Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > The DIS Unplugged Podcast
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 04-20-2013, 12:55 PM   #1
LSURyan
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Baton Rouge
Posts: 144

New idea for Pete (and the gang?)

Loving the video podcasts. I keep looking at the stuff in the backgrounds with curiosity. I know each item was chosen for a reason....well, here's the idea, put up a pic with a little blurb of each. What is it? What's the meaning behind it? I can imagine many items have a great story. Please share. I think we'd love it. Maybe even use it as one of your closings?

If you use my idea....prizematron? Shout out?

Ryan Benoit
Baton Rouge
GEAUX TIGERS!
LSURyan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 04:24 PM   #2
disneysteve
You have to enjoy life, not go around worrying about what other people think
 
disneysteve's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 10,997

Good idea. I also sent in a suggestion that they ask listeners/viewers to send in short videos of their own collections to show during the podcast. I think that would be neat too.
__________________
Steve
32 WDW trips since 1978 - 8 onsite, 23 offsite, 1 split on/off ; 1 Disneyland trip in 2005 - offsite (Fairfield Inn)
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
Why should I pay for my daughter's education when she already knows everything?
disneysteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 05:04 PM   #3
JimmyV
Por favor manténganse alejado de las puertas.
 
JimmyV's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 4,345

Quote:
Originally Posted by LSURyan View Post
Loving the video podcasts. I keep looking at the stuff in the backgrounds with curiosity. I know each item was chosen for a reason....well, here's the idea, put up a pic with a little blurb of each. What is it? What's the meaning behind it? I can imagine many items have a great story. Please share. I think we'd love it. Maybe even use it as one of your closings?

If you use my idea....prizematron? Shout out?

Ryan Benoit
Baton Rouge
GEAUX TIGERS!
In the first or second video podcast, Pete said that he was going to do this. In fact, he has already given us the inside scoop on a couple of the items, most memorably, the flag in the case right above his head.
JimmyV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 06:51 PM   #4
HubbDave
Remember, no matter where you go, there you are - BB
I do love pics of defunct and abandoned Parks
 
HubbDave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Hubbardston, MA
Posts: 1,520

Cool idea. Very neat stuff on display.

I would also love a video version of a restaurant review from in the restaurant. I know this would probably be impossible, but just a thought.

Maybe a video of John and Kevin reviewing Shutters...
__________________
Dreading mugginess
1996 WDW Off Property 2006 AS Movies 2011 WL2013 AS Sports/BC
HubbDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 07:23 PM   #5
DisneyKevin
Kelvis
Above the Pearls Below the Crown

Such a tease!
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Central Florida
Posts: 8,907
DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by HubbDave View Post
Cool idea. Very neat stuff on display.

I would also love a video version of a restaurant review from in the restaurant. I know this would probably be impossible, but just a thought.

Maybe a video of John and Kevin reviewing Shutters...
Nothing says "anonymous" review like a video camera, crew and lights.

I barely like being videoed now. Can you imagine how I will feel about being videoed while I eat?

I can tell you right now....this will not happen.
__________________
DisneyKevin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 07:40 PM   #6
DisneyCruisin'
DIS Veteran
 
DisneyCruisin''s Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 505

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyKevin View Post
Nothing says "anonymous" review like a video camera, crew and lights.

I barely like being videoed now. Can you imagine how I will feel about being videoed while I eat?

I can tell you right now....this will not happen.
Kevin,

They don't have to show you eating, just the rest - the food, the ambiance (or lack thereof), etc. Then after the meal, show you on camera outside giving the low down. I think it would be great to watch!!
__________________
Kimberly

DisneyCruisin' is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 07:52 PM   #7
HubbDave
Remember, no matter where you go, there you are - BB
I do love pics of defunct and abandoned Parks
 
HubbDave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Hubbardston, MA
Posts: 1,520

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyKevin

Nothing says "anonymous" review like a video camera, crew and lights.

I barely like being videoed now. Can you imagine how I will feel about being videoed while I eat?

I can tell you right now....this will not happen.
Yeah,the anonymity factor would be an issue, as would just the getting Disney to allow it thing.

You folks are great on the video show btw. I still prefer the audio version, but many good new things on the video version.

It must be hard to stay beneath the radar.
__________________
Dreading mugginess
1996 WDW Off Property 2006 AS Movies 2011 WL2013 AS Sports/BC
HubbDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 07:53 PM   #8
HubbDave
Remember, no matter where you go, there you are - BB
I do love pics of defunct and abandoned Parks
 
HubbDave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Hubbardston, MA
Posts: 1,520

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyCruisin'

Kevin,

They don't have to show you eating, just the rest - the food, the ambiance (or lack thereof), etc. Then after the meal, show you on camera outside giving the low down. I think it would be great to watch!!
This would rock...
__________________
Dreading mugginess
1996 WDW Off Property 2006 AS Movies 2011 WL2013 AS Sports/BC
HubbDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 09:23 PM   #9
LSURyan
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Baton Rouge
Posts: 144

I must've missed that in the beginning, but that suits me 'bout right. I'm always a day late to things. Oh we'll, I'm still willing to guess a number on the prizematron on though. 13! (Worth a shot, right?)

Maybe John and/or Kevin can just strap that GoPro camera to their heads before they chow down. No one will think anything of it I'm sure. I remember on my little camcorder there was a setting to turn off the red recording light. I could never figure out a reason why you'd want to. I always thought I did a good enough job hiding the camera under a hat on the nightstand as it were. It also had night vision......(did the night vision thing make me go from funny to pervy?) Maybe you can just nonchalantly place a camera on the table, the up angle will surly be flattering...right?
LSURyan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 09:47 PM   #10
DisneyKevin
Kelvis
Above the Pearls Below the Crown

Such a tease!
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Central Florida
Posts: 8,907
DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyCruisin' View Post
Kevin,

They don't have to show you eating, just the rest - the food, the ambiance (or lack thereof), etc. Then after the meal, show you on camera outside giving the low down. I think it would be great to watch!!
This involves someone with a camera, microphone and huge lights.

While it might be fun to watch, it's logistically impossible.

As I said earlier....it's not going to happen.
__________________
DisneyKevin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 09:49 PM   #11
DisneyKevin
Kelvis
Above the Pearls Below the Crown

Such a tease!
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Central Florida
Posts: 8,907
DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by LSURyan View Post
I must've missed that in the beginning, but that suits me 'bout right. I'm always a day late to things. Oh we'll, I'm still willing to guess a number on the prizematron on though. 13! (Worth a shot, right?)

Maybe John and/or Kevin can just strap that GoPro camera to their heads before they chow down. No one will think anything of it I'm sure. I remember on my little camcorder there was a setting to turn off the red recording light. I could never figure out a reason why you'd want to. I always thought I did a good enough job hiding the camera under a hat on the nightstand as it were. It also had night vision......(did the night vision thing make me go from funny to pervy?) Maybe you can just nonchalantly place a camera on the table, the up angle will surly be flattering...right?
You want me to have dinner with a camera strapped to my head?

For the third time...this is not going to happen.
__________________
DisneyKevin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 10:06 PM   #12
LSURyan
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Baton Rouge
Posts: 144

Ok, not dinner. I just want to see you strap that thing on your head now.
LSURyan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 10:16 PM   #13
DisneyKevin
Kelvis
Above the Pearls Below the Crown

Such a tease!
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Central Florida
Posts: 8,907
DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by LSURyan View Post
Ok, not dinner. I just want to see you strap that thing on your head now.
__________________
DisneyKevin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 10:49 PM   #14
Mary Jo
Techarita
Loves the star on the mountain
 
Mary Jo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 1998
Location: West of the original Magic Kingdom
Posts: 25,635
DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by LSURyan View Post
Ok, not dinner. I just want to see you strap that thing on your head now.

Love the visual...
Mary Jo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 08:14 AM   #15
jcb
always emerging from hibernation
 
jcb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: In view of the Smoky Mountains
Posts: 3,670

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyKevin View Post
This involves someone with a camera, microphone and huge lights.

While it might be fun to watch, it's logistically impossible.

As I said earlier....it's not going to happen.
You forgot the three piece suit for you and John.

And you know there are DISsers who could fit a backpack or camera case with a hidden camera.
__________________
Jack
jcb is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:04 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.