Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Global Neighbours > Canadian Trip Planning & Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-20-2013, 11:09 AM   #1
Heather2125
Earning My Ears

Disney Area Apartments and Townhomes

Has anyone booked a home or townhouse through Air Canada Vacations? The company is listed as "Disney Area Apartments and Townhomes". Other than being rated 3 stars and 30km to Disney, there aren't a lot of details. There are lots of communities out there, some obviously much more desirable than others!! The price is really good, so I'm curious about the quality. Any details would be much appreciated!
Cheers!
Heather2125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 12:22 PM   #2
Bonnie40
Sweet tomatoes, yum
Has lived in Guelph all her life

If it sounds too good to be true....it usually is....

30km is quite a distance from Disney property.....and at 3 stars, I would strongly suggest you steer clear, but hopefully you will hear from someone who has experience with Air Canada Vacations!

Bonnie40 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-20-2013, 01:31 PM   #3
mamaCta
DIS Veteran

We did not use Air Canada Vacations, but we did rent a house when we went to WDW. We were in Kissimmee, near the Holiday Inn resort. It was so much more comfortable than staying in a hotel.

This trip is Me, DH, Sis21, DD15, DS6, DD3, and the ILs.

Disneybounding planning on mama-c.polyvore.com
mamaCta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 05:18 PM   #4
Heather2125
Earning My Ears

The distance can be up to 30km... a huge area! It's $2000 to rent a 4* four bedroom house at end of Dec/first of January for 2 weeks ($1300 for a 4 bedroom townhouse). So this could be a good deal or a bad one, depending on location. I'd much prefer to rent through an agency than VRBO.
Heather2125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 06:26 PM   #5
Bonnie40
Sweet tomatoes, yum

I would suggest you spend some time on the Orlando Resorts board here and see what people are saying. I wouldn't be afraid of VRBO and I hear good things about Windsor Hills and other vacation home rentals very close to Disney property.

Old 04-21-2013, 12:42 PM   #6
LSmith
DIS Veteran

I've used VRBO to rent vacation homes in Florida at least 7 or 8 times. I wouldn't hesitate to use them again.

On the other hand I used Air Canada Vacations to book a trip once and NEVER again.
LSmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 08:53 AM   #7
nichanda
Mouseketeer

Have you looked into Wyndham Bonnet Creek? It gets rave reviews on this website, and is very close to Disney. I haven't stayed there myself, but am thinking about it next winter. The prices are phenomenal too (much better than what you quoted above).

It's a time share resort, but you rent through companies who rent out people's timeshares. Many of the companies are discussed in the posts about and there is alot of reviews/feedback about who they booked through. There is a ton of information about this resort on here.

This is a link to the Orlando Hotels section of this website. There are alot of posts about Bonnet Creek. Its worth learning about.

http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=15
Old 04-22-2013, 08:57 AM   #8
Bonnie40
Sweet tomatoes, yum

Quote:
Originally Posted by nichanda View Post
Have you looked into Wyndham Bonnet Creek? It gets rave reviews on this website, and is very close to Disney. I haven't stayed there myself, but am thinking about it next winter. The prices are phenomenal too (much better than what you quoted above).

It's a time share resort, but you rent through companies who rent out people's timeshares. Many of the companies are discussed in the posts about and there is alot of reviews/feedback about who they booked through. There is a ton of information about this resort on here.

This is a link to the Orlando Hotels section of this website. There are alot of posts about Bonnet Creek. Its worth learning about.

http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=15
Great suggestion to the OP! Stayed there myself and would go back in a heartbeat! Be sure to look into this!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: