Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-20-2013, 10:49 AM   #1
ajgardner
Mouseketeer

Later Time for Dolphin Encounter/Nassau

I'm thinking of booking the dolphin encounter at blue lagoon while in Nassau. There are two times, the morning and early afternoon. I had a plan all set in my head of spending some morning time on the ship (water slide, less crowded pool, etc...) and then doing the afternoon encounter. However, I just noticed that it says we may not arrive back in time for the early dining, which is what we have. Does anyone know what time we would get back? We don't need a ton of time to get ready for dinner but do not want to miss any of the MDRs. I know the safe bet is to just do the early encounter, but would like to know others' experiences.

ajgardner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 10:59 AM   #2
neg58
DIS Veteran

I think the 'all aboard' times in Nassau are usually about 5 pm, so you'll be back by then. Look at Navigators for your ship and see what time all aboard is.

Nancy
neg58 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-20-2013, 11:44 AM   #3
ajgardner
Mouseketeer

Good idea to check a past navigator....however, it lists all aboard on Nassau day as 6pm....

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

Old 04-20-2013, 11:58 AM   #4
angelinaxox
Mouseketeer

When I was on the Magic last summer, my brother booked the later dolphin encounter for his wife, his three kids and myself. We had early seating. I also read beforehand about possibly not making it back for dinner so I was a little nervous about doing the late time, but my brother insisted we would be fine. We did indeed make it back, but we did have to rush to be ready for dinner.
angelinaxox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 12:27 PM   #5
ajgardner
Mouseketeer

I tend to get stressed, so maybe I should just go with the early time....I would just much prefer the later time.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

Old 04-20-2013, 02:12 PM   #6
TwinPrincessMermaids
DIS Veteran

We did the sea lion and got the early time. We ended up being the first encounter of the day. Then we were able to buy our photos and videos quickly and were able to enjoy the Blue Lagoon all the rest of the day and even had time to chill in a hammock a bit after swimming in both the snorkeling reef and the public lagoon and having an amazing lunch. We even had time because the last ferry back leaves at 4 so we had about a half hour or so to hit the straw market for some goodies (my friend got a liltle mermaid bag last time with her name on it and has rubbed it in my face ever since! ha now I got one too) and hit the Tortuga rum cake shop before embarking on the cruise. So early for us was a great way to start the day, have a great beach day and fit some shopping in. I'm sure we couldn't have done all that with the late time. We had to be at the Theater at 9:30 when the excursion ticket said, but the actual tour really didn't get going for 20-30 min after that. I would have been sad to miss out on any of the beach time or any of the shopping either. But then again, I would have liked to have done a little bit more on the boat, so basically they just need to clone us so we can do everything.
TwinPrincessMermaids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2014, 10:02 PM   #7
dnardi710
Earning My Ears

So if we take the 4pm boat back and get right on the ship instead of shipping we should be fine for the early dinner, correct?
dnardi710 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2014, 11:49 PM   #8
mduncan1
Mouseketeer

What time does the second encounter leave the cruise ship? We would like to do stuff in the morning on the ship as well.
mduncan1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: