Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts > Disney Discount Codes and Rates
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-08-2013, 09:06 AM   #751
Deb123
Mouseketeer

So, playing around with AP rates yesterday. It just didn't sit well with me that I couldn't add on 1 more day to AOA. I really didn't want to move for just one last night. So, amazingly when I checked yesterday afternoon, YC had all of a sudden opened up for the whole 5 nights. YC is still expensive, but really not much more than what I was paying for AOA after the AP was applied. And I did end up saving a pretty satisfying amount in comparison to the GP discount. I have changed this last leg of our trip now from FQ to AOA and now finially YC, those CM's prob think I am crazy! But hubby really wanted to be mostly in the Epcot area for F&W, he has a beverage seminar booked for almost every day. I just cannot book unless I feel like I am getting a good discount, though! So now everyone is happy (well, the 11 yr old is kinda bummed there is no AOA, but he is mighty happy about Pop still-it's his fav!) We ended up with 6 nights at BC in a standard room, 3 nights at Pop in preferred pool view, and last 5 nights at YC in a lagoon/water view. MB's for the whole trip, good discounts, and now I feel satisfied!
Deb123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 07:30 AM   #752
Mom2JoeyandBen
Mouseketeer

I was able to get a better deal through cheaptickets.com than the passholder rate. Also, they had rooms/dates available that WDW CR did not have available. I have never experienced that before. Just as WDW coming out with general public rates before AP rates. Times are changing I guess...

Anybody have that happen to them before?

My Three Little Mickeys
Joey (10) , Ben (7) , and Nicholas (10 months)
Mom2JoeyandBen is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-09-2013, 01:47 PM   #753
ashleyrm
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deb123 View Post
So, playing around with AP rates yesterday. It just didn't sit well with me that I couldn't add on 1 more day to AOA. I really didn't want to move for just one last night. So, amazingly when I checked yesterday afternoon, YC had all of a sudden opened up for the whole 5 nights. YC is still expensive, but really not much more than what I was paying for AOA after the AP was applied. And I did end up saving a pretty satisfying amount in comparison to the GP discount. I have changed this last leg of our trip now from FQ to AOA and now finially YC, those CM's prob think I am crazy! But hubby really wanted to be mostly in the Epcot area for F&W, he has a beverage seminar booked for almost every day. I just cannot book unless I feel like I am getting a good discount, though! So now everyone is happy (well, the 11 yr old is kinda bummed there is no AOA, but he is mighty happy about Pop still-it's his fav!) We ended up with 6 nights at BC in a standard room, 3 nights at Pop in preferred pool view, and last 5 nights at YC in a lagoon/water view. MB's for the whole trip, good discounts, and now I feel satisfied!
Woohoo!!!!!
March 1994 - Poly; 1995 - CBR; Nov 1997 - All Star Music; Dec 1998 - Beach Club; Aug 1999 - Dixie Landings; July 2002 - POR; Summer 2003 - ASMo; Nov 2004 - POR; April 2005 - OKW Jan 2009 - Port Orleans French Quarter; ; Feb 2009 - POR; Mar/Apr 2009 - BC; May 2009 - POFQ; Nov 2009 - Pop; Mar 2011 - All Star Movies; Apr 2012 - POR; Aug 2012 - ASMu; Dec 2012 - CSR; Feb 2013 - ASSports; May 2013- POFQ; Oct 2013 -CSR; Dec 2013 - ASSports; Feb '14 - AKL; Apr '14 - POP; May '14 - SSR treehouse
ashleyrm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 01:56 PM   #754
ashleyrm
DIS Veteran

This whole Fall AP rate thing is crazy. I made a reservation on line last week for 12/6 - 12/9 at All Star Sports and the reservation says "Passholder Discounted Fall Room Rate" however after I looked at it, I realized that the rate for 12/6 and 12/7 was the RACK rate of $118/night and only the Sunday night (12/8) was discounted to $78.40 (plus tax). After a completely wasted call to WDW, I played around with the website and was able to get Fri 12/6 for the AP rate of $ 94.40 (plus tax), but not the Sat night.

So now I have two reservations and I need to call and modify the existing 12/6-12/9 reservation to drop the first night.

The CM at WDW call center had no idea what was going on. Said she couldn't find any standards rooms at AP discount for any of those nights. Also said they can only see the total charge on their computers and not the per night charge which seems a little ridiculous to me.

The whole ordeal is saving me a whopping $26.67 which will buy a few dark chocolate sea salt caramels...
March 1994 - Poly; 1995 - CBR; Nov 1997 - All Star Music; Dec 1998 - Beach Club; Aug 1999 - Dixie Landings; July 2002 - POR; Summer 2003 - ASMo; Nov 2004 - POR; April 2005 - OKW Jan 2009 - Port Orleans French Quarter; ; Feb 2009 - POR; Mar/Apr 2009 - BC; May 2009 - POFQ; Nov 2009 - Pop; Mar 2011 - All Star Movies; Apr 2012 - POR; Aug 2012 - ASMu; Dec 2012 - CSR; Feb 2013 - ASSports; May 2013- POFQ; Oct 2013 -CSR; Dec 2013 - ASSports; Feb '14 - AKL; Apr '14 - POP; May '14 - SSR treehouse
ashleyrm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 03:36 PM   #755
LiloH
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom2JoeyandBen View Post
I was able to get a better deal through cheaptickets.com than the passholder rate. Also, they had rooms/dates available that WDW CR did not have available. I have never experienced that before. Just as WDW coming out with general public rates before AP rates. Times are changing I guess...

Anybody have that happen to them before?
I just did something similar. After waiting for ages for the AP rate to come out I was able to snag a better deal using Travelocity. For the same price I could switch from a pool view at AKL to StV AKL BUT with a fifth night added. It's like getting one night for free.

I also had no issues with the MDE stuff and Travelocity. It let me link my reservation immediately, do online check-in and customize my Magic Bands. It even kept my FastPass+ stuff that I had done under the original reservation.
LiloH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 07:35 PM   #756
Deb123
Mouseketeer

Just in case anyone has been looking, a standard room at BWI opened up today on the AP site for dates in Oct. Pretty good savings for F&W. I have been checking the site constantly and there was previous no availability. It's the cheapest Epcot resort right now.
Old 09-10-2013, 02:38 PM   #757
Deb123
Mouseketeer

Wow, I finially was able to check the nondiscounted rates on my savings. With the BB on my BC 6 night stay, I saved $993. With the BB on Pop 3 night stay, I saved $120. And with the AP rate on a 5 night YC stay, I saved $978. Grand total saved $ 2091!!!!!
Old 09-18-2013, 08:45 PM   #758
jnfr2424
I'm Tink I got my Peter Pan and together we love to fly away to Neverland!

I noticed today that the dates I could not get AP rates on were available today. They must have opened up some more rooms

jnfr2424 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 08:58 PM   #759
Catrinabeach
DIS Veteran

Is there a way to find out what kind of discount an AP gives you to see if it's worth getting one for a discount before buying it ?

We are going this year and will be going back a second time before the year is up but not sure if we should get an AP or just go with a package with free dining. If we got a decent discount on AKL or the Poly I may decide to do that instead lol
Old 09-18-2013, 09:12 PM   #760
jennyjinx3
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catrinabeach View Post
Is there a way to find out what kind of discount an AP gives you to see if it's worth getting one for a discount before buying it ?

We are going this year and will be going back a second time before the year is up but not sure if we should get an AP or just go with a package with free dining. If we got a decent discount on AKL or the Poly I may decide to do that instead lol
When we bought our AP's that were activated in May, we already had savings alone on the PH tickets that we would have bought for our May and November trips. Even with a general public room only offer, we save. If an AP discount comes out it usually is about 5% more then the general public offer.

Plus, we have enjoyed the benefits of the Tables in Wonderland card which passholders can purchase which gives you 20% off participating restaurant bills. That way we can eat the way we want, not the way the dining plan tells us.

Now the added bonus is trying to squeeze in that third trip in one year....now that is savings right??
Old 09-18-2013, 09:26 PM   #761
DisneyDmbNut

When You Wish Upon A Star...
WL Vet

Quote:
Originally Posted by jnfr2424 View Post
I noticed today that the dates I could not get AP rates on were available today. They must have opened up some more rooms
Yep.. Fl res rates hit

DisneyDmbNut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 11:19 PM   #762
harbin
Mouseketeer

Hi
Just wondering if we can book AP rate if we know we are upgrading to one while in WDW? Or do we have to be AP holders before we book?
Thanks!
harbin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 08:42 AM   #763
Cinderumbrella
Wench

Quote:
Originally Posted by harbin View Post
Hi
Just wondering if we can book AP rate if we know we are upgrading to one while in WDW? Or do we have to be AP holders before we book?
Thanks!
Yes you can. You will have to go back to front desk to show the AP after you have it to prove you are eligible for the rate.

ETA: And thanks jnfr2424 for the heads up about more rooms showing up. I was just able to switch us to our beloved YC for our November trip!!
The Contemporary September 2010~The Contemporary June 2010~ Grand Floridian RPC December 2009~The Contemporary June 2009~ Grand Floridian December 2008~
Pop Century May 2008~Grand Floridian August 2007~Animal Kingdom Lodge December 2006~ Port Orleans Riverside October 2005~Beach Club February 2000~
Grand Floridian August 1997

Cinderumbrella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 03:01 PM   #764
tebookie
WDW FAN

Could someone check for the following AP rates:
Nov 29-Dec 2 at
All Star Movies or similar
Port Orleans Riverside
Boardwalk

Thanks!
Old 11-12-2013, 03:19 PM   #765