

My first PTR! Countdown to October trip!

Hi All,
I am a HUGE fan of the forums, until now I have been a Lurker. I am so excited for my first PTR. We are staying at the POLY 10/4-10/12. While I am super excited about the experience of staying in a deluxe, I am a bit stressed about the "cost" vs. "the experience". We love POR so much it is hard to imagine that the extra money is going to bring us the "bang for our buck". Anyone have experience in this area? I also don't want to be bummed in the future if we can't swing the Poly and go back to POR. Either way we are SOOOO close and I am excited. MY DS and DD are doing the 5k for the first time and we are going to the MNSSHP. We have loved it in the past. We are doing Ohana, Sci Fi and Biergarten for the first time as well. I am the type that gets comfortable with routine and this trip is full of firsts for us. Anyone with advice or reassurance for all the $$$ we just spent?? Thank You in advance!

July 2000 Off Property,Oct 2003 All Star sports, Apr 2011 POR, Sept 2011 POR, Oct 2012 BC, Dec 2012 POR, Oct 2013 POLY, Dec 2013 Caribe Royale, Apr 2014 AKL/WL-CL June 2014 POR, October 2014 POR

wendybeth75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 02:09 AM   #2
Surfinpiratee
DIS Veteran

Sounds fun!!!!

I've been SO back and forth with which resort to stay at. Honestly, if I had the money to spend, my first pick would be Poly. Hands down!

TECHNICALLY I could have the money, but it would just take longer to save for it..and I'm rather impatient.

So then I was like, I'm going to stay at AoA or POP so I have more money to buy things!!

But then DBF informed me that he doesn't like to do the cheapest option when on vacation. Which I guess I don't either. So we decided on a moderate

I don't think there's anything wrong with POR or CBR (the 2 I happen to be looking at) So I don't think you'll be disappointed staying there again
Surfinpiratee is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-14-2013, 06:18 AM   #3
Dis_Yoda
DIS Veteran

We'll be there the exact same time! I'm staying over at Bay Lake Tower. My husband & I are doing the 5k together on the 5th as well. We love the Polynesian as well.
Old 08-14-2013, 08:24 PM   #4
wendybeth75
DIS Veteran

I am so glad that you guys love the Poly! I am sure you are right about POR. I am really excited about the race! Are you doing the after party at HS? we opted not to spend the extra money on the tickets and are doing the MNNSHP instead. Cheers to us!!!! Disney Bound!

July 2000 Off Property,Oct 2003 All Star sports, Apr 2011 POR, Sept 2011 POR, Oct 2012 BC, Dec 2012 POR, Oct 2013 POLY, Dec 2013 Caribe Royale, Apr 2014 AKL/WL-CL June 2014 POR, October 2014 POR

wendybeth75 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
biergarten, ohana, polynesian, ptr, run disney

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: