Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants > Disney Dining Plan
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-19-2013, 09:17 AM   #1
gibbow
Mouseketeer

Short Notice Trip, DDP still worth it?

I am planning a surprise trip for my gf before I graduate this May as I will probably be moving a great deal away for a job and thought a trip together before so would be a nice touch.

I was wondering are ADR usually all full a month in advance, (I plan on booking this for the week of May 13) and if so would we be better paying per meal or would the dining plan still have enough options to make the three TS meals per day worth it?

Thank you in advance!
gibbow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 09:34 AM   #2
TDC Nala
1937, what a year that was
Diet Coke on Ice or Else
I apparently don't do anything they want to stimulate

DISboards Moderator

Go to www.disneyworld.com, I can't tell you exactly what it is but there is a way to filter your request so that you can see everything that is available for the days you'll be there. then you can determine if your group can get enough reservations to make DDP worthwhile.

No, all ADRS usually aren't "full" but it will be difficult to find the popular places, and some places may have earlier or later times available only. Or you might find it advisable to go to a nearby resort instead of eating a meal inside a park.
Register to remove

Old 04-19-2013, 10:24 AM   #3
Jonathan Swift
I'm being sarcastic...or am I?

You're not going to know if the DDP is worth it unless you decide first where you want to eat. You can use this spreadsheet to help figure out how much everything is going to cost: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3050182

Rule of thumb is they are generally bad deals unless you follow them very strictly and order lots of expensive entrees. Even in those cases, the savings is usually minimal.
Jonathan Swift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 12:06 PM   #4
bdklein
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by gibbow View Post
I am planning a surprise trip for my gf before I graduate this May as I will probably be moving a great deal away for a job and thought a trip together before so would be a nice touch.

I was wondering are ADR usually all full a month in advance, (I plan on booking this for the week of May 13) and if so would we be better paying per meal or would the dining plan still have enough options to make the three TS meals per day worth it?

Thank you in advance!
You can book the ADR's now without a reservation.
bdklein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 11:29 PM   #5
gibbow
Mouseketeer

Thanks everyone for your help.

We decided to forgo the DDP for this trip. As it is a shorter vacation we're just going to "go with the flow" as it is short notice and the place we would have really enjoyed are not available either because they are booked or being renovated.

After looking through everything, it does look like in the future we may consider the Dining plan with the package for the free tours, water sports and La Nuba tickets...while the dining savings would be minimal, I think at that point it would be about convenience and not having to worry about everything especially with a longer stay
gibbow is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: