Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-20-2013, 10:16 AM   #46
gert
Mouseketeer

Spin Pins: I've seen them available at target,cvs, etc. should be easy to find.

When my hair was longer, I had to use 4, but now that its just past shoulder length I can get away with 2. I actually put them in while my hair is still damp but not dripping after I wash it. They don't stay in otherwise - my hair is thick and contrary. By the end of the day, my spin pin bun will be a little loose as my hair dries, but then it just takes on that "messy bun" look.

I love them. They work just as well in my daughter's fine hair, provided I put them in while her hair is damp also. I've never tried to put them into her hair when it's dry.
gert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 11:05 AM   #47
suzimar57
when i do put some makeup on, he's stunned!
loose screw i find in his work pants
It's cheesy, in a fun sort of way!

for me (shoulder length hair) i just pull it up in a hairband and "foof" it until i look non-scary....
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-20-2013, 11:43 AM   #48
scrappymel
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 100acrewoodsfan View Post
I gave up on straightening my hair a few trips ago. I just use a little curling moose, put it up halfway and let it do what it wants.
This!! Mine is OUT OF CONTROL at wdw. Never try to straighten it there.
*10/6-14/12 - AoA
*10/5-13/13 - CBR

scrappymel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 12:25 PM   #49
paintnolish
You'd think a sniff in the general vicinity would be sufficient
I mean, how much more can a dead guy do?!?
I'm meh about "meh."

I have long, thick, curly hair. Since we go in summer, I spray gel it and twist it up with a claw clip. I then add a stretchy, black, no-slip headband. It's all about function in summer!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....7#post34722197
DH Me DS (13) DD (12) Baby DS (1)
paintnolish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 01:29 PM   #50
Sweets156
Mouseketeer

Wella shampoo and conditioner is awesome! I've only tried the one in the orange bottles, but it eliminates the bit of frizz I have. Paul Mitchell Super Skinny Serum is also great for frizz and heat
Sweets156 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 05:26 PM   #51
winnieatepooh
Mouseketeer

I'm crazy about straightening my hair - unfortunately my hair absolutely loathes humidity. It is immediately frizzy and wet looking, greasy even. And it sticks to my face and neck and it's just a mess. I tried every morning last Sept. but pretty much every day I ended up throwing it up in a pony tail and pinning back my bangs because I just felt so gross. The only things that made it any better was my aveda smooth straightening serum and then during our breaks in the middle of the day I'd put in some LUSH dry shampoo to de-grease it a little bit. I did manage to get my hair to look OK some days, but I wish I hadn't even bothered and just put it up Also I'm glad I finally remembered to put a little sunscreen on my middle part that was exposed to the sun - I usually burn that part of my scalp but not this trip Hoping my hair will be long enough this next trip to make it curly - My curls love the humidity! (Phew, sorry for this novel!)

2013 - POP
2012 - CSR
2011 - Off Site
2005 - Off Site
1998 - Off Site
winnieatepooh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 06:52 PM   #52
pinkvol7
Mouseketeer

I also have super curly hair. I'm growing it out just for Disney in June. I'll wear a pony with a visor. That way I can take it on and off easy and the visor will keep the little curls out of my face. If I tried to wear it down, I'd have an Afro before the end of the day!! I live in south east TN so my hair knows humidity. Ball hats are my best friend!!!
pinkvol7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 07:45 PM   #53
BringingUpDisney
DIS Veteran

Braids with a sunhat by day, crazy curls by night!

me miss J my little princess (2)
BringingUpDisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 08:10 PM   #54
tarheelmjfan
Proud Redhead
Does anyone have any more secrets to add?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elleshoodat View Post
This is my hair, too. I'm a wash-and-go gal. Usually by the time I get where I'm going, my hair is dry enough to pull into a ponytail and that's where it stays.

This is exactly what I do. My hair is long & very straight. I had enough of ball caps in my softball days. To me, they're much hotter than a ponytail. I do have very fair skin, but sunblock is an easy & much cooler way to prevent burning. We always go back to the room to shower & dress for dinner, so I can look more presentable for part of the day.
(")_(")

tarheelmjfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 08:42 PM   #55
pixieMandy
Mouseketeer

I have long, thick curly hair. We have a water purifier at home and I honestly think my hair is nicer at Disney (must be Disney magic ! I do like ponytails at Disney b/c of the heat and all the rides. I usually wash my hair at night in the shower at Disney, blow dry the roots with a diffuser, then sleep with a satin pillowcase on my pillow I bring from home. In the morning I ponytail, but my hair is NEVER frizzy like it can get at home, and my curls actually look nice. My current products are Loreal EverCurl shampoo and conditioner (sulfate free), Shea Moisture leave-in conditioner, Loreal EverCurl cream gel, and Suave Professionals Curl Mousse. All the products are extremely light weight and don't weigh the hair down at all.
pixieMandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 08:45 PM   #56
Three cats
DIS Veteran

Pony tail, every day, without a doubt.
Three cats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 08:46 PM   #57
pixieMandy
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyTwoPrincesses View Post
Awesome thread! I'm a curly-head too. If you're familiar with naturallycurly.com, my hair is a combination of 3B and 3C. It's fine, tends towards dry, and a big pain in the rear.

I wear a ponytail a lot. My Disney look will be a ponytail. Sexy.

Products:

Shampoo: I like the Ouidad Moisture Lock Shampoo.

Conditioner: I've been shopping around lately, but my current favorite is the Herbal Essences Hello Hydration. It's cheap and leaves my hair smooth. Because of Frizz Issues, I decided to try the Ouidad Climate Control Conditioner. It's fine. I got it on sale. But I don't plan to repurchase once I run out.

Leave-in Conditioner: Ouidad Moisture Lock. It's hydrating and doesn't weigh my curls down.

Gel: The best gel for me is LA Looks Sports Gel. It's ridiculously cheap - like $5 for a huge bottle. First I smooth some gel onto my hair. Then I comb my hair with a wide tooth comb and put it in a ponytail. Then I apply more gel into the ponytail in sections and finger comb it. The gel really helps with frizz. It's the best gel I've found - and I've tried a lot of gels - for my hair. It can get crunchy but if it feels a bit stiff after it dries, I just twist my ponytail to break up the crunchiness.

That's it! If I find myself getting frizzy during the day, I wet my hands and glide it down the ponytail and twist it. If I have a bit of conditioner, I add that and that generally helps.
Have you tried the Loreal EverCurl line? That stuff is amazing! I have really thick hair and always had so much trouble getting tangles and knots out in the shower. The Loreal stuff works so well, my hands glide right through it! Their cream gel is amazing too, never stiff but keeps the frizz off and curls look great. I use the Shea Moisture leave-in (found in the ethnic/multicultural section at Target) and it works so well.
pixieMandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 09:21 PM   #58
mistysue
DIS Veteran

If I wear a ponytail in Florida humidity I end up with a 2-3" ring of frizz floating around my head regardless of how long my hair is at the time.
I need to go with at least 2 ponytails, braids or just looking like some strange frizzy beast.

I like vacations.
mistysue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 10:29 PM   #59
Tdubswife
Mouseketeer

I have long thick hair and if will be put into a messy high bun during our trip! It's easy and fast!
Old 04-20-2013, 11:43 PM   #60
KimmyAnne
Earning My Ears

I love the John Frieda Full Repair FlyAway Tamer for all the little frizzy baby hairs that tend to pop up in all that heat and humidity. It's like a clear mascara, but doesn't make your hair hard, sticky or gooey where you use. I use it almost every day of my life and can't imagine not having one in my bag at all times now

This is the product by the way:
http://www.johnfrieda.com/en-US/Prod...-Flyaway-Tamer

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: