Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-18-2013, 02:58 PM   #1
Dug720
SQUIRREL!!

Dream Walking/Running track

I know that there is a "track" on I believe Deck 4? Does anyone know how many laps to a mile (as I know my GPS won't be accurate on there...though I plan to use it just to see the pattern it makes) it is?

And in a semi-related note, with the Castaway Cay 5K, would it be possible to run that path twice? I'll be in marathon training (Hartford specifically...Disney will kick in after Hartford) when we're on our trip and my weekend long run (I usually do it on Saturday which is our CC day) is supposed to be 6 miles. I wouldn't make them stay around until I finished the second lap, but is it a path you could run on your own or is it secured behind a fence?
Old 04-18-2013, 03:05 PM   #2
mrssmiddy
Mouseketeer

Sorry, I can't remember how many laps make a mile. There are signs posted on the ship that tell you, I have to look when I get there.

Yes, you can run multiple laps on the 5K. DH did it last year for the same reason. He ran 3 laps to get in a 9 mile run.

Disney Fantasy 7-Night Western Caribbean - May 2014
Disney Fantasy 7-Night Western Caribbean - October 2013
Disney Dream 5-Night - July 2012
Disney Dream 5-Night - August 2011
mrssmiddy is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-18-2013, 03:24 PM   #3
californiamomofboys
Earning My Ears

2.5 laps around deck 4 = 1 mile according to signage
californiamomofboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 03:32 PM   #4
Douvres Family
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dug720 View Post
I know that there is a "track" on I believe Deck 4? Does anyone know how many laps to a mile (as I know my GPS won't be accurate on there...though I plan to use it just to see the pattern it makes) it is?

And in a semi-related note, with the Castaway Cay 5K, would it be possible to run that path twice? I'll be in marathon training (Hartford specifically...Disney will kick in after Hartford) when we're on our trip and my weekend long run (I usually do it on Saturday which is our CC day) is supposed to be 6 miles. I wouldn't make them stay around until I finished the second lap, but is it a path you could run on your own or is it secured behind a fence?
You can definitely run the CC 5K twice. I've seen a few ppl doing it just for fun.
I'm not sure if I uploaded the picture correctly, but 2.5 laps = 1 mile. DS is in the track team and he was trying to run 5 miles each day.

WDW 1976, 1989, 1990, 1991, 1996, 1999...Puerto Rico 2000...WDW 2001, 2002...DCL Wonder 2003...Mayan Riviera MX 2007 & 2008...WDW 2009, 2010, DCL Dream 2012, DCL Dream 2013, Mayan Riviera 2013
Douvres Family is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 04:46 PM   #5
Justacruiser
Military Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dug720 View Post

As previously stated 2.5 laps on the Dream and Fantasy make a mile. As for the 6 miles on CC, it is about 3/4 of a mile from the ship back to the start line of the 5K. The 5K starts you out and you take a couple of turns, then you hit a loop that leads out to an observation deck. The loop is 1 mile and the traffic flows one direction. To get your 6 miles, you can run the 5K course as required and then loop that mile as many times as you want. So, run the 5K, turn around at the start/finish line and hit the loop a couple of times and retun back to the start/finish line. Very nice loop to run!!! Enjoy the 5K.

2014 - 4 Cruises: 2-Dream (B2B), 1-Fantasy, 1-Magic
2013 - 7 Cruises (Grand Slam): 2-Magic, 1-Fantasy, 2-Dream (B2B), 2-Wonder (B2B)
2012 - 4 Cruises: 2-Magic, 1-Fantasy, 1-Dream (non-traditional B2B Fantasy/Dream)
2011 - 4 Cruises: 2-Magic, 2-Dream
2010 - 1 Cruise: Wonder
2009 - 1 Cruise: Wonder
2003 - 1 Cruise: Wonder

Magic-7, Wonder-5, Dream-7, Fantasy-3
3 Day Cruises = 4, 4 Day Cruise = 7, 7 Day Cruises = 9, 8 Day Cruises = 2, B2B Cruises = 4, Grand Slam (4 ships 1 year) = 1 (so far)

Upcoming Cruises:
(23) 7 Night Eastern Caribbean Fantasy - 12/14
(24) 7 Night Fantasy - 10 Hawaii - Disney Wonder 2015
Justacruiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 08:49 PM   #6
JLK2001
Earning My Ears

And in a semi-related note, with the Castaway Cay 5K, would it be possible to run that path twice? I'll be in marathon training (Hartford specifically...Disney will kick in after Hartford) when we're on our trip and my weekend long run (I usually do it on Saturday which is our CC day) is supposed to be 6 miles. I wouldn't make them stay around until I finished the second lap, but is it a path you could run on your own or is it secured behind a fence?[/QUOTE]

That will be a great long run! It is very flat terrain but going around the loop feels like you are in the jungle sometimes. The airstrip gets you to and from the loop so you could always do a couple lengths of that. I saw a post on the official CC 5k thread with a link to a runners GPS route. I will look for it.

If you have Runkeeper you can search Castaway Cay 5K.

me, DH, DD 9
Disney Fantasy Western - Feb 16-23, 2013

Last edited by JLK2001; 04-18-2013 at 08:59 PM. Reason: added runkeeper info
JLK2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 06:05 AM   #7
Dug720
SQUIRREL!!

Thanks everyone!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: