Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-17-2013, 03:31 PM   #1
shyjade
DIS Veteran

Pop vs. All-Star Movies

I'm considering trying out the Pop on our next trip instead of returning to ASMo because so many Dis'ers seem to LOVE Pop.

Other than the obvious difference (no shared busses at Pop) and theming, are there any other noticeable differences between the two resorts? From the pictures I've seen, the resorts and rooms seem very much alike. Are the food courts similar too?

What makes YOU choose Pop over All Stars?
Old 04-17-2013, 03:40 PM   #2
kerstfan1
DIS Veteran

i tried pop last year loved it want to go next year and what takes me back too all star music is that i save about 200 dollar on the room
Register to remove

Old 04-17-2013, 06:37 PM   #3
Fire14
Spartan Living in land of Buckeyes.

I like combo food court/gift shop. For some reason I find it easier to walk thru gift shop at end of park day at pop than at all stars. Also I feel Pop is more centrally located.
Old 04-17-2013, 06:51 PM   #4
MamaSammy
Mouseketeer

We love POP. Stayed at All-Stars once and POP was a better experience for our family. We use Disney transportation and had better luck at POP then at All-Stars.

1999 MK Spring Break
2005 Shades of Green
2006 Poly
2010 Pop Century
2011 All Star Music
2013 Pop Century
MamaSammy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 07:41 PM   #5
lovedonald
Mouseketeer

I have stayed at both pop and all star movies. The room seemed the same size at both. Our family loves to take walks at night. You can't beat the beautiful lake at pop. It is just gorgeous at night. We also loved the all star but the lake makes pop extra special in my opinion. We live in the city so getting to see water and wildlife is fun for us!
lovedonald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 08:57 AM   #6
shyjade
DIS Veteran

Thanks everyone! I think we will give Pop a try this next time around.
Old 04-18-2013, 10:50 AM   #7
EpcotBill
DIS Veteran

The rack rate at Pop is $5 per night more than ASMo.
EpcotBill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 11:19 AM   #8
LadyTrampScamp&Angel
I'm 4 resorts away from my goal of staying at every WDW resort, including DVC!

I'm late to this thread and I know most prefer Pop but I prefer the All Stars, having stayed at both. The All Stars seem calmer to me, less guests, having 3 stories instead of 4. I've stayed at Pop a couple of times and was less than thrilled with the other guests last time - noise problems even though we were not on the pool side and an upper floor, guests being obnoxious and noticeable trash along the walkways, which I blame guests more than Disney for, sometimes I think it's hard to keep up with some people's behavior. Maybe I was unlucky that time and I WANT to love Pop as I'm a big Lady and the Tramp fan - but I chose the All Stars over it for our trip this summer.

Hope you all have better luck than I did!
Disneylandmany times CA Adventure 10/07 Seaworld CA many times Disneyland Paris7/94 USF/IOAHRH 4/01,HRH 6/06,09/08, 6/10;RPH 6/12 Seaworld FL04/08,09/08KSC4/01,6/06 Offsite DVC HHI 5/03, 10/09 WDWCBR 4/92, POFQ 8/98,Polynesian LV & Homewood Suites 12/99, ASMo 1/01,AKL 4/01,ASMo & CBR 4/02,WL & CBR 6/03,Swan 8/04,Ft Wilderness Cabins 10/05,Pop Century 6/06,Buena Vista Palace, POR 6/07; Ft. Wilderness cabin, BWV & VWL - our new home 4/08; CSR & OKW 9/08, ASMusic family suite 12/08, Ft Wilderness Cabins,AKV Kidani SV & CR MK view 7/09, BC 12/09, WL & FW Cabins 6/10, AS Sports & POFQ 4/11, SSR 6/11; POR RGR & OKW 6/12, ASSP's & CSR 6/13, Aulani 7/14 DCL Disney Magic Western Caribbean 12/09, Magic Eastern Caribbean 11/10;http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b2...l/preshow1.jpg DS in Star Wars Pre Show http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b2...emberleia1.jpg My Little Leia
LadyTrampScamp&Angel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 12:11 PM   #9
magicbob
DIS Veteran

To us, POP did not feel as much like Disney. The "icons" from each decade are cute, but we preferred staying at All-Star Movies where the "icons" were Buzz and Woody, Dalmations, Sorcerer Mickey Hat, etc. To us, that made it really feel like we were never leaving Disney.

Ratatouille, the Ride!

magicbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 01:05 PM   #10
brockash
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by magicbob View Post
To us, POP did not feel as much like Disney. The "icons" from each decade are cute, but we preferred staying at All-Star Movies where the "icons" were Buzz and Woody, Dalmations, Sorcerer Mickey Hat, etc. To us, that made it really feel like we were never leaving Disney.
We completely agree. I remember the first time we stepped into Pop to check-in, and there was a Dianna Ross song playing. I like the song, but that is just not what I want to hear when I'm walking into Disney. We much prefer ASMo to Pop, even with the buses. I will absolutely give Pop the upper-hand in the bus situation, but we didn't have a horrible time with buses at ASMo, so we're going back this year and staying at ASMo.

As a pp stated, we also had issues with noise at Pop, and we haven't when we've stayed at ASMo. The only thing I can think is that Pop is so much bigger than ASMo's, so maybe that has something to do with it. I prefer the layout, the food court (they're both similar though) and the smaller quantity of people at ASMo over Pop.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: