Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-19-2013, 11:23 AM   #1
WebmasterPete
Grand Administrator
The Big Dipple
Easily confuses bathrooms and attics
I survived Hurricane Frances...send more ice cream!

DISboards Administrator

PLEASE READ - Message from Disney Cruise Line!!

Hi everyone,

We've been asked to share the following letter that DCL will start delivering to guests in the coming weeks.

Thanks,
PEte

Dear Guests,

We are glad that you have joined us aboard the Disney (Choose Ship)!

As you may be aware, it is important to us to keep our facilities looking their best for all our guests. As part of our commitment to this area of focus, we ask that you do not affix anything to your stateroom door utilizing tape or any adhesive, including removable gel adhesives. We have found that these adhesives damage the finish on our stateroom doors; therefore we ask that you limit door decoration to those of the magnetic variety.

Concurrently, we ask that guests not use over-the-door hanging organizers as they have been found to scratch and/or disfigure stateroom doors and trim.

Guests found with damaged doors are assessed a $100 damage fee per incident to cover the cost of repairs.

Your attention to this matter will greatly assist us in keeping our shipboard environment looking ship-shape. Should you have any questions, please feel free to contact Guest Services, Deck 3 Mid-ship.

If interested, magnetic door decorations are available for purchase in our merchandise area. For your convenience, magnetic strips are also available at Guest Services.

We appreciate your cooperation and hope you have an enjoyable sailing.

Sincerely,
Old 04-19-2013, 11:25 AM   #2
jilljill
Collects Disney men!
I had to go and write a novel didn't I?!
Come on over and join our thread

Location: 13-14½ hours drive from WDW - depending on who is driving (lol) OR 5 minutes!

Thanks for posting this Pete!
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-19-2013, 11:25 AM   #3
CrawfordMomof2
Mouseketeer

Thanks for posting that!
CrawfordMomof2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 11:32 AM   #4
ChloroFiend
DIS Veteran

Wow, interesting. That's going to throw a wrench into the works for many people. I know that the over-the-door shoe hanger idea I got from reading here did come in handy.
ChloroFiend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 11:35 AM   #5
jilljill
Collects Disney men!

Location: 13-14½ hours drive from WDW - depending on who is driving (lol) OR 5 minutes!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChloroFiend View Post
Wow, interesting. That's going to throw a wrench into the works for many people. I know that the over-the-door shoe hanger idea I got from reading here did come in handy.
You could always figure out a way to hang it in the closet from a hanger.
Old 04-19-2013, 11:36 AM   #6
EPCOTatNight
I am the Polynesian Parking guy and the Original DISard of Oz.

I wonder if they will mind me taking the "hooks" off and just adding magnetic strip to the back of it.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
(8/2006 ASMo) (8/2007 Pop) (5/2009 3 night Wonder) (12/2009 ASM/Pop) (1/2011 Pop) (1/2012 CSR/WL) (1/2013 ASMo/4 night Dream) (5/2013 6 night Magic*Galveston*) (12/2013 7 night Fantasy) (3/2014 SSR) (8/2014 BLT/AKV) (1/2015 7 night Magic)

EPCOTatNight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 11:38 AM   #7
TiszBear
DIS Veteran

Thanks for posting

TiszBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 11:39 AM   #8
PrincessShmoo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jilljill View Post
You could always figure out a way to hang it in the closet from a hanger.
And I think there are ones made to hang in closets.

13 Cruises, 8 ships, 124 nights
Panama Canal; Alaska; Med; WB Transatlantic; Mexican Riviera; Hawaii; Baja CA; Bahamas; Eastern/Western Caribbean

DL too numerous to count WDW 1974, 1983, 1985, 1989, 1991, 1997, 2001, 2008, 2014 Tokyo DL 1984
PrincessShmoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 11:40 AM   #9
ChloroFiend
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by EPCOTatNight View Post
I wonder if they will mind me taking the "hooks" off and just adding magnetic strip to the back of it.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
Good solution. You're going to want some strong (like rare-earth or neodymium [sp?]) magnets to ensure it holds the weight.

*heads to ebay to pick up some stupid-strong magnets*
Old 04-19-2013, 11:40 AM   #10
Aggiegrl
DIS Veteran

Wait...this isn't referencing fish extenders, is it? It just seems like they are talking about outside the doors and then branch off to organizers.
Old 04-19-2013, 11:43 AM   #11
jilljill
Collects Disney men!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aggiegrl View Post
Wait...this isn't referencing fish extenders, is it? It just seems like they are talking about outside the doors and then branch off to organizers.
The over the door organizers they are talking about are ones that guests use inside their cabin and hang on the bathroom doors. This does not reference FE's that are hung outside your cabin from the mail holder.
Old 04-19-2013, 11:43 AM   #12
ChloroFiend
DIS Veteran

Quote:
It appears to be referencing the over-the-door shoe organizers used by many DIS'rs to gain extra storage space in their cabins.
Old 04-19-2013, 11:45 AM   #13
lanejudy

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
If your fishextender hangs off the fish, you should be ok. If it's designed to hang over your stateroom door, then you'll need a plan B. Many people use over-the-door shoe organizers in the bathrooms to help organize items for the family. DCL has requested no adhesives on the door for quite a while now so that shouldn't be a surprise.
lanejudy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 11:57 AM   #14
TDC Nala
1937, what a year that was
Diet Coke on Ice or Else
I apparently don't do anything they want to stimulate

DISboards Moderator

Yep it's not the fish extenders they are talking about. It is the over the door hangers. You can hang your extender off your fish, but if you used something like a wreath hanger to suspend it from your stateroom door, that is what they are talking about.

There are also some cruisers who like to bring a wreath and over the door hanger for a Christmas cruise, they will need to find some other way to hang their wreath.
Old 04-19-2013, 12:13 PM   #15
jjgarv
Gotta get away to where the boat leaves from...

Oh no...this upsets the delicate balance of my organizational sensibilities! Guess I'll have to run something between the holes in the top of the organizer to hang it from the hook on the wall outside the bathroom. Have to channel my inner McGyver.
Honeymoon 4/00 4 Day Magic and Wilderness Lodge; 3/02 7 Day Eastern Magic; 11/02 Beach Club Villas; 11/04 7 day Western Magic; 10/05 4 Day Wonder and 3 Day at Saratoga Springs; 9/06 7 Day Twice the Magic--2x Castaway Cay; 11/07 7 Day Eastern Magic; 9/08 7 Western Double Dip--2x Castaway Cay; 5/09 Villas at AKL; 10/09 7 Day Eastern Magic to St Croix; 4/10 7 Day Caribbean Princess for 10th Anniversary; 10/10 7 Day Western Magic; 10/11 7 Days B2B on the Dream; 10/12 7 Day Eastern Fantasy; 3/12 DVC Villas at Aulani; 10/13 7 Day Western Fantasy; 10/14 7 Day Western Fantasy to Jamaica
jjgarv is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: