Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-18-2013, 05:25 PM   #1
ibcrazie4dizney
Mouseketeer

waving at fishlips cam?

Have a few cheesy questions. I watched the port Canaveral cam as the dream left today. from what I read before, I assumed people wanted to get a good spot on deck to wave and be noticed on the cam. so I was worried that we wouldn't be able to find a good spot or be up at the railing. I noticed today that people are only scattered and some areas had no one. so where was everyone? are there places you cant go? is there something else going on that all the people were at?

I also saw a few people waving shiny blue streamers on sticks. they don't gave anything out on the boat do they? I was assuming we would bring something from home to make it fun.
Old 04-18-2013, 05:30 PM   #2
NEmel
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibcrazie4dizney
Have a few cheesy questions. I watched the port Canaveral cam as the dream left today. from what I read before, I assumed people wanted to get a good spot on deck to wave and be noticed on the cam. so I was worried that we wouldn't be able to find a good spot or be up at the railing. I noticed today that people are only scattered and some areas had no one. so where was everyone? are there places you cant go? is there something else going on that all the people were at?

I also saw a few people waving shiny blue streamers on sticks. they don't gave anything out on the boat do they? I was assuming we would bring something from home to make it fun.
They do hand out streamers at the sail away party. We were too busy dancing at the party to even watch the sail away!
NEmel is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-18-2013, 05:30 PM   #3
skylynx

Riding for my own brand.

We've been handed the blue streamers before...people on the deck trying to get the attention of the Fishlips camera operator are possibly interested in buying the footage of the sailaway and want to be sure they are in the video and can identify themselves!

Plenty of people don't hang around during sailaway after the party ends...they are going to check to see if their luggage is there or, if they have early dining, to get ready!
WDW 2 many times 2 count since 1973 AKL, WL, Dixie Landings, CB, VB,OKW, GCV, 5 Disney Institute Professional Programs CA/Disneyland GCAL, Treehouse Villas DVC 2007 Disney Wonder 10/02, 3/03, 2/04, 5/06, 5/07, 6/08, 8/10, 2/11, 10/15Disney Magic W 10/04, 1/07, E 2/06, 11/08, 2/12, 2/15 Disney Dream 6/11 6/14 Disney Fantasy 2/13 2/14 NCL Alaska 6/09 Trader's Inn Beach Club Ormond Beach FL 2014
skylynx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 05:39 PM   #4
Stitch'sCousin
DIS Veteran

Lots of people would be watching the sailaway party instead of looking out at the camera as they leave port.
Stitch'sCousin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 05:48 PM   #5
lbgraves
Little Cinderella's Mommy
The bad news is...they are driving me nuts!!!

From what I saw in another post, the ship was late leaving port today. People were at early dinner when it did leave port, which would explain not as many people being at the railing waving. If the ship leaves on time, the sailaway party is over and the characters have left the stage when the ship is moving down the channel.

Magic: E 11/15/2003, W 12/4/2004, E 12/10/2005, W DD w/ CM 12/9/2006, EBPC 8/2008, W 1/8/2011
Wonder: 3N 1/11/2010, Alaska 7/26/11
Fantasy: MV W w/ CM 3/31/2012, E w/ SJ 3/23/2013

DCL 2015 Opening Day Pricing Thread #3 August - December
DCL 2015 Opening Day Pricing Thread #2 April - August

Past Opening Day Pricing Threads
lbgraves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 05:55 PM   #6
ibcrazie4dizney
Mouseketeer

yes, it did leave late. I thought it was supposed to be 5:00 but it actually left closer to 6:00.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: