DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC-Mousecellaneous
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-21-2013, 12:19 AM   #16
lilpooh108
DIS Veteran

For us the only year it was worth it was when we got 3 trips out of the passes, regardless of the number of days used. This made it so that we were able to go whenever we felt like it. For only 2 trips a year, we stick with non expiring passes and we don't go into parks every day.

But we fly from CA so the flight itself is $$$$
lilpooh108 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 12:40 AM   #17
spiceycat
Own at BWV, VWL and BLT
It happens every night on the Bay Lake side

here are tickets prices
http://www.wdwinfo.com/wdwinfo/tickets.htm#tickettypes

w/o tickets
the 4 day pass is $253.52
the 5 day pass is $262.91

the 10 day pass w/no expiration
$574.65

so any of your choices looks like the annual pass is a better deal.

spiceycat is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-21-2013, 12:48 AM   #18
spiceycat
Own at BWV, VWL and BLT
It happens every night on the Bay Lake side

for the current discounts - goto the dvcmember.com

member extras

stay informed - perks and discounts

spiceycat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 08:24 AM   #19
mrsR123
Mad about the mouse
Teacher, teacher, can you teach me?

Since they jacked up the price of the no-expiration option, nearly any year with two separate trips will make it easy to justify APs when you qualify for the DVC rate.

I'm hedging my bets for now by buying 5 day base tickets from UT for $25 off for my New Year's trip. If I can swing the Thanksgiving trip I'd like to do to see DS's marching band perform (airfare is so high anymore!), then I'll upgrade to AP's while we're there in November. I'll be able to upgrade for around $120, less if rack rates go up between now and then.
Old 04-21-2013, 08:40 AM   #20
Tamar
If you're not going to snort, what's the point of laughing??

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsH42608 View Post
They're valid for one year from your first use. We go twice a year for 7-10days each trip and for us its worth it. We like having the park hopper option, but Im not sure it would be worth it if you didnt want the hopper option- and depends on how many days you plan on being in the parks.
I also like that even if we take a day off from the parks we can still do dinner in the parks & its not "wasting" a ticket day.
This is exactly the way we feel. We have total freedom to go into a park even if it's only to see Illuminations or Wishes, or to ride a single ride. Once you get an annual pass, there's a good chance you will figure out how to never be without one when you have a trip.
Tamar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 09:25 AM   #21
Checkers
DIS Veteran

Don't mean to hijack this thread, but does anyone know if when your pass expires (PAP) and it was one that was upgraded last year with the special promotion, if you are required to again buy a PAP in order to get the renewal price or can you go back and get the the renewal price on a regular AP (DVC)? Also, in the past you could renew a month before and up to a month after expiration. Is this still the case?

Upcoming:

BWVs - 12/14-12/19
Checkers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 09:54 AM   #22
DaisyNY
Mouseketeer

Thanks for all the information...considering we're going for five days now and another six + within the year, I think we'll buy the DVC AP pass and purchase tickets for a day at TL while we're there if we decide to go! This should save us considerable $$$...
DaisyNY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 10:16 PM   #23
PKK/MJK
DIS Veteran

Consider this option also. We used to go for 2 weeks at the beginning of August in year 1 and went the last 2 weeks of July in year 2. That way we get 4 weeks for the price of 8 days. When you are buying for a family of 5 this savings really adds up.

WDW--82,83,85,87,89,93,95,96, 97,98,99,00,01,02,03,04,05,06,07,08,09,10,11,12
DVC/OKW
PKK/MJK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 08:35 AM   #24
lilkitty819
Disney dreamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by lesabrowning View Post
We have had APs for years, certainly since joining DVC and for as long as DL has offered them. (CA resident and past DL cast members zillion years ago) We now do WDW twice a year, but even when we did only one trip per year we would arrange it so it fell within the same AP year. (Take a trip the end of Oct this year and the beginning of Oct the following year, same AP but "two years" of vacation) With the DVC discount we always saved money.
We do the exact same thing...We get 2 years of vacation time..We will be there at the end of Oct. this year and the beginning to the middle next year!!!
Also considering a 7 day hopper is $360.+ AP are the way to go with DVC
11/02 All Star Movies
11/03 First time home BCV
10/04 Royal Pacific/ Magic E.C.
10/05 BCV 2/06 P.C.
05/06 Alaskan Cruise
10/06 BCV 10/07 BCV 01/08 Saratoga 10/08 BCV
10/09 Bermuda Cruise
10/10 BCV 01/11 A.S.Music 10/11BCV
10/12 Maine
10/13 BCV
lilkitty819 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 04:20 PM   #25
YourEveryDayAdam
Mouseketeer

The general rule of thumb for DVC members is that an Annual pass will be less expensive if your travel follows any of these rules:

1) If you will be doing three or more different trips with any number of park days in one year to Disney World.

2) If you will be doing at least 11 park days in a one year period.

3) You will be doing 10 or more park days over two or more different trips in a one year period.

There are a few exceptions to the rules above and they all depend on your specific scenarios... for example, if you do three 1-day visits to disney world, it will be less expensive to buy 1 day tickets.... but if you do three 2-day visits, then it's cheaper to do a DVC annual pass.

If you do two (or more) typical Disney vacations (between 4-10 days) per year, then it will make sense to buy a DVC annual pass. If you only go once a year, then it will make sense to buy the normal MYW tickets.
Old 04-23-2013, 05:04 PM   #26
DaisyNY
Mouseketeer

Thanks for the help in sorting this out...I think we will purchase the DVC AP passes and just the one day pass to TL in June! We're lucky to have lots of points to use in the next year...Disney here we come!
DaisyNY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 12:02 PM   #27
mnlovesdisney
Mouseketeer

Just wondering if anyone knows if you can purchase DVC AP at your resort when you check in. We are thinking of doing the AP this year since we will be going in May and then again next spring in probably March (so same 12 month period).
mnlovesdisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 12:56 PM   #28
jimim
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mnlovesdisney View Post
Just wondering if anyone knows if you can purchase DVC AP at your resort when you check in. We are thinking of doing the AP this year since we will be going in May and then again next spring in probably March (so same 12 month period).
Guest services at any park. Not at resort.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
Old 04-24-2013, 01:36 PM   #29
kenny
I just want it to look like nothing else in the world... and it should be surrounded by a train. - Walter E. Disney

You can buy them at the resort as well. We bought ours last year at BLT. We only had to go to guest services for TiWL

kenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 01:59 PM   #30
BrerNashville
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by YourEveryDayAdam View Post
The general rule of thumb for DVC members is that an Annual pass will be less expensive if your travel follows any of these rules:

1) If you will be doing three or more different trips with any number of park days in one year to Disney World.

2) If you will be doing at least 11 park days in a one year period.

3) You will be doing 10 or more park days over two or more different trips in a one year period.
I think it's simpler than that -- if you are doing at least two trips, consisting of at least three park days each trip, then the DVC AP makes sense.

You might go so far as to say that a three day/two day combo would be worth it -- if you are getting park hoppers.
BrerNashville is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: