DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC Member Services
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-20-2013, 07:07 PM   #1
pooka16
Earning My Ears

having multiple reservations # for one trip?

I had to rent points from different people to make my trip work so i have 5 different reservations for 1 week. How does that work? Do i have to check in and out at the end of each reservation....some of them are only for 1 day. That would be a real pain.

Thanks

Philip
pooka16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 07:32 PM   #2
Deb & Bill
DVC-Trivia Contest, Apr-2006: Honorable Mention

Quote:
Originally Posted by pooka16 View Post
I had to rent points from different people to make my trip work so i have 5 different reservations for 1 week. How does that work? Do i have to check in and out at the end of each reservation....some of them are only for 1 day. That would be a real pain.

Thanks

Philip
The owners you rented from will need to call Member Services and ask that the reservations be linked.

So if your reservations are like this:
Member A + Member B + Member C + Member D
Members A and B will both need to call to link their two reservations. Members B and C will both need to call to link their two reservations. Members D and D will both need to call to link their two reservations.

You will have to check out and back in. But you will probably be able to stay in one villa for the entire trip - as long as they are always the same room size and category.

Stop the madness. No more DVC construction.
Bring back Vacation Magic. Dump Disney Files!
Stopped drinking the Kool-aid long ago.
Deb & Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-20-2013, 10:03 PM   #3
nyck
Mouseketeer

Which resort is this? If it is Disneyland California hotel forget it. You will have to check in and out each day. I just went through this in Feb when member services told me the resort could link them and I got there and that is NOT true and they assign the reservations based on room numbers, not category. We had to move 3 different times. It was a pain and I will not stay there ever again because they would do nothing to try to fix it. My trip in December I am going to the Disneyland hotel. Needless to say I complained to MS due to the miss information.

I don't know how it works at the Wdw hotels but I would not count on it when u check in. Your best bet is to contact the owners and see if they can get all these linked, but that is going to be pretty hard

nyck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 06:54 AM   #4
CarolMN
DVC Co-Moderator

DISboards Moderator

Ideally, MS would combine the reservations so that it appears to the resort as one continuous reservation. However, I do not believe that is possible when dealing with more than one membership.

The reservations must be for the exact same thing to be linked. If you have a dedicated villa for one reservation and a lock off villa for another, the reservations cannot be linked.

Remember to mention your wish to stay in the same villa at check in. They may or may not be able to help you. It's possible that you will have to change rooms, but also possible that you will only have to get new keys between the reservations. Sometimes the resort will deliver the new keys to your room on the mornings you need to get them.

P.S. This is my experience at WDW. I do not doubt that nyck had a different experience at VGC.

BWV - Early Morning on May 2, 2008
CarolMN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 10:03 AM   #5
csharpwv
DIS Veteran

With the new key system in place, there is added functionality in terms of them being able to remotely grant access/permission to a specific RFID... however, the RFID receiver has to be a network ACTIVE RFID receiver, and room door locks are only only local active modules.

So you will have to make a trip to the front desk every day that your reservation changes - or have it worked out in advance for them to deliver new room keys.

I really hate to say this, but I really think your week is going to be a huge pain in the rear end in this aspect. Points from that many members to make a week's worth of reservations....

I cringe when thinking about all of the STANDARD things that Disney has been messing up on recently with all of the new changes and such happening as a result of the new RFID system.

I would call the resort in advance of your trip and speak to a manger if I were you - this is really your only hope of the resort doing ALL it can to make this string of reservations an end to end reservation - and giving you ONE key at the beginning that will last your whole stay.

Another element - dining plan, room charges, credit cards - if you have the dining plan for your trip, you REALLY have to use each and every credit each day to assure you don't loose anything when one reservations ends and another begins.

With room charges, each time a reservation ends all of your rooms charges will be applied to your credit card - if you do not have a credit card on file and charges could accidentally be billed to the member.

You are really going to have to dot your i's and cross your t's on this trip.

May the force be with you! HAHA
-Bay Lake Tower
-Saratoga Springs
-Hilton Head Island
csharpwv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 10:48 AM   #6
CarolMN
DVC Co-Moderator

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by csharpwv View Post
...(snip).......I would call the resort in advance of your trip and speak to a manger if I were you - this is really your only hope of the resort doing ALL it can to make this string of reservations an end to end reservation - and giving you ONE key at the beginning that will last your whole stay. .......
Since these are rented reservations, I would NOT do that. The resorts are notorious for messing up members' accounts when making changes. It's been my experience that the resort CMs (and including the managers) just do not have the training or experience to accurately make changes to members' accounts. And given the current environment and the fact that the OP has 5 different reservations, it's virtually a given that at least one someone's account will be messed up.

BWV - Early Morning on May 2, 2008
CarolMN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 01:48 PM   #7
nyck
Mouseketeer

I just noticed you asked if u only needed to check in and out 5 different times. You may actually have to move rooms this many times too like I did at Disney California. I think Wdw is more organized and depending on how full the resort is you are at it may happen, but be prepared. If the place you have is full and placed you in a handicap room because that is all that is left in the category u booked when you get there,they may have to move you in a couple days if they have someone that requested handicap.

nyck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 05:52 PM   #8
Missyrose
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by csharpwv
With the new key system in place, there is added functionality in terms of them being able to remotely grant access/permission to a specific RFID... however, the RFID receiver has to be a network ACTIVE RFID receiver, and room door locks are only only local active modules.

So you will have to make a trip to the front desk every day that your reservation changes - or have it worked out in advance for them to deliver new room keys.

I really hate to say this, but I really think your week is going to be a huge pain in the rear end in this aspect. Points from that many members to make a week's worth of reservations....

I cringe when thinking about all of the STANDARD things that Disney has been messing up on recently with all of the new changes and such happening as a result of the new RFID system.

I would call the resort in advance of your trip and speak to a manger if I were you - this is really your only hope of the resort doing ALL it can to make this string of reservations an end to end reservation - and giving you ONE key at the beginning that will last your whole stay.

Another element - dining plan, room charges, credit cards - if you have the dining plan for your trip, you REALLY have to use each and every credit each day to assure you don't loose anything when one reservations ends and another begins.

With room charges, each time a reservation ends all of your rooms charges will be applied to your credit card - if you do not have a credit card on file and charges could accidentally be billed to the member.

You are really going to have to dot your i's and cross your t's on this trip.

May the force be with you! HAHA
Also, there's no such thing as "calling the resort." You will reach a call center that will answer the phone as if you were calling the resort, but they're not on property. Plus, DVC reservation issues will be directed to MS and since OP is renting, MS won't be able to do anything for them.
'86, '90, '94, '98, '09, '10 -- Off site, 10/2011 -- CR, 3/2012 -- Windsor Hills, 10/2012 -- BCV/AKV-Jambo, 01/2013 -- BWV, 5/2013 -- BLT, 10/2013 -- YC CL, 5/2014 -- BWV, 08/2014 -- VGF/BLT, 12/2014 -- BWV, 4/2015 -- BLT

Missyrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 10:42 AM   #9
Scotch
DIS Veteran

I have a related but slightly off topic Q: If I try to link a rented (2 nights from another member) reservation with a reservation that I made with my points -- same WDW resort and room categories -- MS can't do that unless the OTHER member also calls? In other words, it is not enough just for me to call with the two reservation #s?
Scotch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 12:14 PM   #10
Minniesgal
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotch View Post
I have a related but slightly off topic Q: If I try to link a rented (2 nights from another member) reservation with a reservation that I made with my points -- same WDW resort and room categories -- MS can't do that unless the OTHER member also calls? In other words, it is not enough just for me to call with the two reservation #s?
That is correct both members need to call together
Minniesgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 09:59 PM   #11
Scotch
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minniesgal View Post

That is correct both members need to call together
Thanks. We don't need a 3 way call, right? Okay just to have that other member call and ask to reference my 2nd reservation #; and I call separately on the reservation I made and ask them to note my first reservation #?
Old 04-23-2013, 10:47 AM   #12
Deb & Bill
DVC-Trivia Contest, Apr-2006: Honorable Mention

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotch View Post
Thanks. We don't need a 3 way call, right? Okay just to have that other member call and ask to reference my 2nd reservation #; and I call separately on the reservation I made and ask them to note my first reservation #?
The members could also e-mail MS with the request to link the reservation numbers. They would need to reference their reservation with the one they want to link it to.

Stop the madness. No more DVC construction.
Bring back Vacation Magic. Dump Disney Files!
Stopped drinking the Kool-aid long ago.
Deb & Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 11:01 AM   #13
Scotch
DIS Veteran

That's great! Thanks.
Old 05-20-2013, 12:34 PM   #14
Scotch
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deb & Bill View Post
The members could also e-mail MS with the request to link the reservation numbers. They would need to reference their reservation with the one they want to link it to.
I just got off the phone with MS. I just made a Dec. reservation this morning at BLT that I'd like to link with my existing reservation via rental from another member (via Dave's). I'm not ready to do any cross-referencing/linking, yet, as I'm trying to use my points to book dates after the rental reservation as well. (This is what happens when we change plans after renting a non-refundable/changeable reservation. Ugh.) Anyway, the CS on the phone insisted that the only way I can "link" the reservations is via a 3 way call with the other member; she says we can't do this via email requests and can't do this via separate call requests. I'm not sure I'd get the other member to agree with a 3 way call; one of the reason why folks rent via Dave's is to avoid contact with the renters. I'll call back in a couple of days and check with another CS at MS. Hopefully I'll get a different answer.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: