Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-19-2013, 03:05 PM   #31
GladysP
Earning My Ears

Thank you, TDC Nala. I am totally going to look for an organizer that I can hang in the closet. I don't want to break any rules and the idea of possibly ruining anything in my stateroom is definitely a no-no.

Thank goodness that it's only my husband and myself cruising and Disney provides plenty of drawer/hidden storage space. So I know that an inside closet one should do just fine.

I've had my over the door hanging organizer for years and never go on vacation without it. But, I am totally cool with bringing an over the closet rod one instead.
GladysP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 03:07 PM   #32
SnipsNSnails
DIS Veteran

I think they are equally as worried, if not more so, about the doorjamb above the door with the hangers as they rub that.

7/1996 - CBR, 12/1998 - BC, 12/2008 - Pop DDP, 9/2011 - CBR DDP, 2/2013 - DCL Magic, 6/2013 - DL BWPPI
4 Generations Do WDW - Sept 2011 Trip Report
SnipsNSnails is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-19-2013, 03:19 PM   #33
2BusyPlanning
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnipsNSnails View Post
I think they are equally as worried, if not more so, about the doorjamb above the door with the hangers as they rub that.
I was thinking more this, than scratches. Or that they are bending a door trip at the top.

Next Trip:
September 20, 2014
DCL - Fantasy, Eastern Caribbean - AGAIN!

1st DCL cruise: Fantasy, Eastern Caribbean, September 21-28, 2013 - My Blog
2BusyPlanning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 03:23 PM   #34
OrangeCountyCommuter
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by GladysP View Post
The over the door hanger part of this is stressing me out big time. I am unfortunately a neat freak and am sure that I have OCD tendencies. I absolutely cannot stand for anything to be out of place in my surroundings ie anything on the counters, desk, in the bathroom, on the floor... you get my drift. I have a question, would it be ok for me to hang my over the door organizer if I placed a piece of cotton cloth under each hook (there are 3)? That way I would not run the risk of any damage to my beautiful stateroom and I wouldn't spazz out about anything being on the surfaces that isn't meant to be there.
No one on here can really respond to your question, but...

My gut feeling is probably not. The stateroom hosts are not going to be told "well if person X does Y then the rule doesn't apply" it's going to be a one size fits all enforcement.
OrangeCountyCommuter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 03:49 PM   #35
darkwing818
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcd2745 View Post
This is absolutely ridiculous. I can understand not wanting tape on the doors, but worrying about a little scratch on the top of a door is silly. I assume they will have some kind of acceptible replacement that they will selling in their shops at exorbitant prices.
Not so sure a little scratch on the door is silly. Especiallly over time, you could end up with a whole bunch of little scratches on the door. But hey, it's their door, their ship & their rules.
darkwing818 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 04:00 PM   #36
neg58
DIS Veteran

You could sew your own in a 'sandwich board' style with one side that hangs into the bathroom and one side outside. Just put cloth straps, long ones, on the part that will go over the door. Cloth won't scratch.

Or take two of the kind you like and attach doubled duct tape over the part that goes over the door (keep it thin) and you'll get double the storage, inside the bathroom for toothbrushes, lotions, etc, and outside the bathroom for KTTW cards, pens, things from your pockets. You just have to keep the weight the same on both sides.

Nancy
neg58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 04:14 PM   #37
StitchesGr8Fan
DIS Veteran

Quote:

I know the products you're talking about. Howeverm, they probably makes the hook too thick to allow the door to close properly.
Also, others that walk by can't see the felt on the inside, all they will see is the hooks. So they might think "stateroom x has one, I can too" not realizing you used the felt. I think Disney will ask for ALL of them to be taken down for this reason.
Old 04-19-2013, 04:17 PM   #38
iloverags2
DIS Veteran

On DCL we have never had to use an organizer in the bathroom because there has always been plenty of space. But on Princess we did need an organizer (note: SUPER SMALL showers). I purchased one from a dollar store that had more of a hanger on top rather than two hooks. It turned out working perfectly as we hung it from the hook on the inside of the bathroom door. I've never noticed if DCL bathroom doors have these hooks, but if they do this would be a solution!

iloverags2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 04:22 PM   #39
Scillycruisers
Mouseketeer

Ours had 3 hooks at top so just used the middle one and hung from hook on wall on Magic and bathroom door handle on Fantasy
Old 04-19-2013, 04:40 PM   #40
zacaronius
Earning My Ears

We have never needed one of these organizers, but dont have kids. I could really see how it would be really useful with more kids. I was thinking you could get one that hangs in the garage, or if you really wanted it on the door, maybe you could use something like this:
http://www.harborfreight.com/dual-cu...ter-46134.html
Old 04-19-2013, 06:11 PM   #41
MAD4EEYORE
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by iloverags2
On DCL we have never had to use an organizer in the bathroom because there has always been plenty of space. But on Princess we did need an organizer (note: SUPER SMALL showers). I purchased one from a dollar store that had more of a hanger on top rather than two hooks. It turned out working perfectly as we hung it from the hook on the inside of the bathroom door. I've never noticed if DCL bathroom doors have these hooks, but if they do this would be a solution!
I have a similar one as well and we hang it from the rod in the shower. We also have a toiletry organizer similar to those from Vera Bradley that has a hook on the top. We usually hang that from the hooks on the back of the bathroom door.

Hope we will continue to be able to use those.
MAD4EEYORE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 06:25 PM   #42
jilljill
Collects Disney men!
I had to go and write a novel didn't I?!
Come on over and join our thread

Location: 13-14½ hours drive from WDW - depending on who is driving (lol) OR 5 minutes!

The door organizer would still scratch the door when it's opened and closed even if you hang it with magnets or some kind of cloth strips to hang it over the door. It's not about just the top of the door jamb getting scratched, it's about the entire door getting scratched and having to be repainted.

As I said in an earlier post, just hang it in the closet on a hanger.
Old 04-19-2013, 06:36 PM   #43
EPCOTatNight
I am the Polynesian Parking guy and the Original DISard of Oz.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jilljill View Post
The door organizer would still scratch the door when it's opened and closed even if you hang it with magnets or some kind of cloth strips to hang it over the door. It's not about just the top of the door jamb getting scratched, it's about the entire door getting scratched and having to be repainted.

As I said in an earlier post, just hang it in the closet on a hanger.
How would it be scratched with a magnet? By putting a magnetic strip on the top and the bottom of it, movement wouldn't be an issue. Also, if it was about the whole door, the instructions would be "Nothing on the door" at all.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
(8/2006 ASMo) (8/2007 Pop) (5/2009 3 night Wonder) (12/2009 ASM/Pop) (1/2011 Pop) (1/2012 CSR/WL) (1/2013 ASMo/4 night Dream) (5/2013 6 night Magic*Galveston*) (12/2013 7 night Fantasy) (3/2014 SSR) (8/2014 BLT/AKV) (1/2015 7 night Magic)

EPCOTatNight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 06:47 PM   #44
jilljill
Collects Disney men!
I had to go and write a novel didn't I?!
Come on over and join our thread

Location: 13-14½ hours drive from WDW - depending on who is driving (lol) OR 5 minutes!

Quote:
Originally Posted by EPCOTatNight View Post
How would it be scratched with a magnet? By putting a magnetic strip on the top and the bottom of it, movement wouldn't be an issue. Also, if it was about the whole door, the instructions would be "Nothing on the door" at all.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
Some people may not think to put magnets on the top and bottom of the organizer. Also, someone else mentioned sewing strips of fabric to 2 organizers and hanging that over the door, by doing that the organizer would sway and could scratch the door when it's opened and closed which is why I mentioned that in my post.

Rather than DCL saying you can hang one with magnets at the top and bottom so it doesn't sway when the door is opened and closed, it's easier for them to say no hanging organizers on the doors.
Old 04-19-2013, 06:56 PM   #45
Heyriddle
Mouseketeer

Quote:

I know the products you're talking about. Howeverm, they probably makes the hook too thick to allow the door to close properly.
I was thinking this exact same thing. If they hinder the door from closing properly, it will probably scratch the door frame.

2005 Disney Magic Mexican Riviera 7-Night
2008 Disney Wonder Bahamas Double Dip 4-Night
2011 Disney Wonder Mexican Riviera 7-Night
2013 Disney Fantasy Eastern Caribbean 7-Night
Heyriddle is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: