Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-19-2013, 03:19 PM   #1
justin1
Earning My Ears

Castaway Cay Excursions

I was wondering if anyone could tell me some good excursions on Castaway Cay. We will be going on our 4th Disney Cruise in June and we have done Bicycling every time. Also i was wondering how old you have to be to rent jet ski's (if you can at all). Thank you
justin1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 03:26 PM   #2
su_A_ve
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by justin1 View Post
I was wondering if anyone could tell me some good excursions on Castaway Cay. We will be going on our 4th Disney Cruise in June and we have done Bicycling every time. Also i was wondering how old you have to be to rent jet ski's (if you can at all). Thank you
Jet ski is an excursion. You need to be 18 to drive them, but 12 (or 14) as a passenger.

Hour long. 15' instruction time, 15' single line ride following the leader out to open waters and to the other side of the island, 15' 'green lecture' about the island, 15' single line ride back.

Of course there's times that some of the group would stay behind, so you are then allowed to go around a bit in a circle until the other parties catch up.

Still fun and can get a bit rough!
'13 (5n Wonder), '13 (POR Xmas), '13 (3n Magic Post Xmas), '14 (CSR SWW)

°(((=((===°°°(((===========================================
su_A_ve is online now   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-19-2013, 03:28 PM   #3
lovetotraveltx
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by su_A_ve View Post
Jet ski is an excursion. You need to be 18 to drive them, but 12 (or 14) as a passenger.

Hour long. 15' instruction time, 15' single line ride following the leader out to open waters and to the other side of the island, 15' 'green lecture' about the island, 15' single line ride back.

Of course there's times that some of the group would stay behind, so you are then allowed to go around a bit in a circle until the other parties catch up.

Still fun and can get a bit rough!
My older dd and I are going to do the stingray excursion. We've heard good things. We tried last cruise but it was cancelled due to weather.
lovetotraveltx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 04:04 PM   #4
"Cinder" Ella's Mom
DIS Veteran

We booked parasailing, but it is pretty expensive for four of us. Not sure it will be worth it.
"Cinder" Ella's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 04:13 PM   #5
KPetty725
DIS Veteran

DVC Gold Member
Paid DVC Rent/Trade
Gold Membership

Quote:
Originally Posted by justin1 View Post
Have done the jet ski excursion. Was awesome!! While it is very controlled, like a PP said you can only ride in a straight line, you can go as fast as you want on the way back. We went fairly slow on the way out but you can see under the water and it is beautiful. Then they take you to a little island and tell you a bit about the area. My mom LOVED that part because she's a biology teacher. Then, on the way back, they pretty much let you go however fast you want. I was on full speed some of the time but I wasn't strong enough to keep it up the whole ride (was FLYING over the waves and it took a lot of strength to remain seated!). Definitely recommend it if your kids are old enough!

KPetty725 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 05:09 PM   #6
sunryzez
Mouseketeer

Loved the jet skiing, highly recommend it!!!

sunryzez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 05:38 PM   #7
noahdove
DIS Veteran

If excursions are cancelled, does the money get put back on your credit card? Thank you
Old 04-19-2013, 08:22 PM   #8
love280mickey
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by noahdove View Post
If excursions are cancelled, does the money get put back on your credit card? Thank you
Yes
Old 04-19-2013, 08:25 PM   #9
justin1
Earning My Ears

Sounds like fun...very disappointing though because DS will only be 16 when we cruise in June.
justin1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 08:25 PM   #10
love280mickey
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by love280mickey View Post

Yes
Editing to say it never really makes it to your cc to begin with. You will see it in your stateroom bill as a charge then as a credit.
Old 04-19-2013, 08:26 PM   #11
CT Mom of 3
Mouseketeer

We parasailed on CC last week and it was so fun!!
My 10 year old has been dying to rent one of those water trike things you always see in the DCL commercials so we did - BAD MOVE! It's hard! It's totally a workout - not fun for this mom at all!!

We did stingrays a couple years ago - it was okay - very controlled.

My kids like to rent tubes and just hang out!

CT Mom of 3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 09:40 PM   #12
canadiandisneycruise
Mouseketeer

We've done the sting rays, parasailing, & renting one if those water trikes. Everyone ages 8-42 loved the parasailing! It was fabulous. The boat drivers were amazing, dipping you in if you wish. My dh was hesitant, but said it was worth it. It is expensive, but great to do as a family. Loved the sting rays too! Make sure to snorkel after- that's the best part!!! The water bike was ok. It was a real workout for DH - kids legs had trouble reaching!

We've also just enjoyed a beach day where the kids played on the water slides. Love CC!!!
canadiandisneycruise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 04:29 PM   #13
disneyluvrtink
Mouseketeer

I was there on Tuesday and we did the stingray encounter and it was so much fun!! I totally recommend it!

Emmy
disneyluvrtink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2014, 09:15 AM   #14
loveysbydesign
I can pinch a penny so hard you can hear it scream for miles!

Bumping to see if anyone can comment on any of the excursions? We are a family of 5, kids ages 15, 12 and 7 when we cruise. Did the stingrays on our 1st cruise and just relaxed on the island for our 2nd....ds is interested in maybe doing the teen adventure. I was thinking if he did that then maybe doing the Seahorse Catamaran snorkeling for the rest of us. Thoughts?

If we don't do a catamaran type thing on CC maybe we'd do one in St. Thomas or St. Martin.
We're cruising in Nov. so I'm hoping the weather will be good there.

May 2006-1st family trip to WDW! Loved Windsor Hills! Total cost including airfare, condo. rental at WH, park tix and rental car =$1800
Nov. 13-22 2007-2nd trip to WDW with Baby Hartley #3-it's a boy!!! Total cost including airfare, condo. rental at WH, park tix and rental car =$2200
May 2009- 3 nights in a 2 bedroom at SSR and then our 1st Disney cruise on the Magic! Total cost for 2 Cat. 12's -upgraded to Cat. 10's=$2900

June 11-20 2010- Our super cheap, surprising the kids, 1st time driving, celebrating Ryan's 3rd birthday trip! Total cost=$950
Nov.12-22, 2010 Took our in-laws along for their 1st trip ever! Stayed at Indian Creek and had a blast!
Oct.10-15, 2011 Crazy Columbus Crowds(did YES program) & cruised on the Dream Oct. 16-20
Oct. 19-29, 2012 Our trip re-do w/the in-laws, swam w/ the manatees & drove home through Sandy!
June 21-30, 2013 Celebrating our 17th anniversary!
loveysbydesign is online now   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: