Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-20-2013, 09:40 AM   #1
RweTHEREyet
What makes you think the Tag Fairy doesn't know you?? :D
Will get my Grapefruit Cake at Starring Rolls from now on!
I can't stand not having another trip booked!

What all is included in the Rainforest Pass

I have been to the spa for a treatment and have tried the different rainforest showers, and I just don't get the draw. Does the pass include something other than the three showers where you get pelted and frozen and so forth? There must be more to it than the three showers for people to pay for a pass to do that. There are so many people interested in the Rainforest what am I missing? I enjoy being pampered, but I don't consider those showers as pampering.
Old 04-20-2013, 11:12 AM   #2
neg58
DIS Veteran

Then it's not for you. I don't like massages so I don't pay for them.

Nancy
neg58 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-20-2013, 11:15 AM   #3
canadiandisneyfamof4
Mouseketeer

I thought the showers were fun. I was on the Fantasy so also enjoyed the heated tile loungers and ocean view hot tub. Loved the adult time with my husband with no kids (mine or anyone else's) the lush bathrobes and feeling relaxed and pampered, that being said it may not be for everyone
canadiandisneyfamof4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 01:37 PM   #4
lbgraves
Little Cinderella's Mommy
The bad news is...they are driving me nuts!!!

IMO there is a lot more to the RF than the showers. There are three saunas to choose from -- steam, dry and mixed. You get a container of scrub with a loofa to use in the sauna. I got the chocolate pepermint both times I went. I found that laying down on wet towels over the seat was great for my sore back. It was much better than a heating pad! There are then four showers on the new ships. I only liked the one with the warmer water. The heated tile loungers were more relaxing than I had expected them to be. Of course, when a few people decided to have a gab fest and party in there for 15 minutes or so it kind of killed the relaxation vibe but after they left it was peaceful. There are two hot tubs on the new ships, but the water only reached 91 degrees, so I didn't find them worth using. There was a tech trying to work on them the second time. He said that the wind cools the water down. ??? Seems to me that they should be able to compensate for that but it didn't ruin it for me. These passes were a surprise gift on our cruise last month. I now know that I will be getting at least one day of the RF from now on. That and satellite falls were my favorite new places discovered on our cruise. No kids and incredibly relaxing! Oh, and I also saw serenity bay for the first time in ten stops at CC.

Magic: E 11/15/2003, W 12/4/2004, E 12/10/2005, W DD w/ CM 12/9/2006, EBPC 8/2008, W 1/8/2011
Wonder: 3N 1/11/2010, Alaska 7/26/11
Fantasy: MV W w/ CM 3/31/2012, E w/ SJ 3/23/2013

DCL 2016 Opening Day Pricing Thread Pt 1: January - April
DCL 2015 Opening Day Pricing Thread #3 August - December
DCL 2015 Opening Day Pricing Thread #2 April - August

Past Opening Day Pricing Threads
lbgraves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 02:44 PM   #5
Deb T.
It's so nice to read for fun again
I love my iPod!
I'm Crazy DIS Tag Lover...now gimme some S'Mores!

I'll admit that I'm another cruiser (13 on DCL, 1 on Celebrity) who doesn't quite understand the draw of the Rainforest. I had a complimentary Rainforest Day Pass on one of our first Disney cruises, tried everything, and have never felt the desire to spend any more time in there. Personally, I'd much rather be in an outside area of the ship, breathing the fresh sea air and soaking up the warm sunshine. The heated loungers are more comfortable than they look, but then again, I'd still prefer being out on a sunny deck in a chaise lounger than in the dark Rainforest. Public showers don't interest me in the least, even if they are scented and have a myriad of shower heads. Same with saunas... I can sweat just as well on an outside deck.

Now as for the spa treatments - massages and such - count me in! I always schedule at least one massage on every cruise!

62 Disney World Trips so far... next one this winter!
21 Disneyland Trips so far... next one this fall!
1 Disneyland Paris Trip!

DCL PLATINUM!: Magic 1998; Wonder 1999; Wonder 2006; Wonder 2007; Mediterranean Magic 2007; Wonder 2008; Mexican Riviera Magic 2008; Wonder 2009; Wonder 2010; Baltic Sea Magic 2010; B2B Dream 2011/Dream 2011; Dream 2012; Fantasy EC 2013; looking forward to Baltic Magic again in 2015!
Deb T. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 07:11 PM   #6
OrangeCountyCommuter
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deb T. View Post
I'll admit that I'm another cruiser (13 on DCL, 1 on Celebrity) who doesn't quite understand the draw of the Rainforest. I had a complimentary Rainforest Day Pass on one of our first Disney cruises, tried everything, and have never felt the desire to spend any more time in there. Personally, I'd much rather be in an outside area of the ship, breathing the fresh sea air and soaking up the warm sunshine. The heated loungers are more comfortable than they look, but then again, I'd still prefer being out on a sunny deck in a chaise lounger than in the dark Rainforest. Public showers don't interest me in the least, even if they are scented and have a myriad of shower heads. Same with saunas... I can sweat just as well on an outside deck.

Now as for the spa treatments - massages and such - count me in! I always schedule at least one massage on every cruise!
See I skip the spa. Too much 'sales pressure'. I did however enjoy the rainforest room on the Dream
OrangeCountyCommuter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 08:48 PM   #7
Aby
Obsessive and Compulsive

My hubby and I went on our first cruise in 2011 to Alaska. We ended up getting the 7 day pass for the rainforest room on the first day, and they through in a free Exotic Rasul treatment. We really loved it and plan on buying the week long pass again on our next cruise.

Typically, we would get up first thing in the morning, and head over to the rainforest room (it was not busy in the mornings). We would sit in the aromatherapy steam room, enjoy the saunas for awhile, then had our showers in the change room before heading back to our room to get ready for the day. It was a wonderful, quiet, refreshing way to spend each morning together.

I can understand that it's not something that is for everyone, but we thought it was worth the cost, especially with the free treatment thrown in for us (which we had planned to do anyway).

Aby
Aby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 09:24 PM   #8
Dis_Yoda
DIS Veteran

I found it really relaxing on our cruise (Fantasy) but I got more use out of it as my room was really close to the spa. I have a feeling if I was in the Aft of the ship, I wouldn't have wandered in as much as I did. It is relaxing without a lot of noise or dealing with others.
Old 04-20-2013, 10:01 PM   #9
dunnhorn
I'd rather be at Castaway Cay

Heated loungers, practically a private hot tub overlooking the ocean. Neat showers.

I only bought it for a day, but I loved it so much I figured out how to get my husband in there on my pass. I can't exactly remember how I did it - used like my initial only or we switched room keys or something - but it worked and he spent about an hour in there as well and he also loved it.

Leslie Ann
Me, DH, DS 12, DD 10

DVC Homes: SSR, HH, BLT, BWV, VWL
Resorts visited: Every WDW resort except for Coronado and Art of Animation. I am boycotting the Poly due to lack of hot tub.

4 day Disney WONDER May '09.
4 day Disney DREAM April '11.
7 day Disney FANTASY Western May '12.
7 day RCCL OASIS OF THE SEAS Eastern April '13
4 day Disney MAGIC March'14

Looking forward to the DVC MEMBER CRUISE on the Disney DREAM in 8/14, and a 7 day ALASKAN cruise on the Disney WONDER in June '15.
dunnhorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 10:07 PM   #10
maryliz
The Whoosh Fairy RULEs, the Bloat Fairy DROOLs!
(the tag fairy rules, too!)

Anyone know what the cost of a couples pass for a week is? I don't see where I can pre-buy it like the day pass. I thought I had heard $150 somewhere? We definitely don't need the "scrubs" that you can buy.

We are travelling with family, and thought that it would be great for my Mom, my sisters and myself. The guys would definitely NOT be interested in it. But I understand that we could buy 2 "couples" passes, and that would cover the 4 of us girls.

If the week long pass is something I can only buy on the ship, do they sell out quickly? We are driving to port, so hoping to get an early PAT. However, the rest of the family is taking Disney transport from AKL, so they won't be arriving until sometime after 1:30. Just wondering if they sell out of the week long passes? Or can I buy both couples passes to cover us all?

Me DH DD DS
maryliz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 10:30 PM   #11
thepops
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by maryliz View Post
Anyone know what the cost of a couples pass for a week is? I don't see where I can pre-buy it like the day pass. I thought I had heard $150 somewhere? We definitely don't need the "scrubs" that you can buy.

We are travelling with family, and thought that it would be great for my Mom, my sisters and myself. The guys would definitely NOT be interested in it. But I understand that we could buy 2 "couples" passes, and that would cover the 4 of us girls.

If the week long pass is something I can only buy on the ship, do they sell out quickly? We are driving to port, so hoping to get an early PAT. However, the rest of the family is taking Disney transport from AKL, so they won't be arriving until sometime after 1:30. Just wondering if they sell out of the week long passes? Or can I buy both couples passes to cover us all?
If you go to the Disney Cruise page, then select Planning Center and then In room gifts and shopping. Select your port, and then uncheck everything except the Spa options and hit Filter. Then you'll see the Spa packages you can pre-order. (the 1 day Rainforest pass is the only one showing up on my itinerary right now).
Old 04-20-2013, 10:48 PM   #12
maryliz

Quote:
Originally Posted by thepops View Post
If you go to the Disney Cruise page, then select Planning Center and then In room gifts and shopping. Select your port, and then uncheck everything except the Spa options and hit Filter. Then you'll see the Spa packages you can pre-order. (the 1 day Rainforest pass is the only one showing up on my itinerary right now).
That's what I am seeing as well ... just the 1 day. And I've also heard that if you don't pre-order the 1 day, when you buy on board, it is more money because it automatically comes with a scrub. 1 day passes were our original plan, to spend part of a day "just the girls and my Mom", but thought that having the week long pass would make it much easier to try and go without worrying about it being busy, and being able to go back throughout the week.

Me DH DD DS
Old 04-20-2013, 10:53 PM   #13
rentayenta

There's never enough vacation time
I'm always thinking about it
I can't imagine being in it alone

Quote:
Originally Posted by maryliz View Post
That's what I am seeing as well ... just the 1 day. And I've also heard that if you don't pre-order the 1 day, when you buy on board, it is more money because it automatically comes with a scrub. 1 day passes were our original plan, to spend part of a day "just the girls and my Mom", but thought that having the week long pass would make it much easier to try and go without worrying about it being busy, and being able to go back throughout the week.
What is the scrub? I've been looking at a one day pass.

You light 'em, they fight 'em. A DVC/Disneyland Resort PTR
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?...1#post51407145
You bet your aft we had a good time: a Disney Wonder trip report
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3260751

rentayenta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 11:37 AM   #14
RweTHEREyet
What makes you think the Tag Fairy doesn't know you?? :D
Will get my Grapefruit Cake at Starring Rolls from now on!
I can't stand not having another trip booked!

I was hoping I had missed something, but it doesn't seem like it, so, I guess it isn't for me then. When we used this on the Dream, I believe, the hot tub was a disappointment as well. Water was lukewarm in both of them, and there was almost no power to the jets at all, no different than water filling into a bathtub. I don't know if they weren't working properly, but they were both like that. The hot tubs on the pool deck had much more power.
Old 04-21-2013, 12:00 PM   #15
maryliz

Quote:
Originally Posted by rentayenta View Post
What is the scrub? I've been looking at a one day pass.
From what I have read, it's a small bottle of a body scrub, that you put on before going into one of the saunas ... then wash it off after. I think it's probably an exfoliating type thing or something.

I think the scrubs typically run $ 9-10, but it seems that one day passes bought on board are automatically the higher price and include it, whereas the pre-purchase ones do not include it.

Me DH DD DS

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: