Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-19-2013, 03:13 PM   #31
Deb & Bill
DVC-Trivia Contest, Apr-2006: Honorable Mention

Pony tail hanging out of a ball cap or just stuffed under the ball cap so it doesn't hang down and get sweaty on my neck and drive me crazy.

Stop the madness. No more DVC construction.
Bring back Vacation Magic. Dump Disney Files!
Stopped drinking the Kool-aid long ago.
Deb & Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 03:31 PM   #32
Elleshoodat
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meech Loves Mickey View Post
What is a Spin Pin? How does it hold your hair? In a twist or bun? I have very fine hair (but a lot of it) so things like usually just fall out of my hair. I rely on Goody no metal elastics.
This is my hair, too. I'm a wash-and-go gal. Usually by the time I get where I'm going, my hair is dry enough to pull into a ponytail and that's where it stays.

Thanksgiving 1988, Offsite * June 1991, Beach Club * Easter 1995, Dixie Landings * June 1999, All-Star Movies * Easter 2005, Offsite * September 2007, Caribbean Beach * October 2008, Lake Buena Vista Best Western * May 2009, Port Orleans Riverside * October 2009, Port Orleans Riverside * April 2010, Port Orleans French Quarter * May 2012, Port Orleans French Quarter (Read our trip report here!) * October 2013, Wilderness Lodge
Elleshoodat is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-19-2013, 05:17 PM   #33
bocaj1431
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MHSweb79 View Post
Ponytail through a baseball cap.

Every day.
Ditto.
Old 04-19-2013, 05:18 PM   #34
DISNEYDORK1976
Earning My Ears

If you look up Lilith Moon on Youtube she gives you a lot of cute and easy ways to wear you hair up/braided.
DISNEYDORK1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 05:28 PM   #35
twinz
I agree with the getting my fix of MIB!
Loves showing Disney's little touches
Donnie Wahlberg is my boy!

Both of us have wavy/curly long hair and its amazing (not in a good way) to what the humidity does to our hair. Most of the times I leave it down but bring an elastic to throw it up in if it bugs me too much. I wouldn't waste your time straightening it because 10 minutes in the humidity and poof back to curly.
Also try frizzoff.com it has AMAZING not weigh your head down products (Curl Keeper) specifically designed for curly hair. Have a look...thankfully I live close enough to visit the salon. The products are a bit pricey but last a long time and so worth the money. And with a quick look they ship to the US and for sure ship to Canada.

Last edited by twinz; 04-19-2013 at 07:01 PM.
twinz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 08:25 PM   #36
Indy Denise
Mouseketeer

Pony tail or braid through a Colts ballcap!
Old 04-19-2013, 09:38 PM   #37
MyTwoPrincesses
DIS Veteran

Awesome thread! I'm a curly-head too. If you're familiar with naturallycurly.com, my hair is a combination of 3B and 3C. It's fine, tends towards dry, and a big pain in the rear.

I wear a ponytail a lot. My Disney look will be a ponytail. Sexy.

Products:

Shampoo: I like the Ouidad Moisture Lock Shampoo.

Conditioner: I've been shopping around lately, but my current favorite is the Herbal Essences Hello Hydration. It's cheap and leaves my hair smooth. Because of Frizz Issues, I decided to try the Ouidad Climate Control Conditioner. It's fine. I got it on sale. But I don't plan to repurchase once I run out.

Leave-in Conditioner: Ouidad Moisture Lock. It's hydrating and doesn't weigh my curls down.

Gel: The best gel for me is LA Looks Sports Gel. It's ridiculously cheap - like $5 for a huge bottle. First I smooth some gel onto my hair. Then I comb my hair with a wide tooth comb and put it in a ponytail. Then I apply more gel into the ponytail in sections and finger comb it. The gel really helps with frizz. It's the best gel I've found - and I've tried a lot of gels - for my hair. It can get crunchy but if it feels a bit stiff after it dries, I just twist my ponytail to break up the crunchiness.

That's it! If I find myself getting frizzy during the day, I wet my hands and glide it down the ponytail and twist it. If I have a bit of conditioner, I add that and that generally helps.

Now a Mom of THREE Princesses.
DD (8) , DD (6) DD (3)

1989: Offsite
Nov 2009: 7 days at Coronado Springs
March 2011: 8 days at POFQ
May 2013: 7 days at Art of Animation (Lion King Suites)
Can't stay away! Heading back to WDW in February 2014: 6 days at Port Orleans Riverside
MyTwoPrincesses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 09:38 PM   #38
fadingjamie
Up next... Mother/Daughter Trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DISNEYDORK1976 View Post
If you look up Lilith Moon on Youtube she gives you a lot of cute and easy ways to wear you hair up/braided.
Thanks for the recommendation! I love LetsMakeitUp1 for hair ideas too.

June 2001 Off Site (Grad Night), March 2009 POP, June 2010 Give a Day, Get a Day program (NCL cruise day trip), May 2011 POFQ (we got engaged!), July 2013 Poly/POR (our honeymoon!), Upcoming: August 2014 POFQ (mother/daughter trip)

fadingjamie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 09:56 PM   #39
LoveDals
Earning My Ears

Sabino Lok & Block

I have thick curly hair and I use Sabino Lok & Block. It is fantastic and REALLY works. It is not cheap, but a little goes a long way. Humidity will no longer effect your hairstyle and it keeps your hair soft and easy to manage. I have used it for over 5 years and have tried every product on the market. This stuff can not be beat.
Old 04-20-2013, 07:55 AM   #40
Poohrulz
Rumbly in my tumbly

I wear mine up in a messy bun. I straighten the front of my hair, but other than that, it's up and out of the way, and cute for pictures.

Past trips to WDW: 1974, 1984, April 2007, June 2010, June 2011, and May 2013 (SoG), next trip May 2014!
Poohrulz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 08:04 AM   #41
JamiLeigh
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by afnaechiquita View Post
I usually go through the trouble of straightening it, then put it up once I'm tired of it. I just prefer the way it looks up when it's been straightened versus natural.
Yup, me too. In plan on showering and straightening the night before and ponytail the next day.

You can try and fix your hair but humidity is going to get the best of it.
JamiLeigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 08:06 AM   #42
ZebraDomeCrazy
Well behaved women rarely make history

Quote:
Originally Posted by linzbear View Post
My usual schedule is to wear a ponytail in the morning, come back for lunch/nap/pool, and shower. Then style my hair for the evening when it's not as humid or hot.
Me Too!! Between the humidity and the roller coasters whipping it around, my hair doesn't stand a chance during the day. Evening is a little better - John Frieda Brilliant Brunette Serum works for me.

Jane

CBR - 1X, All Stars - 4X, AKL - 9X, POR - 3X, FQ - 1X
BWI - 1X, Poly - 1X, CSR - 2X WL - 1X, Kidani - 5X

ZebraDomeCrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 08:08 AM   #43
kayemgi
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stinkerbell's Mommy View Post
I have longer, curly-ish hair. It's rather thin but I have LOTS of it. Living in a dry climate I don't have to worry alot about what humidity does to it and I am currently alternating between straightening it and wearing it curly.

How are you ladies keeping your hair under control in the parks? I'm loathe to just throw it in a pony tail every day but I think that may be the only option. Lots of product tends to just weigh my hair down and the level of humidity will make it next to impossible to straighten the mess that lives on my head out.
My hair sounds very similar to yours. Very curly, but thin. It's easy for me to straighten mine because it is thin, so for theme park trips I usually straighten it and then throw it up in a pony (no part so my scalp doesn't burn). If I know we are going to do water rides, I will do a single braid or pigtail braids so it doesn't poof up after getting wet! I don't like to wear hats in the parks because you usually have to take them off for rides, and I find it annoying to have to keep taking it on and off. Plus it limits my peripheral vision, which at Disney I hate to do because there is so much to see! But that's personal preference.
kayemgi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 08:11 AM   #44
Dixiemom
DIS Veteran

I don't have this problem, but I have a friend who does. She braids her hair and sometimes makes a bun out of the braid.......

Lynn, mom of 2

DS 14, DD 9
Dixiemom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 10:02 AM   #45
larryz
Looking for the perfect vacation

...and don't forget the wide-brimmed hat option if you can't get your hair to cooperate...

larryz is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: