Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Universal Studios/Sea World > Sea World / Discovery Cove
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-18-2013, 03:07 PM   #1
Barahona6
Mouseketeer

Talking 1st adult trip to SeaWorld

For our Princess weekend in May we decided to go a day early and go to SeaWorld on Friday. It's my first trip since I was a little girl and will be my Little Princesses(2) first time going. What is the first things that need to be done or the things that are most do first type things. Should we be wearing swimsuits? We really want to see a lot of shows. Can you give me all your tips? DD will nap in her stroller so I don't need a mid day break. We are open to close people as well

Me DH Neko(12) Blake(8) T-Rex(6) Rosa(2)
Barahona6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 03:18 PM   #2
angelmom27
DIS Veteran

First thing if you want to feed the dolphins get in line. That way you have the rest of the day for shows and other things. They only dolphin feedings at certain times through out the day and the line gets long fast.

You guys will have fun time. Yes you can wear a swim suit. My kids always do cause we take a break and let them play in the fountains in shamus happy harbor. There are restrooms and a baby care center in the area but we like the baby changing area by mango joes restaurant. Right by the stadium is mango joes and in the middle of the bathrooms is a baby changing room. It is nice and big. It only has the changing table and a sink. We always go there to change the kiddos.
Register to remove

Old 04-18-2013, 03:44 PM   #3
Barahona6
Mouseketeer

We defiantly want to feed the dolphins we will high tail it over there. Is there a fee to feed the dolphins? I am trying to only bring cash to the parks so I don't go over budget!

Old 04-18-2013, 04:23 PM   #4
Barahona6
Mouseketeer

Does SeaWorld have WiFi?

Old 04-18-2013, 05:49 PM   #5
angelmom27
DIS Veteran

Yes there is a fee it is $7 for a tray of fish. SW has a new policy so you will both have to pay for a tray. That only gives you more fish cause I think there is 3 fish per tray. Also there is a sea lion, sting ray, and shark feeding. I know its $5 for the sting rays. Not sure about the other two. Not really any other expenses except for food and souveniers. There is a game area like carnival games so if you want to do those you would need some for that. That's all the expenses I can think of.
Old 04-18-2013, 05:50 PM   #6
angelmom27
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barahona6
Does SeaWorld have WiFi?
Sorry but I don't know the answer to this one.
Old 04-19-2013, 03:13 PM   #7
Barahona6
Mouseketeer

After feeding the dolphins is there a show that should be first on the list?

Old 04-19-2013, 05:04 PM   #8
angelmom27
DIS Veteran

Quote:
No just grab a map when you first get in and it has all the times and info on the back. Just find a show that is getting ready to start when you are done and head to that. The rest of the stuff you can see as you walk around the park from show to show.

I downloaded the seaworld app and love it. It updates constantly and will tell you which show is getting ready to start next and how far away it is. We use the map too but I like the app for show times cause it only gives the time of the upcoming show. So you don't have to look through all the shows and all the times.
Old 04-20-2013, 10:12 AM   #9
MelissaMouse
Getting Disney fever...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barahona6 View Post
Yes, Blue Horizons (because I work that show backstage ) and One Ocean which is the Shamu show. They both fill up fairly quickly if it is a busy day. If you have time for Pets Ahoy or Clyde and Seamore Take Pirate Island, I would do those as well because they're just adorable. A'lure you don't need to see, IMO. The other ones are better for children so they can see all the animals!

You can pet Sting Rays for free at their little pool in Key West, They just swim in circles and you can touch them! I love that.

M-E-L-I-S-S-A
M-O-U-S-E!!

I am a NEW Adventureland Merch Cast Member as of April 2013!!!

*SeaWorld Team Member*
MelissaMouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 10:39 AM   #10
Barahona6
Mouseketeer

How busy does a Friday in early May get?

Old 04-20-2013, 12:45 PM   #11
angelmom27
DIS Veteran

Quote:
How busy does a Friday in early May get?
I would think it would start to slow down a bit. Since its around the time everyone will be going back to school.

My kids love ALure and its a great show to see in the middle of the day. They only show it twice in the day and its usually after lunch time. Its indoors so its nice to get out of the heat. Also the baby will take a nap too. We love all the shows.
Old 04-20-2013, 07:34 PM   #12
Barahona6
Mouseketeer

How much spending cash should I bring for me and DD? DD doesn't eat a lot and typically will only eat 2 chix nuggets and french fries when we are out. I bring snacks, cups of fruit and bottled water. I was thinking about $60 for the day? Is that do able or should I bring extra cash?

$14 for Dolphins
$5 for sea lions
$5 for sting rays
$5 for sharks
$30 for lunch and dinner

Old 04-20-2013, 08:57 PM   #13
angelmom27
DIS Veteran

I would say 100 to be safe. 30 for lunch and dinner sounds a bit low. Trying to remember prices but I believe an adult meal alone is around 15. Also just in case you want souveniers or little extras you might find.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: