Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Rumors and News
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-16-2013, 11:42 AM   #1
Reddog1134
DIS Veteran

Ride policy change for children under 7

According to THEME PARK INSIDER, Disney has changed their policy for children under 7 on attractions.

Previously, they needed someone at least 14 years old to accompany them. Now they need someone at least 14 years old to ride next to them or directly behind them in the same ride vehicle.
Old 04-16-2013, 12:14 PM   #2
TheShea's
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reddog1134 View Post
According to THEME PARK INSIDER, Disney has changed their policy for children under 7 on attractions.

Previously, they needed someone at least 14 years old to accompany them. Now they need someone at least 14 years old to ride next to them or directly behind them in the same ride vehicle.
And this will be enforced...how?
TheShea's is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-16-2013, 12:21 PM   #3
wilkeliza
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheShea's View Post

They ask the age of the children. Also we can use heights indicators as well. Most of the time if a CM suspects a child is too young to go alone they will have a short conversation with the child before asking age that way they aren't concentrating on lying if that was their intent.

Also this seems like it was the rule it is just now being reported. I know you couldn't do single rider under 7.
wilkeliza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 02:57 PM   #4
bandit90
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheShea's View Post
I know when I went in December, they asked me where my parents were for the tea cups because they said I needed to be 14 years old to ride them by myself (I'm 22).
bandit90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 03:33 PM   #5
TheShea's
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bandit90 View Post
I know when I went in December, they asked me where my parents were for the tea cups because they said I needed to be 14 years old to ride them by myself (I'm 22).
Did you show them ID?
TheShea's is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 06:15 PM   #6
tiffany41108
Just the mama of a princess...

Quote:
Originally Posted by bandit90 View Post
oh my. lol.
tiffany41108 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 08:45 PM   #7
deadheadmamma4
Mouseketeer

My son is 13 5"7 and his sister is will be 2 months from 7 in sept when we go I get sick on rides like dumbo type so he has to go with her they don't have there ages on there passes do they my son can just say he's 14
deadheadmamma4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 09:54 PM   #8
wilkeliza
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadheadmamma4 View Post
My son is 13 5"7 and his sister is will be 2 months from 7 in sept when we go I get sick on rides like dumbo type so he has to go with her they don't have there ages on there passes do they my son can just say he's 14
Not to start an argument but you are ok allowing your son to lie? Both are technically too young according to the rules and God forbid something go wrong a CM could loose their job because you told your son it is okay to lie. In the event an emergency responder had to evacuate the ride they couldn't lie to them (well the could but shouldn't).

I bet once magic+ rolls out the lying about age will be a little harder. I have nothing official bit it wouldn't be so hard since they ask for age of children when booking a room.

Last edited by wilkeliza; 04-18-2013 at 10:03 PM.
Old 04-18-2013, 10:29 PM   #9
hulliechrisp
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilkeliza View Post
Not to start an argument but you are ok allowing your son to lie? Both are technically too young according to the rules and God forbid something go wrong a CM could loose their job because you told your son it is okay to lie. In the event an emergency responder had to evacuate the ride they couldn't lie to them (well the could but shouldn't).

I bet once magic+ rolls out the lying about age will be a little harder. I have nothing official bit it wouldn't be so hard since they ask for age of children when booking a room.
if the kid is 5'7 would you really question them?
Old 04-18-2013, 11:27 PM   #10
wilkeliza
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by hulliechrisp View Post

if the kid is 5'7 would you really question them?
It is hard to say. I work a spiel based attraction so with all kids I ask age and if they have parents permission no matter how tall they are. Also depends on if he has a baby face or not. Lots of factors other than heights. Attitude, maturity, and physical features all go into the quick evaluation we go through.
Some CMs are thorough and will ask whenever they suspect the child is under 7 and not with their parent.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: