Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-24-2013, 09:35 PM   #346
podsnel
just skippin' around, amusing myself...

Ok- sorry I had to run out, we are in the process of squeezing every doctor/dentist appointment imaginable in in between baseball FINALLY ending and our vacation coming up in 20 DAYS!!!!!!! Tyler is having his wisdom teeth pulled tomorrow- a dear friend who is an oral surgeon is doing it down in Maryland. We are actually going home with the surgeon and sleeping at his house afterwards- how incredible is THAT?

So...back to Pirate night....

Our servers, as I think I have mentioned, were really wonderful this cruise. Francisco was our Asst Server, and he was so sweet and charming, as I am sure you can tell by all of his smiling photos-

We were ordering dessert, and he had brought a crayon trick for us- well, he brought it for the one remaining boy at the table, but, we all played with it, of course! For my dessert, I was having Banana-Chocolate Crepe - with mango coulis and coconut- it was on the sugar free menu, and whenever I have seen it on the DIS I have thought it looked interesting-

And it was....interesting! Really it was fine, but there was something i did not love about the cold crepe. Next, SOMEONE got a hat-

Then those of us who were left had a pirate pic- AAAARRRGGGHHHH!

I like that photo alot- all very nice peeps in the pic with me! More pirate pics-

He was a really sweet young man. And one more with us wenches-

We had a really nice time at dinner that night!

Anyway- we parted ways, but there was still some time to kill before the Pirate Party. So I went to

Pink to hang with some girlies. The usual suspects from the night before, and their entourage of officers. One of whom said, "Didn't I leave you three here in the same seats last night?" Yup. That's right Mr. Officer Cocktail or whatever- we never left- spent the whole day in Pink! Alex was once again making magical champagne cocktails, so tonight I tried an Elderbubble- which was St Germain and champagne. And which did not suck. Then it was probably time for the fireworks, so up on deck I went...

And if I thought it was cold at Pirate Party 1, well, I had seen nothin yet! It was positively FRIGID for Pirate Party 2! SOOOOO windy- shiver me timbers! Yea, I am very clear on the appropriate use of THAT particular term! I found a spot, kind of in a corner, to watch a little of the show-

And lo and behold, right as the fireworks were about to begin, i was joined by Timmy, Avery, and every other crazy boy from Vibe! How funny is that? A whole ship full and timmy and his friends end up standing right with me for the show. Magic!

The fireworks were really good. Ya know what was even better? Seeing Timmy, running with his Cruise -pack, smiling ear to ear- he was so happy hangin with those kids in Vibe, he was having the time of his life.

Oh- and for what it's worth- all those boys in tshirts and shorts? They were all very clear on the true meaning of "Shiver me Timbers" too!

Last edited by podsnel; 07-24-2013 at 09:49 PM.
podsnel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 09:47 PM   #347
podsnel
just skippin' around, amusing myself...

well, as soon as those fireworks were done, me and those shivering boys were outta there! I retreated back to the cabin, where this was waiting-

UGH. It's already Tiny envelope time. That's the thing about these cruises...they are all TOO FAST!!!! Especially when they are only 4 nights. Just so much fun, you never want it to end.

I changed into some warmer attire, and went back to Pink, where the usual suspects were still doing the usual...

Looks like it was dessert time-

Those little things are super yummy! I chatted a little bit, there was a really nice couple at the bar, they had been there the previous evening as well. But soon it was time to call it a day, I was actually exhausted! Could not WAIT to be rocked to sleep up there in my cabin bed-

One more sea day of cruising to go! Looks like I really am going to finish my TR before I have to start the Cali one!

podsnel is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-24-2013, 09:51 PM   #348
jedijill
Chiefs fan living in Bronco country
It was a popular place after partying on Saturday nights

I am so spending lots of time in Pink this cruise! It looks so good!

Jill in CO
Old 07-25-2013, 03:45 AM   #349
franandaj

Sharing adventures and good times
My heart is forever given to Fran

What a sweet picture of you and Timmy! Cherish these moments while you still have them!

Quote:
Originally Posted by podsnel View Post
WOW! Thank you so much Alison! How wonderful to have such a concerned friend! When I say stop for dinner, I mean a drive through, too- we were going to hit In n Out Burger, since we don't have them out here, and how can we be in CA and NOT have one?
Yeah, I tend to like In-and-Out much better than those other Guys. And if you're not familiar with the "secret menu" at In-And-Out, you might want to check it out before you go. Jenny has a thing for the animal style fries. I haven't tried it, but I'm thinking about getting a 1x2 instead of my regular cheeseburger with onions next time we go.

I'm glad you will make it safely to Santa Clarita, thus avoiding the scurge of Bakersfield! I wish I could offer you suggestions for breakfast the next morning that were creative and tasty. Many, many, many, many years ago there was a place at Lyons Avenue that made these awesome Polynesian drinks, but I'm pretty sure that place is long gone. It was so long ago that I went there before I was even 21 (fake ID).

I don't know how late you plan to get started, that's Wednesday the 21st right? The night we're getting together? But if you stop for lunch don't plan on doing it anywhere off the I5 once you pass the 110 until after you pass Lakewood/Rosemead or the 605. That whole area is not so good.

Santa Clarita to DL is only about 1 1/2-2 hours without traffic. But I'm not sure when "without traffic" happens!
Alison ~~~~ She said it wouldn't be Boring! | Our Disney Dream Home|Sleepy and Grumpy Visit Tatooine |Keep Your Eyes on the Road | I do get to go to WDW this year! | Expo 2013 | ...It's How You Play the Game | We need a little Magic... | TR - Pinch me... | Destination D-75 TR | It'll be a WONDER ... | Cheating on Mickey w/ Harry, PTR | D23 Expo 2011 TR | D23 D40 WDW in Detail | DCA F&W Review | Jan 2010 DR Visits 2015: VGC, VWL, DCL 2014: VGC, CSR, VGF, DCL 2013: VWL, BCV, DCL, AKL, BLT, VGC, 2012: VGC, DCL, 2011: VGC, BLT, OKW 2010: THV, AKV, VGC, 2009: BWV 2008: SSR, 2007: AKL & GF, 2001: AKL, BC & DCL 1997: DXL & WL 1993: GF, DL Too many to count since 1973!

franandaj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 04:02 AM   #350
dizneeat
DIS Veteran

All caught up again, Ellen.
Sorry I haven't been around much, but there are still so many things I need to get done until we leave for the US again.

Love that you got to visit Pink on a regular basis. Those little desserts that come with the champagne are sooooooo yummy!

I was really surprised to hear that it was so chilly. I would have never thought that. Well, maybe because for us going to Florida always means warmer than at home.
TR Summer 2014: We're out of it! A MAGICal Med adventure TR 2013: Get off the ship .....
Visit my other TRs/dining reviews here:

dizneeat is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 08:51 AM   #351
dvc4life
Disney is my Happy Place

What a great Pirate Night. Love that Animator's had pirate art on the walls. That would be cool. And I'm not surprised that Tim found you for the fireworks. You are an awesome MOM!
Old 07-25-2013, 07:29 PM   #352
Beth D
DIS Veteran

Love the pics! It's so great to see you and Timmy have such a great relationship, even as a teenager.

Good luck with the teeth! Hope you've got lots of jello and ice cream ready!

Looking closely at your sig, i've got a few threads to catch up on!
Old 07-25-2013, 10:27 PM   #353
MEK
DIS Veteran

Love the pirate night costumes.

Ahhh - Pink - you speak of it so often. It must be THAT good.

So you are driving to Maryland for the oral surgeon? Hope all goes well with the wisdom teeth extraction. I have video from when Nick had his done and it was hysterical. He was stoned off those meds. But he recovered super quickly. Brian, on the other hand, was in pain for days. I guess its very variable. Good luck to Tyler.

20 days to vacation! Woo Hoo! Lucky you!

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
MEK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 10:28 PM   #354
MEK
DIS Veteran

p.s. I could use that dessert right about now!

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
MEK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 10:48 PM   #355
rentayenta

There's never enough vacation time
I'm always thinking about it
I can't imagine being in it alone

Animal fries Alison.

If you haven't been to an In N Out Ellen, you must go. Best burgers ever. Simple, good.

You light 'em, they fight 'em. A DVC/Disneyland Resort PTR
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?...1#post51407145
You bet your aft we had a good time: a Disney Wonder trip report
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3260751

rentayenta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 01:57 AM   #356
MAGICFOR2
DIS Veteran

Hi Ellen! I will be back to comment on the TR, but I just wanted to deposit my 2 cents. We have driven down from Oregon many times. Sometimes we take 99 and my DB and DS both lived in Bakersfield for years. 99 all the way down would be really slower, but coming out of Yosemite it just makes sense. There were some good hotels and restaurants in Bakersfield, and you can catch the 5 just south of there in no time at all. I wouldn't go over the Grapevine at night, either. I don't think Bakersfield is quite the hole it used to be, but it isn't ultra safe either.

Harris Ranch is famous for their steaks, but the area smells so bad from the cattle stockyards that I couldn't possibly eat there. I'm still bummed that we won't get to meet up at DL!

ETA: Oops! Sorry - I see you've decided on Santa Clarita.

Last edited by MAGICFOR2; 07-26-2013 at 02:04 AM.
MAGICFOR2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 02:22 AM   #357
MAGICFOR2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by franandaj View Post
What a sweet picture of you and Timmy! Cherish these moments while you still have them!

Yeah, I tend to like In-and-Out much better than those other Guys. And if you're not familiar with the "secret menu" at In-And-Out, you might want to check it out before you go. Jenny has a thing for the animal style fries. I haven't tried it, but I'm thinking about getting a 1x2 instead of my regular cheeseburger with onions next time we go.

I'm glad you will make it safely to Santa Clarita, thus avoiding the scurge of Bakersfield! I wish I could offer you suggestions for breakfast the next morning that were creative and tasty. Many, many, many, many years ago there was a place at Lyons Avenue that made these awesome Polynesian drinks, but I'm pretty sure that place is long gone. It was so long ago that I went there before I was even 21 (fake ID).

I don't know how late you plan to get started, that's Wednesday the 21st right? The night we're getting together? But if you stop for lunch don't plan on doing it anywhere off the I5 once you pass the 110 until after you pass Lakewood/Rosemead or the 605. That whole area is not so good.

Santa Clarita to DL is only about 1 1/2-2 hours without traffic. But I'm not sure when "without traffic" happens!
Now you're talkin' - In N Out is our first restaurant of choice on every trip to Cali! I love the fries animal style - and don't forget to order your burger animal style too! It is just a little plain without it. I love the chocolate shake, too. Might as well not order a diet soda when you are already belly up, right?
Old 07-26-2013, 02:28 AM   #358
MAGICFOR2
DIS Veteran

Ok, all caught up now! Good thing I caught you before you left! I can't believe your trip is in 19 days! I'm really looking forward to reading all about it!
I can't believe those people were so terrible to Timmy after knocking him over - and then the stroller lady - he's trying to be nice and go around her and then she has the nerve, too?
Wow! Love the pirate pics in animators! So Looks like you had a great time, even if you got dumped again! Too bad it was so cold for the party - I know how that is from the Canada cruise - it would have been funny if it wasn't so miserable. Proud of you for getting this one finished before the next one, but sad you only have one day left.
Old 07-26-2013, 02:20 PM   #359
marquislaura
Mouseketeer

Can't wait to go to PINK!!!! Thanks for the TR and Pics.
marquislaura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 02:47 PM   #360
englishrose47
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizneeat View Post
All caught up again, Ellen.
Sorry I haven't been around much, but there are still so many things I need to get done until we leave for the US again.

Love that you got to visit Pink on a regular basis. Those little desserts that come with the champagne are sooooooo yummy!

I was really surprised to hear that it was so chilly. I would have never thought that. Well, maybe because for us going to Florida always means warmer than at home.
Glad you are okay Karin I was getting worried about you!!!! No posts on yours or anyone's threads in a while !!! But August is fast approaching!!!
[/B][/URL]
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3051652Where will Rosie Roam in 2013
[
[http://www.disboards.com/showthread....2#post50321302 Rosie Roamings in 2014
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3212398 Belly Dancing and Bus Mojo The Grannie Trip

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3278536 Let's Meet in the Dump Shop
englishrose47 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: