Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-20-2013, 11:13 AM   #1
Aliceacc
We had a wonderful time, but did have our moments!

Pretty much down to my hips on one side, but nice and perky on the other

OK, today's the day

I got on the scale today and wasn't happy with what I saw.

It's not TOO much; if I lost 15 pounds I would call myself "thin enough."

So I'm wearing the jeans that are uncomfortably snug. (Not obscene, just not comfortable.)

And I'm hopeful that, between now and summer, I can lose those nagging 15 pounds.

My plan is to cut down on the bread (my absolute weakness) and the between meal snacks. Maybe even take the dog for a long walk every day. Nothing too drastic, because I know myself: I simply won't keep it up if it's too hard. (That's how I got into this shape to begin with after all.) I want to drink more water, but I'm a teacher... my bathroom breaks come on a schedule, not as needed. So I'll have to be careful there. And once the weather gets a bit warmer, I'll eat more salads... somehow they're simply not appetizing when I'm cold.

Anyone want to join me?

I've been BOO'ed by pigletgirl!
numerous trips in college and one together in 1990 August 2008 and August 2009: Polynesian. August 2012: Beach Club Yacht Club in 2014!!
(Thanks, Disney Destinations, for your past generosity. And to the Beach Club staff for all their assistance in our 2012 medical crisis.)
Aliceacc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 11:18 AM   #2
Gumbo4x4
Note to the ladies who forgot to check - we don't mind. Signed, "The guys"

15's a good number. I'm with you!
Register to remove

Old 04-20-2013, 11:20 AM   #3
java
I am embracing the Turkey Butt
We have the mentally insane lab and the incredibly flatulent Bulldog
I'm the mean wife

Me too!
java is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 11:21 AM   #4
Aliceacc

YAY!!! I have diet buddies!!!!!

numerous trips in college and one together in 1990 August 2008 and August 2009: Polynesian. August 2012: Beach Club Yacht Club in 2014!!
(Thanks, Disney Destinations, for your past generosity. And to the Beach Club staff for all their assistance in our 2012 medical crisis.)
Old 04-20-2013, 11:39 AM   #5
Nolcrest
DIS Veteran

Yup, I hear ya & I'm w/ya. As a matter of fact I begin Nutrisystem again on Monday. A few years ago I lost about 30 pounds w/doing Nutrisystem for 3 weeks and then just choosing healthier eating.

I need to get back to my healthier ways so I'm doing Nutisystem again for 4 weeks and I hope it's the kickstart to better eating habits again. My downfall is carbs even though I have lots of healthy food in the house. Plus, I recently started an exercise program.

I'm hoping this will bring on a new mindset like it did last time.
Old 04-20-2013, 11:59 AM   #6
Aliceacc

Tell me about Nutrisystem-- what do you like, what do you not reallly like, how practical it is....

Old 04-20-2013, 01:10 PM   #7
java
I am embracing the Turkey Butt
We have the mentally insane lab and the incredibly flatulent Bulldog
I'm the mean wife

How about a weekly goal. Like very low carb for 2 days this week. Or more ambitious if you think of one.
java is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 01:35 PM   #8
The Mystery Machine
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aliceacc View Post
I got on the scale today and wasn't happy with what I saw.

It's not TOO much; if I lost 15 pounds I would call myself "thin enough."

So I'm wearing the jeans that are uncomfortably snug. (Not obscene, just not comfortable.)

And I'm hopeful that, between now and summer, I can lose those nagging 15 pounds.

My plan is to cut down on the bread (my absolute weakness) and the between meal snacks. Maybe even take the dog for a long walk every day. Nothing too drastic, because I know myself: I simply won't keep it up if it's too hard. (That's how I got into this shape to begin with after all.) I want to drink more water, but I'm a teacher... my bathroom breaks come on a schedule, not as needed. So I'll have to be careful there. And once the weather gets a bit warmer, I'll eat more salads... somehow they're simply not appetizing when I'm cold.

Anyone want to join me?
Come join us on the WISH board!!!

Since Dec. I am down 10lbs., with another 10 to go.

The one thing that has REALLY helped me is buying "The Biggest Loser" food scale. It really helped me reign in my portions.

I also track calories, sat fat, cholesterol and sodium on My Fitness Pal from time to time. Right now I am tracking everything.

In addition I am in physical therapy for plantar fasciitis and doing strength training and some cardio. I can't "walk" due to toe pain.

It is a journey for me. Good Luck!!!
The Mystery Machine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 04:58 PM   #9
RebeccaB
DIS Veteran

I believe I will join you on this weight loss journey! I'd like to lose 15lbs as well. I know I can do it, I have wicked metabolism...the week before vacation I lost 4lbs simply by paying attention to when I ate (hmm, am I really hungry, or thirsty, or just bored?), and what I ate...and not snacking after supper. However, I ate like a hog over vaca lol....

I was "that" girl, the skinny one who could eat anything I wanted and not gain a pound. In fact, I tried to gain weight to no avail. So, now that I can't eat the way I used to....blagh, those're hard habits to break.

My first goal is to kick my Coke-a-Cola habit. I bought 90calorie cans today to "wean" myself off the regular sized bottles. I only drink one bottle a day, but that's 240 calories and 65g of sugar.

Here's to us!

RebeccaB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 07:39 PM   #10
jojo9610
Mouseketeer

I would love to join you all. I need to lose at least 10.
jojo9610 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 11:05 PM   #11
cybrkitn
We called it Bonko
I loved climbing trees
Don't apply for a job there! DUH!!!!!
Dork/geeky or just plain scary. You be the judge

I lost weight on my own and was doing ok. That is until I gained 4 pounds back and couldn't get rid of it . DH got me onto MyFitnessPal.com last October. Since then I have lost 21 pounds. I was into a size 16 and now am into a size 12/14.

MyFitnessPal is calorie based so you can eat whatever you want just in smaller portion sizes. You'd be surprised at how much of the regular foods we eat regularly are in their database. If it's not, you can add it as well as any recipes you use.

"People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect... but actually, from a non-linear, non subjective viewpoint, it's more like a big ball of wibbly-wobbly...timey-wimey...stuff." The Doctor
cybrkitn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 06:28 AM   #12
Aliceacc

It's been 3 days and I'm down 2 pounds.

It's a start

Old 04-23-2013, 06:54 AM   #13
dismom301930
Mouseketeer

I'd like to join you! I woke up this morning and said to myself "Today is the day" so this thread is very timely. My goal is to lose 30 pounds by my 40th birthday in November.
dismom301930 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 07:08 AM   #14
MIGrandma
A woman is like a tea bag. You never know how strong she is until she's in hot water~Eleanor Roosevelt
I have a toilet problem
33 people looked, and not one followed the rule!

Losing weight is hard, I know.

I'm diabetic and in November my doctor said he thought if lost 30 pounds I could probably get off my medication so I started "back at it." I lost 40 pounds a few years ago, but a few pounds had found their way back to me. By February I had lost 17 pounds, but March came and so did the foul weather. It was like a hit a brick wall as far as food was concerned. I was still exercising but got really bad with my food for about 6 weeks and gained back 5 pounds.

I'm working at it again....I seem to keep starting over.... I have a good goal to work for, my trip to Disney with my DD in September. I want 20 pounds off for that.

I don't drink pop/soda, so no problems there. And I try to stay away from wheat as I seem to have a sensitivity to that. Meals aren't so much a problem, as snacking. Especially in the evenings. But I'm cutting down, little by little, and making small changes and I know I'll get there.

I walk 30-60 minutes a day if the weather is nice, or when it's not I do the Leslie Sansone Walk Away the Pounds DVD's.

I did manage to drop a size in pants over the winter so was happy about that. But it's a struggle, I know. And even more when DH isn't on the losing bandwagon with me. He could stand to lose a few pounds himself but isn't interested. I know it would be easier if he would. Oh well.

But anyway, good luck to you OP.
Old 04-28-2013, 05:58 AM   #15
Aliceacc

At the end of one week, I'm down 3 pounds

How's everyone else doing?

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: