Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-20-2013, 02:29 PM   #61
Centex
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChloroFiend View Post
I don't recall hooks like that on the Magic, so I'm guessing the Wonder wouldn't have them either. Nice field-expedient solution though!
I just checked some pictures of a Wonder 4A stateroom and they show a single coat hook next to the mirror.

Edit: Other stateroom pics show the single coat hook, too.

Last edited by Centex; 04-20-2013 at 02:35 PM.
Centex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 03:01 PM   #62
jjgarv
Gotta get away to where the boat leaves from...

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyMom70 View Post
On the Fantasy, we attached ours to the wall hooks (we had accidentally left the over door hooks at WDW) as a make do. The zip ties were loose loops, so it was easy to remove.

Hoping this would be okay, but not sure if the Wonder has these on the wall.
We were on the Fantasy in a verandah room (5150) last October, and I honestly can't remember having three of these hooks in a row on the wall...hmmm. Maybe someone else can chime in if their Fantasy stateroom has these three hooks together on the wall. Sure would solve the whole problem!
Honeymoon 4/00 4 Day Magic and Wilderness Lodge; 3/02 7 Day Eastern Magic; 11/02 Beach Club Villas; 11/04 7 day Western Magic; 10/05 4 Day Wonder and 3 Day at Saratoga Springs; 9/06 7 Day Twice the Magic--2x Castaway Cay; 11/07 7 Day Eastern Magic; 9/08 7 Western Double Dip--2x Castaway Cay; 5/09 Villas at AKL; 10/09 7 Day Eastern Magic to St Croix; 4/10 7 Day Caribbean Princess for 10th Anniversary; 10/10 7 Day Western Magic; 10/11 7 Days B2B on the Dream; 10/12 7 Day Eastern Fantasy; 3/12 DVC Villas at Aulani; 10/13 7 Day Western Fantasy; 10/14 7 Day Western Fantasy to Jamaica
jjgarv is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-20-2013, 03:02 PM   #63
Susiesark
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by neg58 View Post
You could sew your own in a 'sandwich board' style with one side that hangs into the bathroom and one side outside. Just put cloth straps, long ones, on the part that will go over the door. Cloth won't scratch.

Nancy
I like your thinking! I don't trust the magnets.
Old 04-20-2013, 03:04 PM   #64
Susiesark
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Centex View Post
I just checked some pictures of a Wonder 4A stateroom and they show a single coat hook next to the mirror.

Edit: Other stateroom pics show the single coat hook, too.
Even if there is 1 hook, you could still make due with some type of a long lace or thin rope of some sort.
Old 04-20-2013, 04:17 PM   #65
Centex
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susiesark View Post
Even if there is 1 hook, you could still make due with some type of a long lace or thin rope of some sort.
I was thinking of rigging a coat hanger, but I like your idea better. Thanks.
Old 04-20-2013, 04:24 PM   #66
Centex
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjgarv View Post
We were on the Fantasy in a verandah room (5150) last October, and I honestly can't remember having three of these hooks in a row on the wall...hmmm. Maybe someone else can chime in if their Fantasy stateroom has these three hooks together on the wall. Sure would solve the whole problem!
Just checked a site that has stateroom pictures. On the Fantasy, looks like Family Veranda has three and smaller rooms have two.
Old 04-20-2013, 05:38 PM   #67
DeniseMarie526
Whenever you pack your bags, never forget the pixie dust!

The only problem that I see with the sandwich board approach is weight distribution.
Old 04-20-2013, 05:54 PM   #68
whitfive
Mouseketeer

I don't know if this has been mentioned but I also love to utilize the over the door organizer and am sad to hear of this. However, I think I have a solution. My organizer has 4 removable hooks, once the hooks are removed it leaves a reinforced hole. I am going to get 2 or 3 of those Super heavy duty magnetic wreath hooks and use that! They are about 2.5 inches in diameter each and 3 should hold whatever I put in the pouches!

Too bad I'll have to wait til my Oct Dream cruise to try it out!

If anyone goes before me let me know if this works!

ME DH DS 18 DD17 DS 13

WDW:May 2000,Feb 2002,Nov 2003,Dec 2005, Jan 2007,Nov 2007,Feb 2009,Dec 2010,Nov 2011, Sept 2012,May 2013, Dec 2013, March 2014, Sept 2014
DCL: April 2010-Wonder 4 nt. Bahama June 2012-Fantasy 7 nt. Eastern Feb 9 2013-Magic 6 nt.Western Oct 27 2013-Dream 4 nt Bahama Jan. 2, 2014-Dream 3 nt. Bahama March 7, 2014-Magic 3 nt Bahama June 7, 2014-Fantasy 7 nt. Western Oct 1 2014-Wonder 5 nt Double Dip Jun 20, 2015-Fantasy Eastern Caribbean
Carnival: Aug 2011-Facination 4 night Bahama
whitfive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 07:36 PM   #69
mdurette
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by disprincess4ever View Post
Any other ideas on how to hang these now??!! Maybe instead of having metal hooks, do they have ones with plastic?

We just got off the Fantasy. On the wall, in between the shower room and the bed they had 2 "studs" for lack of a better word. Meant to be used to hang stuff. (my DH heavy tux rental was hung there). So, if you have the kind that has a hook on the top like a clothes hanger - this spot will work just fine.

I also noticed stickers and tape used on some doors for decorations - never noticed that before - as mentioned this has been a no no for quite some time.
mdurette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 11:38 PM   #70
TimonPumba
Earning My Ears

How about using a pants hanger across the top? I tried it today at home with mine and it worked great! A dollar at IKEA for a hanger:

http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/80078938/
TimonPumba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 12:00 AM   #71
Silly Little Pixie
My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.
You work yourself up more than it really is, and when it's over you think, huh

I have always used these:

I got them at the teacher store, but they are available on Amazon. $6.67 for two. We hang them on the inside of the bathroom door. My "organizer" is one of those from Target that was $1 years ago, and came on a hanger. The hanger long since broke but the magnets work fine.
DCL Wonder 11/08, B2B 11/10, 3/11, Christmas 2011, 6/13
Magic 11/09, 3/10 Fantasy NYE 12/13
Dream B2B Triple Dip! 3/12

Silly Little Pixie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 01:13 AM   #72
Princess Melody
Mouseketeer

We just returned from a Fantasy cruise & our family stateroom had 3 hooks in a row on the wall. They were constantly in use in our room but mostly to hang swimsuits or other clothes. We had 6 shelves in the shower/sink bathroom area plus space under the sink and then there are a few shelves in the shower that you can't see unless you are actually in the shower. So much storage space we didn't use half of it. We are only a family of 3 but there is no way we would've needed a storage hanger!
Princess Melody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 07:54 AM   #73
jecskc
DIS Veteran

No more Fish Extenders on DCL ???

Hey Y'all,

I was reading the following letter from DCL to crusiers.

I understand the magnet part, butdoes this mean that they won't allow us to do the Fish Extender any more ??

(see below)

4/19/13: The following letter is from Disney Cruise Line and will be placed in guests' staterooms in the next couple of weeks:

Dear Guests,

We are glad that you have joined us aboard the Disney (Choose Ship)!

As you may be aware, it is important to us to keep our facilities looking their best for all our guests. As part of our commitment to this area of focus, we ask that you do not affix anything to your stateroom door utilizing tape or any adhesive, including removable gel adhesives. We have found that these adhesives damage the finish on our stateroom doors; therefore we ask that you limit door decoration to those of the magnetic variety.

Concurrently, we ask that guests not use over-the-door hanging organizers as they have been found to scratch and/or disfigure stateroom doors and trim.

Guests found with damaged doors are assessed a $100 damage fee per incident to cover the cost of repairs.

Your attention to this matter will greatly assist us in keeping our shipboard environment looking ship-shape. Should you have any questions, please feel free to contact Guest Services, Deck 3 Mid-ship.

If interested, magnetic door decorations are available for purchase in our merchandise area. For your convenience, magnetic strips are also available at Guest Services.

We appreciate your cooperation and hope you have an enjoyable sailing.

Sincerely,
jecskc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 07:55 AM   #74
disneychic
DIS Veteran

I believe they are referring to the over the door shoe organizers that some people use inside the cabins over the bathroom door to store toiletries, etc.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
disneychic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 08:00 AM   #75
islandtimect
DIS Veteran

Where dud u see this? We sail the Dream today and are doing a FE group. Hope we can do it since we spent all that time and money!
islandtimect is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: