Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-18-2013, 04:17 PM   #1
Douvres Family
DIS Veteran

Question Lacking the Walt Disney's Spirit

I've been in and out of several conversations and one thing puzzles me...
...why do people sound so angry in these posts???
And when some people correct previous posts, it appears to be in a scolding manner?

It appears to me many lack or dont get the Walt Disney spirit.

We are all here happy either planning our vacations or trying to answer what ever questions we could help with.

Sometime I try to keep in mind that maybe that person is having a bad day...but why belittle others?

I dont know

WDW 1976, 1989, 1990, 1991, 1996, 1999...Puerto Rico 2000...WDW 2001, 2002...DCL Wonder 2003...Mayan Riviera MX 2007 & 2008...WDW 2009, 2010, DCL Dream 2012, DCL Dream 2013, Mayan Riviera 2013
Douvres Family is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 04:21 PM   #2
Disney Canadian
Mouseketeer

I couldn't agree more! The reason I love Disney so much is because of the positive family atmosphere it provides. I understand that nobody is perfect but I think we all need to try to remember the golden rule
January 2013: Port Orleans - French Quarter
Sept/Oct 2013: AOA-Little Mermaid/Western Caribbean Cruise - Fantasy
February 2014: Pop Century/4 Night to the Bahamas on the Reimagined Magic!

November 2014: Caribbean Beach for DD's 5th Birthday
October 2015: Eastern Caribbean - Fantasy

Disney Canadian is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-18-2013, 04:24 PM   #3
PrincessShmoo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Douvres Family View Post
And when some people correct previous posts, it appears to be in a scolding manner?

We are all here happy either planning our vacations or trying to answer what ever questions we could help with.

Sometime I try to keep in mind that maybe that person is having a bad day...but why belittle others?

I dont know
I'm sorry if you've felt scolded. Remember the printed word has no inflection, as a speaking voice would. There have been many times that I've had to re-read something because just reading the words sounded mad, but trying to put in a more jovial sound (in my head) showed that it really wasn't meant meanly.

HAL Alaska 2009;2012;PC 2013Carnival Baja 2014
DCL Magic May 2008 Panama Canal WB, Sep 2010 Med/WB TransAtlantic,
DCL Wonder Oct & Dec 2011 Mexico, Oct 2012 Hawaii

DL too numerous to count WDW 1974, 1983, 1985, 1989, 1991, 1997, 2001, 2008 Tokyo DL 1984
PrincessShmoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 04:24 PM   #4
sambycat
DIS Veteran

sambycat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 04:30 PM   #5
lovetotraveltx
DIS Veteran

I think for the most part people just quote DCL or give their opinion/interpretation. That being said there are some people that do get rude/testy if you don't agree with them or condone breaking the rules.

I've very rarely here or other forums seen people being downright mean! I think it's primarily in jest. IMHO
lovetotraveltx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 05:13 PM   #6
pieface
Mouseketeer

angry people

People may get angry and frustrated but we are brothers and sisters with the mouse I still love them as family.
pieface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 05:48 PM   #7
tnkrbell
DIS Veteran

Quote:

I dont know
I completely agree with you!! I just try to ignore them!!
tnkrbell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 06:05 PM   #8
dpswift
DIS Veteran

unfortunately quite often things do come across as being mean. I know that I am thin skinned but somethings do come across as mean. Not so much on this board as another cruise board that I am on.
dpswift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 06:11 PM   #9
m&mfamily
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sambycat View Post
Haha!
m&mfamily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 06:49 PM   #10
luv2sleep
DIS Veteran

I don't know of its because I'm getting older and was more clueless when I was younger, but I find that people in general seem to be losing their ability to be kind. I work from home and no longer sit in LA road rage commute traffic but when I run errands I still find that there's always someone in a hurry in a store or driving erratically on the roads and being rude. People seem to be impatient and unhappy. I've noticed more people yelling at people out windows more than before. I sometimes wonder if it has to do with how 'connected' we are as a human race. If you watch the news or surf the web all day you can find something every minute of every day to be sad or upset about. That may be way off but I've wondered if we were better off when we focused more locally on our communities and families. Now that doesn't help people who are in need globally, of course. Just a thought.
Old 04-18-2013, 06:56 PM   #11
Teacher Princess
Aprentice

Quote:

I dont know
Ignore them .. Just not worth it .. IMHO
Teacher Princess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 06:57 PM   #12
Teacher Princess
Aprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by luv2sleep View Post
I don't know of its because I'm getting older and was more clueless when I was younger, but I find that people in general seem to be losing their ability to be kind. I work from home and no longer sit in LA road rage commute traffic but when I run errands I still find that there's always someone in a hurry in a store or driving erratically on the roads and being rude. People seem to be impatient and unhappy. I've noticed more people yelling at people out windows more than before. I sometimes wonder if it has to do with how 'connected' we are as a human race. If you watch the news or surf the web all day you can find something every minute of every day to be sad or upset about. That may be way off but I've wondered if we were better off when we focused more locally on our communities and families. Now that doesn't help people who are in need globally, of course. Just a thought.

Well said !
Teacher Princess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 08:47 PM   #13
cgolf
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by tnkrbell View Post
I completely agree with you!! I just try to ignore them!!
That is easier said than done. I have noticed there are some that appear to try and get a reaction by the content and tone of their posts. I have self deleted some responses to those posts, nothing bad was typed, just second thoughts after I realized that I got baited in to responding. The surprising thing is these aren't trolls, their post #'s are in the 100's and 1000's. Also see some of them on other boards too doing the same thing. Thankfully this board seems not to get hit by the trolls too often

The biggest issue I have seen is that there is little acceptance of different opinions, everything recently is two sides arguing for pages and pages on threads. I at times fall into that trap too, but generally try to get my thoughts out there and let the rest battle it out.

cgolf
Fantasy 1/13, 1/14
cgolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 08:51 PM   #14
princessmocha
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by luv2sleep View Post
I have noticed this too . . . I have been working from home for almost 2 years now and I often wonder if I was one of those people before and just didn't notice it. I am soooo much more relaxed now (especially since I don't have to drive to get to work!)
Old 04-18-2013, 08:59 PM   #15
cgolf
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by princessmocha View Post
I have noticed this too . . . I have been working from home for almost 2 years now and I often wonder if I was one of those people before and just didn't notice it. I am soooo much more relaxed now (especially since I don't have to drive to get to work!)
I have found that living about 35 minutes from work is nice, it gives me time to chill out after a stressful day on the ride home. That being said I bring a lot of work home so I never get too far away from it. Also I have to guess that WI traffic is a lot easier to deal with vs. the bigger city traffic.

cgolf
Fantasy 1/13, 1/14
cgolf is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: