Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-18-2013, 09:39 AM   #1
ammag
DIS Veteran

When should i reserve room?

Thinking of AoA (money is an issue but I think tis worth it for the theming for the kids over the other values? And that pool looks amazing) November 10-14. When should we book to make sure we get a room in little mermaid, and to get the lowest price? Do they ever do free dining for AoA and ever in November? Thanks!
ammag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 09:41 AM   #2
ammag
DIS Veteran

Adding that Sunday we arrive so the end of food and wine, that weekend is the food and wine run, it's Veterans Day Monday....
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-18-2013, 10:07 AM   #3
wdwrich
DIS Veteran

I would book now and keep an eye out for any discounts that may come up. Depending on your situation, you may be able to apply a future discount to your existing reservation, or you may have to cancel and rebook.

Always run the numbers on the free dining deal (if available) because you pay full rack rate for the room in order to get the "free" dining.

WDW - 11 visits since 1979 (Polynesian x5, P.O. Riverside x2, Contemporary x2, Yacht Club, Coronado Springs, Shades of Green). Going back in 2015.
DLR - Yearly since 1984 (AP holders)
wdwrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 10:17 AM   #4
aaarcher86
DIS Veteran

Adding onto the FD question: the Little Mermaid rooms have been excluded in the all of the discount offers so far (room and dining). I'd expect it to stay that way the rest of this year.

aaarcher86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 03:57 PM   #5
txnana
Mouseketeer

We stayed at Little Mermaid for 2 weeks last October and had free dining.

All Star Movies for a Grand Gathering, August 6-12, 2008

Art of Animation Little Mermaid Room, 14 days of Food and Wine Festival Fun with free dining, Sept 25-October 9, 2012

Up next, Big Family Christmas Celebration, Dec, 2014
txnana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 09:19 AM   #6
ammag
DIS Veteran

Could I reserve a room now for that Sunday night and then add the other nights later? I can't pay for the whole thing yet..in fact will be using a credit card and paying it off within the 6 month period of no interest..was hoping to start that in the summer not now. Bt I don't want to get stuck with no room for that supposedly busy night...park crowds are supposed to be around 7 on Monday, but 1-3 Tuesday.
Old 04-19-2013, 09:27 AM   #7
jennynwdw
Earning My Ears

You don't have to have the full balance to book your room/package. I'm not sure how much you actually have to put down.... I booked a 3 night stay and had to put at least one nights worth down. Then you can pay as you wish or when you arrive. The AoA is awesome! The big blue pool is amazing! You'll love it. Have fun!
jennynwdw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 09:31 AM   #8
wdwrich
DIS Veteran

Quote:
You don't have to have the full balance to book your room/package. I'm not sure how much you actually have to put down.... I booked a 3 night stay and had to put at least one nights worth down. Then you can pay as you wish or when you arrive.
Unless things changed recently, you have to put down one night's charge on a room-only reservation, and the balance is due at check-in. For a package, you put down $200 and the balance is due 45 days prior to arrival. Hope this helps in your planning.

WDW - 11 visits since 1979 (Polynesian x5, P.O. Riverside x2, Contemporary x2, Yacht Club, Coronado Springs, Shades of Green). Going back in 2015.
DLR - Yearly since 1984 (AP holders)

Last edited by wdwrich; 04-19-2013 at 10:03 AM.
wdwrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 09:32 AM   #9
ADisneyQueen
DIS Veteran

If you are booking room only, you put a deposit of one night down. If you are booking a package with tickets and dining(optional) you put $200. I'd reserve the room now. They book up fast. I almost didn't get our rooms for August and I booked 4 mos. out.
Christmas 2009-CBR and RI Seaworld,June 2012-POP
Aug 2013- CSR and AOA
ADisneyQueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 10:13 AM   #10
CaptainEO71
Mouseketeer

Book the whole trip now as a room only reservation. You only have to put down a one night deposit, no matter if its for 1 or 10 or 20 days. There's no slow time at AoA, you risk not getting a room there at all if you wait!
Old 04-20-2013, 07:34 AM   #11
ammag
DIS Veteran

Would we be locked into the current price if we booked now? I was hoping it might drop...
Old 04-20-2013, 07:58 AM   #12
bigbabyblues
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ammag View Post
Would we be locked into the current price if we booked now? I was hoping it might drop...
The rack rate for the room will not drop. Disney sets the prices a year at a time, and the 2014 prices should be out in the next couple of months.

However, if there is a discount announced for your dates that includes the room you have booked, you can call and have that discount applied to your room (subject to availability, of course).
bigbabyblues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 08:25 AM   #13
dpswift
DIS Veteran

We stayed for 2 nights during presidents week. There was no discount on Little mermaid at all. It would have been about 25 dollars a night less to stay at Port Orleans. DD had her heart set on AoA so we stayed there. DH did complain quite a bit because of the long walk to Animators hall. But it is a very nice resort and I would stay again over the other values.

I would not expect a discount.
dpswift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 02:29 PM   #14
siskaren
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainEO71 View Post
Book the whole trip now as a room only reservation. You only have to put down a one night deposit, no matter if its for 1 or 10 or 20 days. There's no slow time at AoA, you risk not getting a room there at all if you wait!
The OP stated that she wants to take advantage of the 6 months interest-free financing that Disney Visa offers, which requires booking a package. I would agree though to book now, since that gives more time to make payments. Also, as long as each payment is at least $101, you get the 6 months interest-free financing on each payment, which helps spread out paying it off even more.
siskaren is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: