Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-20-2013, 05:01 PM   #16
mickeynut1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeannieKY View Post
Thinking of upgrading to POR, CBR, or CSR with the Summer discount. (POFQ is out as we have stayed there and it doesn't seem to be included in the special offer.) Just myself and DD16. Which of those three mods do you prefer and why?
We've only stayed at CBR and really liked it (although it's been a long time since we've stayed there). If we were to choose another mod, POR would be our next choice. The resort looks beautiful and it has recently been refurbished. Good luck.

Country Inn & Suites LBV June 2001 - CBR July 2002 - BC December 2003 - WL CL Oct/Nov 2004 - WL September 2006 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2007 -Poly September 2007 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2008 - AKL/GF SL/WL January 2010 - AKL/GF December 2010 - GF RPC May 2011
mickeynut1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 05:55 PM   #17
DisneyFans222
There's a Mouse in our House :)

We have stayed at CSR, CB and POR. I will no longer book at CB or CSR precisely because of the food court and lack of other dining options in close proximity. At POR the food court is large, with a variety of food selections and has healthier options ... make your own salad, make your pasta, roast carving station, sandwich station, bakery, etc... And if nothing at the resort food court appeals to you for lunch or dinner, there is a sit down restaurant...or you can just hope on the ferry boat to DTD, and choose from their vast number of restaurants and quick service options!!! As for the resort amenities, the main pool is fabulously themed and has what my DS12 calls the "treehouse slide" and if you are looking for a quieter experience, there are "quiet" pools steps from your room. Other resort amenities that we enjoy are: renting boats at the Marina; cane-pole fishing (with real worms); horse & carriage rides; renting surrey bikes; great arcade; nightly movies on the lawn and marshmallow toasting; etc... and DTD offers even more activities with Disney Quest, Splitsville, Cirque, AMC Theaters. For my family, POR wins hands down.

August 2014 AKL
June 2014 POP
March 2014 SSR - Spring Break and EPCOT International Flower & Garden Festival
Feb 2014 - POP
Oct 2013 POP - MNSSHP and Food & Wine - Double Header!!!
Aug 2013 POR
June 2013 BWI
March 2013 Fantasy
More than 45 trips to WDW (Being a Florida resident has its perks)
Most Recent: 12/2012 BWI; 9/2012 BWI; 7/2012 SSR; 6/2012 BWI; 11/2011 YC; 7/2011 YC; 02/2011 Poly; 03/2011, etc ...

First Trip 09/1977
DisneyFans222 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-20-2013, 06:06 PM   #18
shell8558
DIS Veteran

Love POR, especially the mansions- the food court is awesome ! The boat to dd is great and the horse and carriage ride are wonderful . My kids prefer the slide and pool at por to cbr.

Did not care for cbr- way too big. If you need an internal bus to get around , there is something wrong !
Old 04-20-2013, 06:07 PM   #19
DizDaD7
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Also, prices are lowest for CBR, then CSR, and highest is POR, but all less than $200 more total for the week than the value. Is it worth it? Has anyone stayed at CBR and not loved it? If so, what didn't you like?
Unfortunately nothing there appealed to me....Worst bus service we've experienced, Smaller beds than the other mods....Waaay spread out, more so than POR & CSR, The main bldg., separated from all the rest... Pool was ok...

Although the beachy caribbean feel is ok, to me if I want that type decor and feel, than I would visit the many different islands... That's just me

1997- Buenavista Hotel/Spa--HoneyMoon--WDW 25thB-day
2000- Allstar Music---Milennium Year!!
2003- Allstar Movies
2006- Off Site/ House
2007- PoP Century
2008- PoP Century
2010- Coronado Springs--->Oct.29-Nov7.
2011- Port Orleans Riverside-->Nov3-Nov11
2012- Boardwalk Villas--->Aug. 21-Sep.1
2013- AKV JH--->Apr5-Apr13..2014- Grand Cal.Villas--->Feb.15-22
2014- AKV--->Nov.1-9
DizDaD7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 06:22 PM   #20
DizDaD7
DIS Veteran

Although we do like POR very much, the only real Downside to it IMHO was the bus service, which was horrible... Other than that we loved it here...The pool was great, the TS rest. was very good, food court top notch, boat to DTD , beautifully themed rooms....I'd stay here again in a heart beat, but:

I happen to think CSR is just a step above it....More of a Deluxe-Lite ( so-ta speak )

CSR- has probably the 2nd best main pool w/ slide out of all WDW resorts..Has the best HOT tub... Real nice themed rooms....Comfiest Queen sized beds...Awesome lounge, &TS. & I know that not many people are fans of PM, but I happen to think this is one of the reasons that puts them over the top...I don't mind a mere $5 bill to give up when I finish my meal...The fact that I have a table and drink already established before I get my food is a HUGE plus..

1997- Buenavista Hotel/Spa--HoneyMoon--WDW 25thB-day
2000- Allstar Music---Milennium Year!!
2003- Allstar Movies
2006- Off Site/ House
2007- PoP Century
2008- PoP Century
2010- Coronado Springs--->Oct.29-Nov7.
2011- Port Orleans Riverside-->Nov3-Nov11
2012- Boardwalk Villas--->Aug. 21-Sep.1
2013- AKV JH--->Apr5-Apr13..2014- Grand Cal.Villas--->Feb.15-22
2014- AKV--->Nov.1-9
DizDaD7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 12:30 AM   #21
JeannieKY
Tink fan

Thank-you all for the feedback!
Old 04-21-2013, 09:26 AM   #22
JeanetteK
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Thinking of upgrading to POR, CBR, or CSR with the Summer discount. (POFQ is out as we have stayed there and it doesn't seem to be included in the special offer.) Just myself and DD16. Which of those three mods do you prefer and why?
Can't say we have a preference (yet) as last year was our first trip, and tomorrow begins our second trip. We were at CSR last year and LOVED it. It's truly a beautiful resort. The walks aren't bad at all, and all staff we encountered were wonderful. We're staying at POR this year, so we will have some comparison. I've heard nothing but wonderful reviews on POR.

I don't think POR or CSR would disappoint you (although I make this statement without having stayed at POR yet).
JeanetteK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 10:19 AM   #23
Linda T.
DIS Veteran

We are big CBR fans. We tried POR one year and wished we wouldn't have. We are going again this July and staying at CBR.

We love everything about CBR. The beautiful tropical colors and foliage; the white, sandy beaches with lovely hammocks; the main pirate pool and seven quiet pools in each village; and the big size of the resort.

The food court is good with a lot of options. The rooms are large with lots of storage (but, yes it does only have double size beds). The gift shop is really nice, and everyone is very friendly. The big size makes it seem like there are fewer people at CBR.

We also request Jamaica or Aruba and it is a very short walk over the bridge to the main pool and food court. The bus system has always been good for us.

Good luck on your decision and have a great vacation!
May, 1979 - Offsite; June, 1995 - CBR; June, 1997 - CBR; June, 1999 - POR; July, 2001 - CBR; April, 2005 - Disneyland; July, 2005 - CBR; July, 2007 - CBR; July, 2010 - CBR; July 2011 - CBR; July, 2013 - CBR; Next Trip - Christmas, 2014 - BCV

Linda T. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 10:31 AM   #24
mdsouth
DIS Veteran

We have stayed at both CBR and CSR. We prefer CSR. We stayed in the Cabanas and it was a short walk to the food court bus stops and the Dig site pool. The pool was the fairest but just over a little bridge. The pool is really nice and bigger than CBR so it felt less crowded.

We really liked Pepper Market amazing wonderful food for counter service credit!

We never noticed the conference people probably because we were in the Cananas. Most of the convent enters stay in the Casitas I think.

Both had a tropical theme that we liked in the rooms and outside so really no difference there. Both had white sany beaches and big hammocks. one of my favorite pictures of DD is at CSR in the hammock. Everyone talks about the hammocks and beaches at CBR but CSR has them too!

At CBR we were in Jamaica right across the bridge and little island from the pool and food court. It was a much longer walk for us to pool and food court than CSR.

We had standard rooms at both places. Bus service was about the same at both.

Enjoy your stay in whatever you choose.

Feb 9-16, 2014 - PORFQ with S/P/D offer
Summer 2009 - CSR
May 2005 - CBR

Trip Reports:
For the First Time in Forever - A Trip to See My Son March in MK Feb 2014

http://www.disboards.com/showthread....2#post52227352

I must be completely insane or not! June/July 2009 TR http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2159070
mdsouth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 02:27 PM   #25
DisneyRunner2009
DIS Veteran

My family's favorite resort is PO for the reasons mentioned by PPs. Some members like FQ better. Others like POR. With the lack of discounts at FQ, we stay at POR. However, we walk over to FQ and use the amenities there just as much. My family stayed at CSR a few years ago. We were located in the Ranchos section. It was quite a walk to the lobby. And weather was rainy. At that time, I found the bussing confusing. I understand it now. You can use the bus to get to the lobby. Without the dining plan, the food can get expensive. It does have the health club, if that is something you would use. I would like to give the resort another try, but Pepper Market is keeping us away for the reason I mentioned. As a family, we would like to give CBR a try. We usually make a trip over there to eat at the food court. My DH would like the option of all the quiet pools.
6/83 offsite, 6/05 POP, 6/06 POP, 8/07 POR, 8/08 CSR/POFQ, 3/09 ASMu PHM, 8/09 ASMu Free DDP, 8/10 POR/ASMu Free DDP, 8/11 POP Free QSDP, 7/12 POR, 9/12 ASMu TOT10Miler, 11/12 POR/ASSp, 8/13 ASSp/POFQ, 9/13 POP, 8/14 CSR, Hoping 2/2015 POFQ/POR GSC

DisneyRunner2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 01:44 PM   #26
pilferk
Jambo Wildbunch Gang
I feel like Rita Rodney Dangerfield...

Quote:
I've stayed at all 3 (well, 4 if you consider POFQ, but that's excluded).

During the summer?

CSR. Because it's not the height of the convention season (usually), which is my only "minus" for the resort. I really like the setup, the pool, and the CS offering (though it's pricier than other CS options at other resorts).

My second choice would be POR, especially after the recent refresh (which I'm not seen "live", but I've seen a lot of pictures of). Likewise, good CS and the resort is just lush and inviting.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: