Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-18-2013, 06:44 PM   #1
DonnaDuck333
Mouseketeer

Royal rooms at port Orleans Riverside, question?

First are there double beds or Queen since the renovations. Also is it central air conditioning or a wall unit? And if anyone has ever stayed there is it as special as it looks on some pics here. Only would stay one night as we need to book this before our 11 day vacation at AKL... Your help is appreciated.
DonnaDuck333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 07:02 PM   #2
Dixiemom
DIS Veteran

Queen beds and I am prettyy sure it is central air. Have never stayed there but have done lots of research

Lynn, mom of 2

DS 14, DD 9
Dixiemom is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-18-2013, 07:03 PM   #3
boscov
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonnaDuck333 View Post
First are there double beds or Queen since the renovations. Also is it central air conditioning or a wall unit? And if anyone has ever stayed there is it as special as it looks on some pics here. Only would stay one night as we need to book this before our 11 day vacation at AKL... Your help is appreciated.
All beds in POR are now queens, so yes they are queens. It is a motion sensor wall unit for an air conditioner. As far as being special, I would say that's up to you. I would say for one night, yes it would be worth it. I would say for anyone interested in the royal rooms, it's worth a stay once.

boscov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 07:15 PM   #4
DonnaDuck333
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by boscov View Post
All beds in POR are now queens, so yes they are queens. It is a motion sensor wall unit for an air conditioner. As far as being special, I would say that's up to you. I would say for one night, yes it would be worth it. I would say for anyone interested in the royal rooms, it's worth a stay once.
My kids are 19 and 25, lol!!! They are such great kids, and work so hard with working and college and hardly no play time. They are hard core students. wanted to start the vacation on a magical and over the top disney experience for them. Their father and I just want a nice place to sleep off the 28 hour drive,Lol!!! Thank you, hoping the wall unit filters is clean regularly , because I am wicked allergic to mold spores...
Old 04-18-2013, 07:16 PM   #5
nkereina
Wendy Darling

AC is the big box unit under the window just like at any other mod. Queen beds.

Personally, I don't think the Royal Rooms are worth the money. IMO, the money is better spent on preferred rooms or not spent at all. Royal Rooms are in a fairly remote location. They are a short walk to POFQ and a fair walk across the bridge to the main buildings, but a hike from the main pool. Plus, since the room has subtleties of princess flair, I think its best suited for older kids who would appreciate the nuances. Younger kids tend to overlook that stuff. I have heard younger kids are enchanted with the headboards for about 5 minutes and then that's that.

All that being said, I love POR and if royal rooms were the only room category available when I was traveling, I would choose that before switching resorts.
nkereina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 10:41 PM   #6
Sue M
DIS Veteran

Love POR! We stayed in the mansion section each time. Last time was in refurbed room in Acadian House. Very nice. They did put in new AC units that have wall thermostat.
If you book a royal room I'd suggest requesting Oak Manor. Good central location. We felt Parterre Place was to far from main pool.

I'd love to try a Royal Room!
Aug 2003 WDW Marriott Courtyard, [B]Aug 2005 [/BSeaWorld, Universal, Busch Gardens Hilton Garden Inn, ]Aug 2007 WDW CBR, Jan 2008WDW WL, Aug 2008St. Pete Beach, Universal-HRH, Sea Workd & Aquatica- Hyatt Place & Doubletree, Jan 2009WDW AKL, Aug 2009Key West Sheraton Suites, Cocoa Beach Hampton Inn, & WDW POR/WL, Jan 2010WDW Poly, Jan 2011WDW POR, Aug 2011WDW POR/BC CL, Jan 2012WDW WL, Aug 2012AKL CL, Jan. 2013POFQ Aug. 2013 WDW Pop, GF, YC Jan 2014POR

Next trip August 7-Sept 3 2014 Ft Lauderdale, Universal, WDW GF & GF CL
Sue M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 08:39 AM   #7
DonnaDuck333
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sue M View Post
Love POR! We stayed in the mansion section each time. Last time was in refurbed room in Acadian House. Very nice. They did put in new AC units that have wall thermostat.
If you book a royal room I'd suggest requesting Oak Manor. Good central location. We felt Parterre Place was to far from main pool.

I'd love to try a Royal Room!
Thank You .... very helpful, did I mention my children are 19 and 25,Lol!!! they need a little disney magic too, they work so hard and it will be funny to see there faces as we will be actually staying at AKL after our one night stay at Port Orleans Riverside...

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: