Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-19-2013, 12:37 PM   #16
MND
DIS Veteran

MND is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 12:47 PM   #17
GladysP
Earning My Ears

The over the door hanger part of this is stressing me out big time. I am unfortunately a neat freak and am sure that I have OCD tendencies. I absolutely cannot stand for anything to be out of place in my surroundings ie anything on the counters, desk, in the bathroom, on the floor... you get my drift. I have a question, would it be ok for me to hang my over the door organizer if I placed a piece of cotton cloth under each hook (there are 3)? That way I would not run the risk of any damage to my beautiful stateroom and I wouldn't spazz out about anything being on the surfaces that isn't meant to be there.
GladysP is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-19-2013, 12:53 PM   #18
Jessica_of_FL
Mouseketeer

We hung our over the door organizer on the clothes line in the bathtub (we showered in the gym). Worked for us!

A True Disney Girl! This is the year of the Premier Annual Pass!
DLR lover starting in utero. DLR AP from 3 (I remember the big deal it was for me to finally be old enough to get my picture taken for that!) to 9. WDW AP off and on since age 15 (currently a Premier passholder!)
Disney Resorts I've stayed at over the years: Pop Century, All Star Sports, All Star Music, All Star Movies, Port Orleans Riverside, Port Orleans French Quarter, Caribbean Beach, Coronado Springs, Animal Kingdom Lodge, Old Key West, Boardwalk Villas, Beach Club Villas, Hilton Head Island,The Beach Club, Animal Kingdom Villas - Kidani Village The Villas at the Grand Californian

Disney Fantasy Eastern 6/2012, Disney Wonder WBPC 5/2013
Jessica_of_FL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 01:02 PM   #19
2BusyPlanning
DIS Veteran

I found one at Target in the $1 section, but it hangs like a hanger in the closet. I was pretty upset when I first opened it up and found that it wouldn't go over a door. Now I'm more at peace with it and happy that it won't ruin a door after all!

Next Trip:
September 20, 2014
DCL - Fantasy, Eastern Caribbean - AGAIN!
JOIN OUR FACEBOOK GROUP:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1374528876126214/

1st DCL cruise: Fantasy, Eastern Caribbean, September 21-28, 2013 - My Blog
2BusyPlanning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 01:02 PM   #20
Im_A_Princess
PLATINUM - Woo Hoo!

Location: Maryland ~893.52 miles from my FL home in Port Canaveral

My over the door organizer is the one from Dollar stores that has 2 holes on top. I put an old lanyard through the 2 wholes with knots and hang it up on the back of the door. Never any damage.
What kind are they talking about?

As for adhesives and such I saw stickers on the outsides of door on our cruise last summer and thought...UGGGH! Magnets people...

-Chrissy 116 days onboard DCL and counting...)
Im_A_Princess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 01:13 PM   #21
TDC Nala
1937, what a year that was
Diet Coke on Ice or Else
I apparently don't do anything they want to stimulate

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by GladysP View Post
The over the door hanger part of this is stressing me out big time. I am unfortunately a neat freak and am sure that I have OCD tendencies. I absolutely cannot stand for anything to be out of place in my surroundings ie anything on the counters, desk, in the bathroom, on the floor... you get my drift. I have a question, would it be ok for me to hang my over the door organizer if I placed a piece of cotton cloth under each hook (there are 3)? That way I would not run the risk of any damage to my beautiful stateroom and I wouldn't spazz out about anything being on the surfaces that isn't meant to be there.
When they say no over the door organizers, I am sure they mean none, not even with cloth under the hooks. Can you find one that will hang in the closet?
Old 04-19-2013, 01:15 PM   #22
TDC Nala
1937, what a year that was
Diet Coke on Ice or Else
I apparently don't do anything they want to stimulate

DISboards Moderator

This is the kind of thing they mean.

Old 04-19-2013, 01:48 PM   #23
DisneyMom70
Mouseketeer

On the Fantasy, we attached ours to the wall hooks (we had accidentally left the over door hooks at WDW) as a make do. The zip ties were loose loops, so it was easy to remove.

Hoping this would be okay, but not sure if the Wonder has these on the wall.

Disneyland AP***DCL Fantasy - June 30-July 6, 2012***WDW - June 21-June 30, 2012
DisneyMom70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 01:55 PM   #24
ChloroFiend
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyMom70 View Post
On the Fantasy, we attached ours to the wall hooks (we had accidentally left the over door hooks at WDW) as a make do. The zip ties were loose loops, so it was easy to remove.

Hoping this would be okay, but not sure if the Wonder has these on the wall.
I don't recall hooks like that on the Magic, so I'm guessing the Wonder wouldn't have them either. Nice field-expedient solution though!
ChloroFiend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 02:08 PM   #25
lilpooh108
DIS Veteran

We never use the couch so I guess I can zip tie the shoe hanger to the railing of the top bunk. Do you think that would work?

I'm so annoyed b/c I bought a "nice" one and I agonized over whether to even get one since this is not something I'd use at home, and it's taking up way too much luggage space right now
lilpooh108 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 02:42 PM   #26
jxd
Mouseketeer

You can buy self-adhesive felt circles/strips in craft stores and home improvement stores. They can then be applied to the underside of the hook that goes over the door. I plan on trying this as I really need the organizer for a family of 4 in 1 cabin!
jxd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 02:49 PM   #27
disprincess4ever
DIS Veteran

Any other ideas on how to hang these now??!! Maybe instead of having metal hooks, do they have ones with plastic?

Disney Fantasy: 7 night Western Caribbean June 2012
Disney Magic: 12 night Mediterranean w/ Venice June 2013, 4 night Bahaman April 2014
disprincess4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 02:57 PM   #28
mcd2745
You're only young once, but you have your whole life to be immature!

This is absolutely ridiculous. I can understand not wanting tape on the doors, but worrying about a little scratch on the top of a door is silly. I assume they will have some kind of acceptible replacement that they will selling in their shops at exorbitant prices.
Old 04-19-2013, 02:58 PM   #29
mcd2745
You're only young once, but you have your whole life to be immature!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jxd View Post
You can buy self-adhesive felt circles/strips in craft stores and home improvement stores. They can then be applied to the underside of the hook that goes over the door. I plan on trying this as I really need the organizer for a family of 4 in 1 cabin!

I know the products you're talking about. Howeverm, they probably makes the hook too thick to allow the door to close properly.
Old 04-19-2013, 03:04 PM   #30
SnipsNSnails
DIS Veteran

We had 5 in our stateroom on the Magic and didn't need one. Each of the 3 adults put our toiletry bag on one of the shelves. The 4th shelf we put sunscreen etc. I bought small clear plastic containers that we put shower stuff in and put them under the sink in that bathroom. We never had things sitting out nor did we feel disorganized. I bought travel sizes before we left rather than hauling full sized toiletries.

7/1996 - CBR, 12/1998 - BC, 12/2008 - Pop DDP, 9/2011 - CBR DDP, 2/2013 - DCL Magic, 6/2013 - DL BWPPI
4 Generations Do WDW - Sept 2011 Trip Report
SnipsNSnails is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: