Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-19-2013, 02:48 AM   #1
DeafJeff
Earning My Ears

settling the charges

Hi all

This is our first time on the cruise. I'm wondering if we can settle the charges using can at the end of the cruise if so how do we use KTW if we are planning not to pay using the credit card?

Jeff
DeafJeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 08:13 AM   #2
RickFreeze
Mouseketeer

Jeff- I will assume you meant you are planning on settling your account with CASH not a a credit card...
We also used cash, and depending on the length of your cruise, DCL will give you some credit so you can rack up a few 100 in charges. We went down at the beginning of our cruise and put $500 on our account as we had parasailing scheduled at CC and that right there was $320. Then at the end of the cruise, I went down and was given what money was left in our account.
At any time during the cruise you can go down to Guest Services and get a statement of your account so you can see what the current balance is.
Also, don't forget that the tips for your servers, three of them, and your room host is added to your stateroom account.

RickFreeze is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-19-2013, 08:21 AM   #3
WeLoveDisneyAlways
DIS Veteran

We used cash to settle our account. DCL gave us a limit of 300$ to charge for our 4 night dream cruise. Once you hit your limit you will have to pay and then your free to make charges again.
Coronado Springs Resort Disney World - March 2003; Atlantis Bahamas - Sept 2004; Bellagio Las Vegas - Jan 2007; Sandals Montego Bay Jamaica - Jan 2008; Pop Century Disney World - Sept 2008; Pop Century, Disney World - Jan 2009; Atlantis Bahamas - Jan 2010; All Star Movies Disney World - May 2010; Caribbean Beach Resort Disney World - Jan 2011; Bay Lake Towers Disney World, Disney Dream Cruise, Coronado Springs Disney World - Jan 2012 ; Art of Animation Resort Disney World Jan 2013 ; Coronado Springs - Disney World, Disney Dream, Animal Kingdom Lodge - Disney World Jan 2014
WeLoveDisneyAlways is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 07:10 PM   #4
ML_LovesDisney
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeafJeff View Post
Hi all

This is our first time on the cruise. I'm wondering if we can settle the charges using can at the end of the cruise if so how do we use KTW if we are planning not to pay using the credit card?

Jeff
We had Disney gift cards and cash, and one time half way through the trip (7 night) I went to guest services to apply more gift cards once the ones I started with ran out, then settled the rest with cash the last night. We didn't want to travel with a lot of cash so the gift cards worked well.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: