Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-05-2012, 11:43 PM   #1
Mercinursi
Earning My Ears

Eastern Caribbean Fantasy Oct. 5, 2013

Hello everyone! We are taking our first DCL cruise on the Fantasy! My group includes DH, DS 6, DD 6, and DD6, (yes,triplets). This will be the first cruise for the triplets. I am so excited! I have been lurking on the boards and have found so many good ideas. I hope I'm joined by many, and would love to see about doing FE's. Anyone else?

Debbie

Feb 15, 2014 Caribbean Princess Western Caribbean
Oct. 5, 2013 Eastern Caribbean Disney Fantasy
Sept. 2010 HAL Alaska
Feb. 2009 Carnival Southern Caribbean
Jan 2008 RCCL Eastern Caribbean
June 2006 Carnival Alaska
Mercinursi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 03:33 PM   #2
IrishCowboy
DIS Veteran

I have added your thread to the cruise meet list

Have a great cruise!
Disney Fantasy 7-21-2012
Disney Magic 11-19-2011 - Back to Back
Disney Magic 11-12-2011
Carnival Dream 7-24-2011
Disney Magic 6-13-2009, Disney Magic 11-22-2008,
Disney Magic 3-17-2007, Disney Magic 7-22-2006,
Disney Magic 9-03-2005, Disney Magic 9-18-2004, Disney Magic 5-15-2004, Disney Magic 5-??-2003,
Disney Wonder 12-19-2002, Disney Magic 5-25-2002, Disney Magic 1-19-2002, Disney Magic 5-12-2001
IrishCowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-14-2012, 08:36 PM   #3
Mercinursi
Earning My Ears

Thank you Irishcowboy! The wait seems to be taking forever to get here.

Sept. 2010 HAL Alaska
Old 03-20-2012, 11:57 AM   #4
TamaraH
Mouseketeer

Yay - we'll be on the same one! It will be our first cruise ever and is for a VERY special celebration. It will be in celebration of my daughter's 5 year cancer free anniversary!! It will be me, hubby, and 2 daughters (at the time of travel it they will be 8 and 5). Sooooo, looking forward to it.
Disney Fantasy October 2013 - Eastern Caribbean

TamaraH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2012, 12:49 PM   #5
calitexan mouse
Earning My Ears

Hi everyone! My family and I will be sailing on this cruise as well. This will be our first Disney cruise. It will be me, DH, and our two boys (ages 8 and 5 at the time of sailing). My husband and I will be celebrating our 10 year anniversary. I was unsure if we would be able keep this date due to the kids school’s testing schedule. The school does testing for 2nd graders the week of the cruise but last week I spoke with the principal and she showed me that there is a makeup week for this test in December. So we get to keep our original date, yippie!!! I am definitely interested in doing FE’s. I just spent the last two days reading all about FEs. I am so excited!

calitexan mouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2012, 01:56 PM   #6
MAJPLO
DIS Veteran

Hey guys, we will be on this too and it's our second Disney cruise. We were on the Wonder one year ago this week, in the Mexican Riviera. We loved it so much that we re-booked onboard for this cruise! It will be me, DW, DS who will be 7 and DD who will be turning 5 on the cruise. Not only that but DW's birthday will also be during the cruise and we sail 4 days after our 9th wedding anniversary. October is a very busy month for us! We didn't do the FE's last time so we definitely want to do it this time.

Last edited by MAJPLO; 03-25-2012 at 02:40 PM.
MAJPLO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2012, 11:32 PM   #7
Mercinursi
Earning My Ears

Thumbs down

Yea! I am so glad to see there are others going on this trip with us. I was beginning to think we were the only ones going on this cruise!
TamaraH, I am so honored to know we will be sailing with you on such a special occasion.
I am also pleased to see so many kids around the same age as my three. I knew there would be most likely, but you still wonder.

calitexan mouse, I have been reading about them too and can't wait to get started on this. Not so crafty but really willing to try.

Debbie

Sept. 2010 HAL Alaska
Old 03-30-2012, 07:54 PM   #8
tiggerb
Mouseketeer

Okay, I have been lurking and did not want to be the first post for the cruise, and, started worrying about it being a "dud" date... Glad to see all who are joining.

We were on for a cruise this June and have had to switch dates. What I have seen, but am not tech savvy is a Roll Call post (usually the first post of a thread) and also the Fish Extender List. We would love to do the Fish Extender if anyone else is interested...

It will be our 1st cruise, me, DH, DSs of almost 14 and 10.25 yrs old. We will celebrate DS's near birthday, our belated Anniversary of 18 yrs, and some sort of celebration for other DS (We always find something to celebrate for each of us when we Disney vacation )

Do we have a cleaver name or title for the group? Any Ideas?....
tiggerb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 05:59 PM   #9
pixiehallow
Tinker Fairy

Looking Forward to our 5th Disney cruise

Yeah I am so happy to see others are planning already also. My family (husband, 2 sons - 17 and 13- and my self) are so excited, that we are having monthly cruise parties to get ready
This will be our 5th Disney cruise - twice on the Wonder, and once on the Dream prior to this. And I am embarrassed to say, I do not know what an FE list is. Could some one bring me up to speed
We will be celebrating also. My Hubby will be turning 40 the week before, and my oldest will have just graduated and be heading off to college in Orlando when we get back from the cruise.
pixiehallow is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 06:05 PM   #10
pixiehallow
Tinker Fairy

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiggerb View Post
Okay, I have been lurking and did not want to be the first post for the cruise, and, started worrying about it being a "dud" date... Glad to see all who are joining.

We were on for a cruise this June and have had to switch dates. What I have seen, but am not tech savvy is a Roll Call post (usually the first post of a thread) and also the Fish Extender List. We would love to do the Fish Extender if anyone else is interested...

It will be our 1st cruise, me, DH, DSs of almost 14 and 10.25 yrs old. We will celebrate DS's near birthday, our belated Anniversary of 18 yrs, and some sort of celebration for other DS (We always find something to celebrate for each of us when we Disney vacation )

Do we have a cleaver name or title for the group? Any Ideas?....
Well, we all are celebrating, so, what do you think about focusing on that.

Here is a long list of synonyms for celebrate:beat the drum, bless, ceremonialize, commend, dedicate, drink to, exalt, extol, feast, fete, glorify, hallow, have a ball, honor, jubilate, kick up one's heels, laud, let loose, lionize, live it up, make merry, make whoopee, mark with a red letter, memorialize, observe, paint the town red, party*, perform, praise, rejoice, revel, revere
The red words sounded Disney to me.
Does this get any creative juices flowing?
Other idea is to find out a little more about everyone and see what we all have in common.
Old 04-03-2012, 03:32 PM   #11
pixiehallow
Tinker Fairy

FE.....Yes I am in!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercinursi View Post
Hello everyone! We are taking our first DCL cruise on the Fantasy! My group includes DH, DS 6, DD 6, and DD6, (yes,triplets). This will be the first cruise for the triplets. I am so excited! I have been lurking on the boards and have found so many good ideas. I hope I'm joined by many, and would love to see about doing FE's. Anyone else?

Debbie
Okay, I have done my research. I am definitely in on the FE.
It sounds great
Old 04-03-2012, 08:27 PM   #12
tiggerb
Mouseketeer

Pixiehallow, thanks for the ideas! Starting to get thinking juices flowing, now that I have finished Parent-Teacher conferences and such! Maybe there is a way to incorporate from the list with the Fall season or connected to a phrase from the Alladdin Show?

Is anyone good at organizing a FE list on computer? It usually includes Dis name, real names if wanting to share, gender and ages,deck level, room, what dining rotation (main or late), and show time. I only know this because I am going of the only one I have really seen--- the cruise I was suppose to take this summer. Not sure of others, but they had a seperate page/link where not the entire world knows all about your cruise specifics.

Sorry, I talk much and random too!
tiggerb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 08:59 AM   #13
wifey1220
DIS Veteran

ready to set sail

Hello Everyone,
My name is Jennifer and my family and I are super excited to be planning our 2nd disney cruise. Sept 2011 we sailed for 4 nights on the dream to the bahamas. The whole family fell in love with cruising. I am so excited we booked opening day and feel we got a good price. Our family is me, dh (both 33 at sailing) and 3ds (12,9 and4 at sailing). For this cruise we have a family suite w porthole. Saved some money this time and didnt get the balocony. Dh was a little bummed but the savings will make it ok. LOL.. We love disney and have visited disney world every yr since 2005. We live in pittsburgh pa and drive to florida. The road trip is really nice. I thought I would hate it but dont. We did the fe on last years cruise. It made the cruise extra special. The boys loved making the gifts. and coming back to the cabin for little surprises. Dh even enjoyed passing them out and would get excited to see what we got. Usually he thinks that kinda of stuff is stupid. Let me tell you anyone who hasnt cruised before you will love it. Be ready to book your next cruise while onboard. You get a discount
Cant wait to meet you all. Now I must go pick out some restuarants for our disney vacation october 2012 almost time to make those adr.
2003 offsite, 2005 ASmovies and free dining, 2006 ASmovies and free dining, 2007 ASmusic and free dining, 2008 Pop Century and free dining, 2009 ASmusic and free dining, 2011 Disney cruise and Pop Century, 2012 Cruise on dream , 2013 Disney cruise on the Fantasy, 2013dcl dream and por free dining, 2014 dcl magic 3 nt and 7 nt eastern
wifey1220 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 05:58 PM   #14
pixiehallow
Tinker Fairy

Quote:
Originally Posted by wifey1220 View Post
Hello Everyone,
3ds (12,9 and4 at sailing). For this cruise we have a family suite w porthole. We live in pittsburgh pa and drive to florida. The road trip is really nice. I thought I would hate it but dont.
Cant wait to meet you all. Now I must go pick out some restuarants for our disney vacation october 2012 almost time to make those adr.
My boys are 17 and 13 (at time of sailing), and they love the crafty things we do to get ready for the cruise as well. The also enjoy getting dressed up at dinner on the cruise, and at the parks when we go to the parks.

SIDE NOTE: Is any one else going to the parks after the cruise.

We got the elusive 8A for this trip with the 2 large portholes (has anyone gotten an info on these?)
As for the drive in, I wanted to share with you that we drive in every time from Texas. What makes our trip every time (yearly since '97 - sometimes twice) is hundred mile gifts. They are nothing big and start really small, like pirate coins that we use for a game the rest of the trip in which we can't say any word that relates to the trip, and escalate up to something special for the boys (like a birthday hat for whom ever is celebrating). But basically every hundred miles, I pull out a new surprise gift. I can send pictures of one trip if you are interested.
Look forward to meeting you too. My youngest is happy to know someone his age is in our group.
Old 04-04-2012, 06:23 PM   #15
pixiehallow
Tinker Fairy

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiggerb View Post
Pixiehallow, thanks for the ideas! Starting to get thinking juices flowing, now that I have finished Parent-Teacher conferences and such! Maybe there is a way to incorporate from the list with the Fall season or connected to a phrase from the Alladdin Show?

Is anyone good at organizing a FE list on computer? It usually includes Dis name, real names if wanting to share, gender and ages,deck level, room, what dining rotation (main or late), and show time. I only know this because I am going of the only one I have really seen--- the cruise I was suppose to take this summer. Not sure of others, but they had a seperate page/link where not the entire world knows all about your cruise specifics.

Sorry, I talk much and random too!
First let me start by saying, I am pretty good with google docs, and might be able to make a list and set it to share or maybe open a group that we can join.

On the other subject, after getting you post, the boys and I got to brainstorming. Here are a few ideas we came up:

Open Sesame Celebrations
Diamond in the Rough Delight
Agrabah Fantasy Flight
Over the Top Abu
Raja's Purr-fect Trip
(get it he Purr's)
8 (let me explain this 10/5/13 for 7 days - add all the numbers and you get 8)
FLM (can stand for Friends Like Me or Fantasy League Mickey's)
Jasmine's Jamboree
Genies Magic Carpet Tours
Fall Fantasy Friends
or Fall Fantasy Fish Friends
Let's Open With a Joke
LAFF
(stands for Let Loose Autumn Fantasy Friends)
FFISH (stands for Fantasy Friends Iago Saw Having a ball)
ABU (stands for Autumn Bonvoyage U??????)
RAJA (stands for Run and Jump Aboard)
then finally, I suggested, but the boys did not like
IAGO (I'm Already Going Overboard)

So, What do you think

Any other ideas?????

By the way, I do have the abilities (talents ) to draw up and upload any of these, or any other name we may come up with. For example, on Agrabah's Fantasy Flight, I could draw the magic carpet with the elephant Abu on it.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: