Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-19-2013, 01:57 AM   #31
jdb in AZ
It could end up curdled

Quote:
Originally Posted by lorenni View Post
See, I think bared shoulders at church are a complete NO. This is as subjective as the church you attend. Some DCL passengers say that proper formal night attire would be what you wear to church. What you wear to church may be completely different from what i wear. And sleeveless is not allowed at my office.

Aside from be debate about sleeveless or not - those without sleeves will freeze their bare arms off in the MDRs. So bring a little sweater to go with your shell, ladies.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetlovin' View Post
So a guy that shaves his armpits is ok and ladies puhleee shave. i was in Paris (long time ago) and saw a very classy lady with a a loaf of French bread under her arm. You could see the hair from her pit on the bread.

Sorry I couldn't resist
Quote:
Originally Posted by Torgue View Post
On 4-night cruises:
"First night: cruise casualno shorts, swimwear or tank tops
"One pirate or tropical night (deck party)
"One "dress-up night" optional!jacket for men, dress or pantsuit for women
"Final night: cruise casualno shorts, swimwear or tank tops

First time and wondered do most men wear a jacket and a tie?
The shorter cruises are more casual, and you'll find very few men in jackets and ties.
jdb in AZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 06:35 AM   #32
lorenni
DIS Veteran

[QUOTE="jdb in AZ;48148733"]

Actually the Vatican and many other European churches won't even let you in with bared shoulders.

And really? Bared shoulders are "subjective" and then in the next sentence you demand that all women follow YOUR personal preferences for grooming?

Anyways - sleeveless is clearly appropriate for women in general. As for armpit hair, plunging décolletage, backless dresses, pirate corsets or any other item - rock it if you got it!
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-19-2013, 08:14 AM   #33
nunzia
You can't top pigs with pigs, but you CAN top Toys with Toys

We ended up in less than Cruise Casual in Palo and although we apologized to everyone near enough to listen, no one seemed to care. We went to a John Lasseter presentation in John Lasseter presentation garb ie..jeans and Pixar T shirts..Talk scheduled for 45 minutes so had plenty of time to change before scheduled Palo brunch..Presentation went over 2 hours (I wouldn't have missed a minute of it) and we ended up VERY late to our reservation and felt lucky they still let us in..late and dressed poorly to boot! It was still a nice time but I think we were there at the tail end of the brunch time because offereings were skimpy. So..do your best to look nice as need be but don't panic and freak about it..in the long run no one is going to sneer at you or boot you out.
Old 04-19-2013, 10:07 AM   #34
OrangeCountyCommuter
DIS Veteran

The Fashion Police are passing judgement...

and unlike Joan Rivers they haven't even seen the clothing LOL!
OrangeCountyCommuter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 11:02 AM   #35
neg58
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lorenni View Post
See, I think bared shoulders at church are a complete NO. And sleeveless is not allowed at my office.

Aside from be debate about sleeveless or not - those without sleeves will freeze their bare arms off in the MDRs. So bring a little sweater to go with your shell, ladies.
But if you use the 'wear to church' test as a minimum, then anything you WOULD wear would be fine in the MDR. A less formal outfit may also be okay, but if you would wear it to church, you'll be okay in the MDR.

Many people wear jeans to church. I don't, but anything I would wear to church would also be okay in the MDR.

Nancy
neg58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 09:35 AM   #36
dskib
DIS Veteran

Thanks everyone. I'm not going to worry about it and just wear what feels right. I don't even own any skimpy spaghetti strap type tops!! But I'll be sure to bring a light sweater in case. Thanks for the tip
dskib is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: