Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-15-2013, 04:18 PM   #226
podsnel
just skippin' around, amusing myself...

Ok- coconut shrimp, which was perfection, pasta with Bolognese, also really good, polenta and string beans-

Also had a little sushi-

Timmy went with the lunch of champions-

That was not going to cut it as far as I was concerned, so while I went to get a couple of crab claws, cuke salad and mango salsa-

I picked this up for Tim-

And he enjoyed every bite!

A little side bar on Timmy- he is graduating from 8th Grade next week, so there have been a ton of year end things going on- last night was the dance, and yesterday morning were the 8th Grade Awards. Not only did he yell and wave to me when I went up on the stage (I am the Pres so I get to hand out 2 scholarships), rather than hiding in humiliation because I was even THERE...like Tyler probably did when I went up for his grade a couple of years ago.... he also gave me the big 2 thumbs up on my speech- very sweet. But what was REALLY cool about that awards, was that Timmy got 2- one was just to acknowledge his involvement in a group called Heroes, that collected food for Sandy victims in NJ. A very nice thing. The second award was the citizenship award- that is the award they give to the kids who help out around the school- the kids who are the peacemakers, the ambassadors, the ones who help others navigate what the Asst. Principal called the Disneyland of middle school with a very diverse group of students. Very, very proud of him. Turns out, Timmy really IS a good kid!

So I guess at some point after that, I did go to see Alex (who I will see in just a few days in NYC ) who informed me he needed a different key, I got it for him, and he went off to Vibe. Me? I had more alone time....

Ahhhhhh........

Soon enough, it was time to get ready for dinner- tonight we would be dining in the Royal Palace!

Last edited by podsnel; 06-15-2013 at 08:33 PM.
podsnel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 06:39 PM   #227
KristiMc
DIS Veteran

Coconut shrimp looks very yummy. Congrats to Timmy on his awards!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-15-2013, 08:34 PM   #228
podsnel

Quote:
Originally Posted by KristiMc View Post
Coconut shrimp looks very yummy. Congrats to Timmy on his awards!
Thank you!!!
Old 06-16-2013, 07:36 AM   #229
MAGICFOR2
DIS Veteran

What a nice relaxing port day! I'm thinking that Nassau is not such a popular place anymore - I wonder if they will find a new place to stop anytime soon? Too bad Tim had so much trouble getting into the kid's club. Cute pic of you at the horn. I was thinking it would not be a good time for them to do the "drill."
Well, that looks like a really nice buffet - coconut shrimp and sushi! Yumm! Fun pic of the servers!
Congrats to Timmy and to YOU for raising such a fine young man - feels good doesn't it? Good luck in the big baseball rush that is Summer! Nice to know you'll be able to come up for air for your trip in August!
MAGICFOR2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2013, 08:06 AM   #230
2xcited2sleep
DIS Veteran

Congratulations to Tim on his awards!

Really looks like you had a great day. Staying onboard the ship was a good call!

2xcited2sleep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2013, 08:29 AM   #231
starousse
DIS Veteran

Loving your trip report.
starousse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 12:49 PM   #233
CRdisMom
DIS Veteran

Okay so Nassau is in the Bahamas. Is Atlantis worth making a special trip for?

CRdisMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 11:11 AM   #234
Nora03
Mouseketeer

Hi Ellen
Just stopping by to tell you how much I enjoy your trip reports. Way to go Timmy on your awards!

One of our grandson's is staying with us for a few months, until school and baseball season is over, and he sounds just like Timmy. His parents got new jobs in another city three hours away. He's on a AAA baseball team and plays hockey in the winter (goalie) like many canadian boys. We are so proud of him too. We are so busy with games/practices every night, tournaments on the weekends, etc. I don't know how I did it when my kids were young. We're retired now, so have lots of time for games, etc., but it is still tiring. So, I understand how busy you must be, with three growing/active boys!

By the way, I'm a grandma and I certainly know better to alternate purchasing wine for the table on a cruise!

Thanks again for giving us many hours of enjoyment with your trip reports. I love, love, love reading them! You have given me lots of great tips for our trips to WDW and even for our trip last year to NYC. I don't know why I haven't posted before, but want you to know that there are probably many people like me enjoying your reports.

Nora
Nora03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 12:51 AM   #235
rndmr2
DIS Veteran

Congrats to Timmy for his awards!

Love the pics of Nassau! That water is so pretty.

That Mini golf course looks fun!

Love the pics you take of your toes! Can't go wrong with a little pool time and proof you were there, LOL!

8/1985--Days Inn Sand Lake Rd, 8/1987-- Wilson World, 12/1987-- Contemporary, 8/1989-- Caribbean Beach, 12/1989-- Port Orleans (now POFQ), 7/1990-- Caribbean Beach, 6/1991-- Carribbean Beach (Senior Week!), 8/1992-- Port Orleans (Now POFQ), 9/1995--All Star Music, August 1998-- Dixie Landings -Alligator Bayou (now PO Riverside), 7/1999-- All Star Movies, 11/2004-- Pop Century, 5/2010 POR Magnolia Bend, 5/2011 Saratoga Springs Resort
rndmr2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 08:46 PM   #236
RGirl
DIS Veteran

Hi Ellen! I got WAY behind on all things DIS, but I am caught up now.

How amazing about your table-mates. And how great! I can't imagine how unpleasant it would be to be sat with folks who were unfriendly or with whom you had nothing in common.

How wonderful about Timmy's award. You must be so proud!

Thanks for all the updates - I am going to try to stay caught up better. Life - always getting in the way.....

Quote:
You can substitute the French fries for any starch- so you can take away the mashed potatoes on something else and request the fries-

Hmm, I may just have salmon with french fries! I mean, we are eating at TWO steakhouses already, so it is very possible I won't be able to stand the thought of another steak. We shall see.....

I like enjoying the ship, too- and I prefer the eastern over the western like you- it's just so pretty on the eastern! On the Western, we did really enjoy Cozumel, though, because they have all-inclusives for the day that are pretty reasonable (We did Nachi Cocum, but I hear Mr Sanchos is also good), just in case you get a little wanderlust in port.

I am really enjoying the pictures of the pools and such on your port day. Gives me some hope that DD will be able to enjoy the kids pool or family pool without it being a crowded mess if we stay ont eh ship.

That's so cute!!!! Wait until she sees the clubs- OMG, they are AMAZING!!!!!! It will be in my next few updates, because when Timmy took a nap, I toured the kids clubs- and was COMPLETELY blown away!

Your club pics were great! I showed them to DD - she is just out of her mind to go. Too bad she has a bit (48 days plus a week in WDW) before she gets onboard.

Thanks! I have a little break in baseball, although PTA is in full swing right now, between year end stuff and training my replacement as President (and she's one of my close friends, so the training is a nice thing to look forward to!). So I should be doing more updates.

There's that life again - always getting in the way!
RGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 12:11 PM   #237
englishrose47
DIS Veteran

I think Royal Palace was my favorite restautant !!! Cabanas buffet the day we boarded was pretty darn good also!!!!
[/B][/URL]
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3051652Where will Rosie Roam in 2013
[
[http://www.disboards.com/showthread....2#post50321302 Rosie Roamings in 2014
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3212398 Belly Dancing and Bus Mojo The Grannie Trip

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3278536 Let's Meet in the Dump Shop
englishrose47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 09:32 AM   #238
podsnel

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAGICFOR2 View Post
What a nice relaxing port day! I'm thinking that Nassau is not such a popular place anymore - I wonder if they will find a new place to stop anytime soon? Too bad Tim had so much trouble getting into the kid's club. Cute pic of you at the horn. I was thinking it would not be a good time for them to do the "drill."
Well, that looks like a really nice buffet - coconut shrimp and sushi! Yumm! Fun pic of the servers!
Congrats to Timmy and to YOU for raising such a fine young man - feels good doesn't it? Good luck in the big baseball rush that is Summer! Nice to know you'll be able to come up for air for your trip in August!
Hi Tammie!

I found a foodie tour to do in Nassau when we go with other couples next October- so I would get off the ship for that. And I would go hang at Sandals or somewhere like that for the day- but in general, I agree- I wish there was somewhere new to go on these quickie cruises. Too bad we can't go to Key West instead. I'd be all for that! But I think the Dream is too big for that port, anyway.

And yes, it does feel very good to know Timmy is headed in the right direction- thanks!
Old 06-28-2013, 09:34 AM   #239
podsnel

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2xcited2sleep View Post
Congratulations to Tim on his awards!

Really looks like you had a great day. Staying onboard the ship was a good call!
Thank you! And yes, it was a very relaxing day!
Old 06-28-2013, 09:35 AM   #240
podsnel

Quote:
Originally Posted by starousse View Post
Loving your trip report.
Thank you! Sorry for the long break again- I am in NC with Tyler for baseball and just brought my ipad-

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: