Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Global Neighbours > Canadian Trip Planning & Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 04-19-2013, 09:35 PM   #1
two*little*birds
LOL I am the ultimate ride wimp!
 
two*little*birds's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Brooklin, Ontario
Posts: 1,158

Has anyone flown with Canjet?

I got a great quote for Air Transat flights in October, but it seems Canjet will be the actual carrier.

We just can't find the value with flying out of BUF this year.
__________________
2007 ~ CONTEMPORARY (September 9th - 16th)
2008 ~ WINDSOR HILLS (November 9th - 21st)
2009 ~ WINDSOR HILLS (October 18th - 28th)
2010 ~ WINDSOR PALMS (November 4th - 18th)
2011 ~ WYNDHAM BONNET CREEK (October 9th - 23rd)
2012 ~ INDIAN CREEK (October 7th - 21st)
2015 ~ VOW RENEWAL (TBD)
two*little*birds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 10:28 PM   #2
House_of_Mouse Fan
Mouseketeer
 
House_of_Mouse Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Ontario, Canada
Posts: 196

We flew with Canjet out of Toronto about 2 1/2 years ago and I am not in a huge hurry to fly with them again. We found the crew at the airport to be very snippy (at 3:30 in the morning) and they were extremely concerned about the size of carry-on luggage. Just about everyone needed to put their carry-on bags into the test carrier to ensure they fit. I've never seen so many carry-on bags be checked in (perhaps it's a money-maker for the airline?). I know that there isn't as much overhead space on the plane so maybe that's why they're so concerned about carry-ons. Also, be aware that the seats are rather close together and there is not as much leg room as you would expect on other carriers.
__________________
Me DD (20)




August 2008 - All-Star Movies; August 2009 - Polynesian, March 2010 - BCV; August 2010 - Polynesian & VWL; December 2010 - BWV; March 2011 - VWL; August 2011 - BCV and Disney Cruise; August 2012 - Paradise Pier, Disneyland; August 2013 - BLT, VWL & Disney Cruise; July 2014 - VWL & Grand Floridian; August 2014 - Disney Cruise to the Mediterranean; July 2015 - VWL & Disney Cruise
House_of_Mouse Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 04-20-2013, 09:29 AM   #3
CKCruising
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Toronto, Canada
Posts: 293

Quote:
Originally Posted by House_of_Mouse Fan View Post
We flew with Canjet out of Toronto about 2 1/2 years ago and I am not in a huge hurry to fly with them again. We found the crew at the airport to be very snippy (at 3:30 in the morning) and they were extremely concerned about the size of carry-on luggage. Just about everyone needed to put their carry-on bags into the test carrier to ensure they fit. I've never seen so many carry-on bags be checked in (perhaps it's a money-maker for the airline?). I know that there isn't as much overhead space on the plane so maybe that's why they're so concerned about carry-ons. Also, be aware that the seats are rather close together and there is not as much leg room as you would expect on other carriers.
I've been on flights where there is no room in the overhead bins due to people with oversized and multiple carry-ons. I would be happy if they started enforcing the rules.

As for the leg room, that's why I prefer not to fly the charters.
__________________
Chris


April 2009 - Disney Magic Eastern Carribean, Nov. 2010 - Disney Magic Western Carribean
April 2010 - AKL (Jambo), August 2011 - SSR (THV) + VB, October 2011 - BLT [MNSSHP], March 2012 - AKL (Kidani), December 2012 - BLT [NYE]
CKCruising is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 09:37 PM   #4
alc571
DIS Veteran
 
alc571's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 631

Double post
__________________
Me DH DS8
'82 Offsite; '85 FW; '87,'98 (DL), '99, '04 & '09 Offsite; '12 POR; '13 POR; '13 (DL); '14 AKL; '14 POR/Offsite; '15 POR
alc571 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 09:39 PM   #5
alc571
DIS Veteran
 
alc571's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 631

We flew Canjet in October. The flight was average and uneventful. Staff is friendly. But beware - the planes are SMALL! I'm 5'6" and my knees hit the seat in front of me. And our plane only had one small TV every 4 rows or so for the movie. I guess it's what you'd expect from a cheap flight. We would fly them again for the right price - which would have to be much cheaper than Air Canada or Westjet. We also did carryon only, and they never weighed or measured our bags.
__________________
Me DH DS8
'82 Offsite; '85 FW; '87,'98 (DL), '99, '04 & '09 Offsite; '12 POR; '13 POR; '13 (DL); '14 AKL; '14 POR/Offsite; '15 POR
alc571 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 09:26 AM   #6
Bertie9396
Mouseketeer
 
Bertie9396's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Barrie, ON
Posts: 208

We flew Canjet in March 2012 when we went to Cuba. We had no complaints, considering the price we paid! Its a charter so small seats, older plane, but hey, we got there and its a short flight. I'd fly them again.
__________________
BERTIE

Bertie9396 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 11:37 AM   #7
Ted in Halifax
Over a 2,000 mile drive from Disney!
 
Ted in Halifax's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Halifax, Nova Scotia
Posts: 2,060

Ive flown with them. No problems and would do it again!
__________________
May 2007 Fort Wilderness Cabins, Feb 2009 Pop Century, Nov 2009 Port Orleans Riverside, March 2010 Pop Century AP, May 2010 All Star Music AP, Nov 2010 POP Century AP, Feb 2011 Port Orleans Riverside AP, March 2012 AKV, March 2012 Disney Dream, March 2012 BWV, Feb 2013 POP AP, March 2013 AKL AP, July 2013 AKL AP, Dec 2013 Coronado Springs AP, Dec 2013 Saratoga Springs AP, and Dec 2013 POR French Quarter AP, JAN 2015 AKL JAMBO HOUSE Watching the SuperBowl at AKL ....
Ted in Halifax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 10:06 AM   #8
fan1080
When you wish upon a star......
 
fan1080's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Lakelands, Nova Scotia
Posts: 1,681

Quote:
Originally Posted by alc571 View Post
We flew Canjet in October. The flight was average and uneventful. Staff is friendly. But beware - the planes are SMALL! I'm 5'6" and my knees hit the seat in front of me. And our plane only had one small TV every 4 rows or so for the movie. I guess it's what you'd expect from a cheap flight. We would fly them again for the right price - which would have to be much cheaper than Air Canada or Westjet. We also did carryon only, and they never weighed or measured our bags.
Seriously? Stop slouching and sit up straight next time.....

Seems odd, we just flew Canjet this past Feb and my knees where well clear of the seat in front of me (I'm 5'8").

Maybe you were making a slight exageration to make a point? The planes are definately smaller, but for someone 5'6" in height to have a problem fitting in the seat seems a little odd.
__________________
Mar 1978 - Off Site (Grade 7, with my family), Sept 1989 - Off Site (Honeymoon), Feb 2006 - All Star Movies (First time to Disney for our 3 daughters), July 2007 - Port Orleans Riverside, Feb 2008 - Pop Century, Mar 2009 - Port Orleans Riverside, Feb 2010 Holiday Inn Express and Suites Universal
fan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 10:08 AM   #9
fan1080
When you wish upon a star......
 
fan1080's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Lakelands, Nova Scotia
Posts: 1,681

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ted in Halifax View Post
Ive flown with them. No problems and would do it again!
Agreed.

We've flown with them a number of times now and feel the same way.
__________________
Mar 1978 - Off Site (Grade 7, with my family), Sept 1989 - Off Site (Honeymoon), Feb 2006 - All Star Movies (First time to Disney for our 3 daughters), July 2007 - Port Orleans Riverside, Feb 2008 - Pop Century, Mar 2009 - Port Orleans Riverside, Feb 2010 Holiday Inn Express and Suites Universal
fan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 07:26 PM   #10
alc571
DIS Veteran
 
alc571's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 631

Quote:
Originally Posted by fan1080 View Post

Seriously? Stop slouching and sit up straight next time.....

Seems odd, we just flew Canjet this past Feb and my knees where well clear of the seat in front of me (I'm 5'8").

Maybe you were making a slight exageration to make a point? The planes are definately smaller, but for someone 5'6" in height to have a problem fitting in the seat seems a little odd.
Too funny... But sadly, no. I'm just not proportioned properly...lol. My legs are the same length as my husbands and he's 6' I was fine until the person in front of me reclined..and bashed their seat off my kneecaps!
__________________
Me DH DS8
'82 Offsite; '85 FW; '87,'98 (DL), '99, '04 & '09 Offsite; '12 POR; '13 POR; '13 (DL); '14 AKL; '14 POR/Offsite; '15 POR
alc571 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 09:30 AM   #11
MaryannF
Very interesting...
We have gotten misted and dripped-on
 
Join Date: Sep 1999
Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Posts: 545

The first time I flew Canjet I said never again but then there was a deal I couldn't pass up. The experiences both times were similar. We liked leaving Toronto early and landing in Orlando early in the morning to maximize the first day. We especially liked that both times, both ways, we flew and landed on time. What we didn't like was the surly staff, weighing and checking size of carry-on, small plane and cramped feeling of the seats. Also, both times when we were just settled in our seats another passenger told us that we were in their seats and with the aisle being so small it made it uncomfortable for everyone while the flight attendants attempted to sort it out. That said, if there was a very good deal to come along again I probably would take it.
MaryannF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 01:10 PM   #12
dmbcanada
Mouseketeer
 
dmbcanada's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Ontario, Canada
Posts: 118

Had planned to fly CanJet in September 2005 for Disney trip via Hamilton,ON but they pulled out of Hamilton, so had to fly AirTransat via wonderful Toronto!
__________________
dmbcanada is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:19 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.