Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants > Disney Dining Plan
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-22-2013, 09:12 AM   #1
BriarRose129
Mouseketeer

Reataurant Marrakesh question

How is the food? And are those royal feast and Marrakesh feast options included in the dining package? If so can you share it while using the dining plan? Thanks!
BriarRose129 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 12:19 PM   #2
icc2515
Mouseketeer

My family thinks the food is great. The feasts are included on the dining plan, but they will charge you an additional $7.00 for them(1 year ago may me more now). They told us this was for the app that is not included in the dining plan. I don't know about sharing.
icc2515 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-22-2013, 12:23 PM   #3
TDC Nala
1937, what a year that was
Diet Coke on Ice or Else
I apparently don't do anything they want to stimulate

DISboards Moderator

They will charge a surcharge on each person who orders a multicourse "feast" of between $5 and $7, depending on which feast you order.

Since they are doing the surcharge per person I would guess that they would not allow you to share the feast with someone who didn't order it.
Old 04-22-2013, 12:38 PM   #4
jtntx34
Earning My Ears

My mom sister and I ate at Restaurant Marakesh about 4 years ago now. We were seated right beside the entertainment (belly dancer show and music).

My impressions:

Food - C (average)
We ordered something similar to the Sultan's Sampler and Shish Kebabs which we split three ways. I am not a huge fan of this type of food typically, but the spices were not overwhelming which is a plus for people who are just looking to try something different but aren't as adventurous. I recall the meat being okay but perhaps a little dry. Some items were tastier than others, but it's been so long that I can't remember all of the details. The couscous was also a little drier than I would have preferred. Prices were a little high for the quality served.

Entertainment - B (Good)
We were seated directly beside the entertainment which consisted of a belly dancer and musicians. I would have enjoyed it more if the speaker were not pointed directly at our table. It was louder than I would have liked. The entire show was about 15 minutes. I is an interesting cultural experience.

Atmosphere - A (Really Nice)
I loved the atmosphere inside the restaurant. It has beautiful ceramic work throughout and interesting use of arches and pillars associated with Middle Eastern architecture. The restroom was lovely.

Recommended for: Adventurous types who like to experience new and different cultures that might not have Middle Eastern cuisine in their home town.
jtntx34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 06:35 AM   #5
BriarRose129
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtntx34 View Post
My mom sister and I ate at Restaurant Marakesh about 4 years ago now. We were seated right beside the entertainment (belly dancer show and music).

My impressions:

Food - C (average)
We ordered something similar to the Sultan's Sampler and Shish Kebabs which we split three ways. I am not a huge fan of this type of food typically, but the spices were not overwhelming which is a plus for people who are just looking to try something different but aren't as adventurous. I recall the meat being okay but perhaps a little dry. Some items were tastier than others, but it's been so long that I can't remember all of the details. The couscous was also a little drier than I would have preferred. Prices were a little high for the quality served.

Entertainment - B (Good)
We were seated directly beside the entertainment which consisted of a belly dancer and musicians. I would have enjoyed it more if the speaker were not pointed directly at our table. It was louder than I would have liked. The entire show was about 15 minutes. I is an interesting cultural experience.

Atmosphere - A (Really Nice)
I loved the atmosphere inside the restaurant. It has beautiful ceramic work throughout and interesting use of arches and pillars associated with Middle Eastern architecture. The restroom was lovely.

Recommended for: Adventurous types who like to experience new and different cultures that might not have Middle Eastern cuisine in their home town.
Thank for this wonderful review! I hope we aren't disappointed with the food. We love all different types of food so it wouldn't be our first time eating Moroccan. But we live right outside NYC so are a little spoiled with food quality when going out to eat. I was already warned that I can't compare which I understand but I hope it's at least good lol
BriarRose129 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 10:47 PM   #6
FogliaFamily
1 Princess, 4 Princes

We went and had some type of combo plate. We thought the lamb was very gamey. If you like this flavor it will work out well for you. The atmosphere and entertainment were good though. I do love their qs for lunch at the Tangeriene, they have a great combo plate.....

DH , DS-14 , DS-12 , DS-9

Pop 08-06-13; PO-Riverside 09-21-11; PO-Riverside 09-21-10; Disneyland 06-23-10; PO-Riverside 09-22-09; PO-Riverside 04-14-09; PO-Riverside 09-22-08; PO-Riverside 09-19-07; PO-Riverside 04-03-07; PO-Riverside 08-15-06; PO-Riverside 04-13-06; Offsite 06-05; Offsite 02-04
...and many times offsite as a child
FogliaFamily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 10:01 PM   #7
Tanyabeth8
Mouseketeer

One of my favorite Disney restaurants. The couscous M'Rouiza is delicious.
Tanyabeth8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 05:48 AM   #8
patty57
DIS Veteran

Our family has eaten there quite a bit, and used to really like it. We like lamb a lot. I went back two years ago, and thought the food wasn't nearly as good as I remember it being before. Maybe it was an off night...not sure. I haven't been back since. I'm going to WDW next week, and don't plan on eating at Marrakesh.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: