Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-20-2013, 08:18 AM   #31
DisneyDiana
DIS Veteran

We love All-Star Sports. It is my 10year old son's favorite resort and we have even stayed at Poly. I know most people do not want to think about McDonald's while at Disney but since you said you like to walk around checking things out I thought I'd mention it. Not far from All star sports there is a huge McD's that has a humongous screen that plays Classic Disney cartoons. We always walk over there at least once per trip since it is inexpensive and very cool for a McD's.

DisneyDiana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 08:56 AM   #32
BriarRose129
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyDiana
We love All-Star Sports. It is my 10year old son's favorite resort and we have even stayed at Poly. I know most people do not want to think about McDonald's while at Disney but since you said you like to walk around checking things out I thought I'd mention it. Not far from All star sports there is a huge McD's that has a humongous screen that plays Classic Disney cartoons. We always walk over there at least once per trip since it is inexpensive and very cool for a McD's.
Oh cool thanks we are doing that dining package so we will prob do all eating in Disney but its good to know its there dining will be my next confusion lol there is so much to choose from! And how is the food there? I've read it's not great.
BriarRose129 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-20-2013, 09:03 AM   #33
mouserrificmom
Mouseketeer

My kiddos loved the All-Stars when they were younger and they were the best fit for our family....because are a family of 5, we don't stay there anymore as we don't find the value in two rooms or suites when we spend so little time in the room.

All Stars Sports was my sons favorite when he was 8-10ish. And yes, you can walk between all 3 but it is long, and the walk from Sports to Movies is the longest as Music is between them. But, depending on which building you are in, sometimes you are closer to other spots of a neighbor resort than your own. For example, when we were in the Mighty Ducks building at All Stars Movies, we found it was much closer to walk to the bus stop at Music than Movies where we were staying. However ALL of the kids absolutley LOVED the Toy Story building at Movies when they were little....we spent a lot of time playing in Andy's room for sure!

A nice bonus that I don't think anyone mentioned to you about sports is that it is the FIRST pick up and drop off with the bus system when it is sharing between the three. Depending on what time of year you go, this can be really helpful!!

Have fun!!

PS - the food in the All Stars is your basic food-court style grab and go type food. It has been a while since we stayed there, but if you are on the dining plan, you probably will not be eating many meals there anyway

Last edited by mouserrificmom; 04-20-2013 at 09:05 AM. Reason: adding food info
mouserrificmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 09:05 AM   #34
bigbabyblues
DIS Veteran

We haven't eaten at Sports, but we have stayed at Music and Movies and found the food just fine. There are several different stations at the food court, each serves something different.
bigbabyblues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 09:10 AM   #35
jennbunn
Mouseketeer

We loved our stay at sports. Nice cm's, never had a bad experience at the food court. We stayed in the surf's up section. Have a great time : )
jennbunn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 11:27 AM   #36
melissacan
Earning My Ears

Thanks OP for this thread. Although I'm not a newbie to Disney I have never stayed at any of the value resorts. I have a surprise birthday trip planned for my soon to be 20 year old daughter and two of her friends in May, and I thought it was a great time to try one of the values. I'm so ready and reading this thread really gets me excited. Hope you and your family have an awesome trip!!!!
melissacan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 12:23 PM   #37
WEDWDW
DIS Veteran

OP,the only "negative" about All-Star Sports is that it is used a lot as the Resort for Cheerleading competitions,Pop Warner week,South American Tour Groups,etc. and many Guests do not like to stay there during those times,so hopefully your dates won't fall during one of those times.
WEDWDW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 02:42 PM   #38
BriarRose129
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mouserrificmom
My kiddos loved the All-Stars when they were younger and they were the best fit for our family....because are a family of 5, we don't stay there anymore as we don't find the value in two rooms or suites when we spend so little time in the room.

All Stars Sports was my sons favorite when he was 8-10ish. And yes, you can walk between all 3 but it is long, and the walk from Sports to Movies is the longest as Music is between them. But, depending on which building you are in, sometimes you are closer to other spots of a neighbor resort than your own. For example, when we were in the Mighty Ducks building at All Stars Movies, we found it was much closer to walk to the bus stop at Music than Movies where we were staying. However ALL of the kids absolutley LOVED the Toy Story building at Movies when they were little....we spent a lot of time playing in Andy's room for sure!

A nice bonus that I don't think anyone mentioned to you about sports is that it is the FIRST pick up and drop off with the bus system when it is sharing between the three. Depending on what time of year you go, this can be really helpful!!

Have fun!!

PS - the food in the All Stars is your basic food-court style grab and go type food. It has been a while since we stayed there, but if you are on the dining plan, you probably will not be eating many meals there anyway
Such helpful info!! Thank you!!
Old 04-20-2013, 02:44 PM   #39
BriarRose129
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbabyblues
We haven't eaten at Sports, but we have stayed at Music and Movies and found the food just fine. There are several different stations at the food court, each serves something different.
I have a feeling we will end up trying other restaurants instead of the cafe here but it's good to know its decent even for a snack or something. Thanks!!
Old 04-20-2013, 02:44 PM   #40
BriarRose129
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennbunn
We loved our stay at sports. Nice cm's, never had a bad experience at the food court. We stayed in the surf's up section. Have a great time : )
Thanks so much!!!! Now it's the waiting lol we don't go until December haha
Old 04-20-2013, 02:45 PM   #41
BriarRose129
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by melissacan
Thanks OP for this thread. Although I'm not a newbie to Disney I have never stayed at any of the value resorts. I have a surprise birthday trip planned for my soon to be 20 year old daughter and two of her friends in May, and I thought it was a great time to try one of the values. I'm so ready and reading this thread really gets me excited. Hope you and your family have an awesome trip!!!!
Ohhh how fun!!!!! Hope you all have an amazing trip!!
Old 04-20-2013, 02:47 PM   #42
BriarRose129
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by WEDWDW
OP,the only "negative" about All-Star Sports is that it is used a lot as the Resort for Cheerleading competitions,Pop Warner week,South American Tour Groups,etc. and many Guests do not like to stay there during those times,so hopefully your dates won't fall during one of those times.
Ohhh I see. I read some things saying it was like a budget motel and such. That scared me at first but I figured it's disney. I'm sure it's still clean rooms and nice grounds. we are going the beginning of December. Will we be with those groups??
Old 04-20-2013, 05:57 PM   #43
shell8558
DIS Veteran

We were at sports during national cheerleading competiton , in February . (Sports was the host hotel ) We asked for a quiet room and were upgraded to surfs up section .they did not put any cheerleaders in our section . We never heard the cheerleaders and had a wonderful time . I'm not sure if there are any big events in December . You can check the wide world of sports website and it should tell you if there are any competitions scheduled .
Old 04-20-2013, 06:32 PM   #44
BriarRose129
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by shell8558 View Post
We were at sports during national cheerleading competiton , in February . (Sports was the host hotel ) We asked for a quiet room and were upgraded to surfs up section .they did not put any cheerleaders in our section . We never heard the cheerleaders and had a wonderful time . I'm not sure if there are any big events in December . You can check the wide world of sports website and it should tell you if there are any competitions scheduled .
Ohh good to know!! I really don't think it would bother us too much. We are pretty easy going ill check it out and see. Thanks
Old 04-20-2013, 08:57 PM   #45
WEDWDW
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BriarRose129 View Post
Ohhh I see. I read some things saying it was like a budget motel and such. That scared me at first but I figured it's disney. I'm sure it's still clean rooms and nice grounds. we are going the beginning of December. Will we be with those groups??
The rooms,grounds,etc. are kept to the same standard as the Moderate and Deluxe resorts-it is just that some Guests don't like staying with a HUGE amount of Cheerleaders,Tour Groups,etc.

Pop Warner Week is December 7-14.

If you are going the first week of December,you are in good shape.
WEDWDW is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: