Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-21-2013, 05:51 AM   #46
BriarRose129
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by WEDWDW View Post

The rooms,grounds,etc. are kept to the same standard as the Moderate and Deluxe resorts-it is just that some Guests don't like staying with a HUGE amount of Cheerleaders,Tour Groups,etc.

Pop Warner Week is December 7-14.

If you are going the first week of December,you are in good shape.
We are!!! well we are going Nov 30- Dec 8th. So just that last weekend they'd be there. No biggie
BriarRose129 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 10:27 AM   #47
WEDWDW
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BriarRose129 View Post
We are!!! well we are going Nov 30- Dec 8th. So just that last weekend they'd be there. No biggie
Perfect!

You won't have to "deal" with Pop Warner except for 2 days,but you will still get to "experience" PW and understand why everybody mentions them.

WOW!Your first trip to WDW will be during the Holidays-AMAZING!

There will be garland and wreaths everywhere and hundreds of Christmas trees throughout property!
WEDWDW is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-21-2013, 12:05 PM   #48
BriarRose129
Mouseketeer

Quote:

Perfect!

You won't have to "deal" with Pop Warner except for 2 days,but you will still get to "experience" PW and understand why everybody mentions them.

WOW!Your first trip to WDW will be during the Holidays-AMAZING!

There will be garland and wreaths everywhere and hundreds of Christmas trees throughout property!
Hahaha should be an experience then lol
Yes!!!!! I'm so excited for that!!! Are all decorations up that early then? I heard about a special Xmas party. Is that good/worth the extra cost? Are there any resort decorations we should go see?
Old 04-21-2013, 03:53 PM   #49
Elle84UGA
Earning My Ears

Honestly, the AS resorts are great, especially if you're on a budget. If your family is like mine, then you can understand how our room only serves as a place to sleep and shower/get dressed. We are hardcore park fanatics--meaning that we don't take any break days, and we're there an hour before opening until closing. So unless it's just me and the hubby going, or if the girls have a girl's week at Disney, there's really no point for us. My feeling is I'd rather spend the extra money on dining, tours, etc. In fact, on our last "girls' week", we decided to that we're going to either stay at an AS or maybe AoA family suite. Either way, if this is your first time staying on property, you're going to have a blast!
Old 04-21-2013, 05:27 PM   #50
WEDWDW
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BriarRose129 View Post
Hahaha should be an experience then lol
Yes!!!!! I'm so excited for that!!! Are all decorations up that early then? I heard about a special Xmas party. Is that good/worth the extra cost? Are there any resort decorations we should go see?
Yes,all decorations will be up.

Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party is fun,but not essential if you are watching your money.

Some of the best Resort decorations are at Grand Floridian,Wilderness Lodge,Boardwalk Inn and Yacht and Beach Club.
WEDWDW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 08:20 PM   #51
BriarRose129
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elle84UGA View Post
Honestly, the AS resorts are great, especially if you're on a budget. If your family is like mine, then you can understand how our room only serves as a place to sleep and shower/get dressed. We are hardcore park fanatics--meaning that we don't take any break days, and we're there an hour before opening until closing. So unless it's just me and the hubby going, or if the girls have a girl's week at Disney, there's really no point for us. My feeling is I'd rather spend the extra money on dining, tours, etc. In fact, on our last "girls' week", we decided to that we're going to either stay at an AS or maybe AoA family suite. Either way, if this is your first time staying on property, you're going to have a blast!
Thank you!!! Yes I think it will be just great for us and what we need the resort for it's our first time there ever so I wouldn't care if I was sleeping on a park bench Hahahaha I'm just excited to be going!!
Old 04-21-2013, 08:22 PM   #52
BriarRose129
Mouseketeer

Quote:

Yes,all decorations will be up.

Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party is fun,but not essential if you are watching your money.

Some of the best Resort decorations are at Grand Floridian,Wilderness Lodge,Boardwalk Inn and Yacht and Beach Club.
Wooo hooo!!!!!! What happens at the party that's different than a normal night?
Would you suggest just eating at those resorts to make the trip more worth while

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: