DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > Purchasing DVC
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-18-2013, 07:17 PM   #16
Disneylvr4
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2princess&pirate View Post
Thank you all for your help!!!

One more question...is it acceptable to ask the seller to pay or the 2013 membership fees? They are asking for the total fee and we will not get the points until September. We'd have the pay the fees again in January 2014.

Thanks!
Heidi

If I were selling I'd agree to pay the MF's up to the point of closing. In other words, I'd counter that you pay Sept-Dec since it would be yours for that time period forward. You can always try to get them to pay the entire amount...it could happen!
Disneylvr4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 07:30 PM   #17
Bobby Pic
Earning My Ears

My AKV contract went to Disney yesterday for ROFR. 175 pts Dec UY loaded with all points 12, 13 & 14. I paid $67pp, but I got the seller to pay 2013 MF, which really made it $61.33pp the way I figure. I went with Fidelity, as they have the best prices and I think you can do more negoiating for lowest price. I will warn you that if you use Fidelity, you need to have patience. If you are in a hurry you may want to look at TSS. I am a first time buyer and I will say you can learn alot from the folks on this site. I feel they heped me save $$ and I found the contract I was looking for. Good luck to you
Bobby Pic is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-19-2013, 09:31 AM   #18
mom2princess&pirate
Mouseketeer

We did it!!! Put our offer in this morning, got a counter offer and accepted! I'm so excited!

We ended up paying $70/pt for 270 points at AKV Sept. use year. It sounds higher than others were paying but use year month was really important to us and we got exactly what we wanted!!! I guess now the real waiting begins.

We are working with Jason at The Timeshare Store and he has been GREAT!! Awesome communication and responds very quicky to emails.

Thanks again for all of your responses!
Heidi
mom2princess&pirate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 10:21 AM   #19
CarolMN
DVC Co-Moderator

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
We did it!!! Put our offer in this morning, got a counter offer and accepted! I'm so excited!

We ended up paying $70/pt for 270 points at AKV Sept. use year. It sounds higher than others were paying but use year month was really important to us and we got exactly what we wanted!!! I guess now the real waiting begins.

We are working with Jason at The Timeshare Store and he has been GREAT!! Awesome communication and responds very quicky to emails.

Heidi
Good for you! Hope you clear ROFR and can get into the system soon.

BWV - Early Morning on May 2, 2008
CarolMN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 11:39 AM   #20
Splashboat
Always looking for cheap airfare

Congratulations OP. Love AKV!!!
Splashboat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 01:10 PM   #21
psac
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Heidi
Congrtats! At that price you should be safe from ROFR. We just bought at AKL (in closing process) at a little lower, but when we bought our first contract, at BWV a few years ago, we paid a little above market for the UY, # of points, and banked points we were able to use. Getting the right contract is better than paying less for a contract that's wrong for you.
Past AKL-K Apr'14, BWV Nov'13, VWL/DCL Fantasy Sep'13, Poly CL Jul'13, AKL CL Apr'13, BWV Nov'12, BC CL Jun'12, BLT Apr'12, BWV Nov'11, CR Jul'11, BWI CL Nov'10, GF CL Apr'10, GF Apr'09, Omni Champ. Apr'07, POR Oct '03
psac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 06:05 PM   #22
gopfans
Earning My Ears

Congrats! You shouldnt have any problems with ROFR. We just closed last week on 225 pts at $63pp.

Disneyland 1/2 Marathon 2010
Wine and Dine 1/2 Marathon 2010
Disney World 1/2 Marathon 2011
Disneyland 1/2 Marathon 2011-Coast to Coast
Princess 1/2 Marathon 2012
**In Training** Disney World FULL Marathon 2013

Calling Animal Kingdom Villas Home since 2012
gopfans is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: