Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Rumors and News
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-02-2013, 12:04 PM   #16
mvk
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lewisc View Post
Don't you think guests at a Marvel themed hotel will want to spend a day or two riding the Marvel movies? Not sure that's a good idea.

A Blue Sky thread isn't complete without a discussion about extending the monorail or going with a pod system. I think Disney is skipping intermediate technology and is waiting for teleportation.

I think the Jungle Cruise and Indy Speedway are "holding a place" for future attractions.

I think Disney will find a place for World of Color (5-7 years max)

New resort where River Country was?

I'm sure Disney would love Apple as a sponsor. Apple has to see a benefit.

Start charging guests for parking. Cars are used for "bad things". Visiting "other" theme parks. Buying under priced soda and "fun foods" at places like Target. Dining at restaurants which don't set prices to the Disney market.
I think it will draw people who love Marvel who usually stay closer to Universal to ride those rides, actually. Marvel is pretty male-centric as well, and if its used as a backdoor resort to DHS, with say, a CarsLand and/or Star Wars Land, two other male-centric franchises, I think that will be a big draw to people who might not otherwise stay at Disney.

Add a Marvel character meal restaurant to the resort, and that place would be extremely popular.

I might be wrong, but I feel like the Jungle Cruise and the Indy Speedway are two things that will not be changed or taken out of the Magic Kingdom. There is a 'Speedway' in every main Disney Park, and the Jungle Cruise is classic Disney. I feel like those two will always be there.
mvk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 01:10 AM   #17
mlips09
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by mvk View Post
Not news or rumors, but figured it would work here. Just want to see people throw out some ideas/thoughts on some things that could happen in the future at WDW. Not necessarily stuff that has been rumored (CarsLand or StarWars Land) but new ideas. Just to throw some stuff out there -

1. In 10-15 years, next MK expansion will be New Frontierland, north of Big Thunder Mtn, across the waterway. Will include Lone Ranger attraction, Woody's Roundup 3D (or newer technology) show, and a table service steakhouse.

2. In 5-7 years, one or two table service restaurants per park will be excluded from the DDP, except for the top line DDP. This will include menus unique to the restaurants, where you can't get the same items elsewhere in the parks.

3. In 5-7 years, Disney will partner with Google, Apple, or Facebook to completely renovate Innoventions East and West.

4. The next new (non-DVC addition ala Grand Floridian) resort will be another value suites, like Art of Animation. Disney will capitalize on Marvel in Florida by not having them in theme parks, but at a resort. This will include Spiderman, IronMan, Thor, Hulk, Captain America, X-Men, etc. They can do this because the agreement only includes theme parks. This is why they were able to wrap the monorail in the Avengers and Iron Man skins for the MK resorts loop (but not on the Epcot line).

5. 10-15 years after Avatarland is complete, Disney will expand Animal Kingdom to the east with Australia (yes, I know there are rumors of Australia in AK). Finding Nemo theater will be the entrance to the land, which will include a dolphin water show, a walk-through like Maharajah Jungle Trek that includes kangaroos, crocodiles, wallaby, dingo's, tasmanian devils, koala bears, tree frogs, etc. It will also include 2 rides and a table service seafood restaurant.

So, what are your ideas/dreams?
2014 DHS adds Monster's Inc Coaster, Imcredibles or Meet the Robinsons simulator ride. Also, a family coaster/dark ride that follows crush through the EAC.

2015 Epcot announces a new pavilion to take over Imagination called Spy Pavilion. The whole pavilion will pay tribute to espionage and how intelligence plays a huge part in our world ala the spy museum. Disney can do what they do best, storytelling. The merchandise would create and sell itself.

2016 MK announces plan to add New Orleans to new fantasyland with a Princess and the Frog boat ride, Tiana's Place restaurant with animatronic Louie and live Jazz. Also, a friends on the other side coaster. In the same year Star Wars land opens at DHS with an e ticket dual track coaster where guests can pick the dark side or the ways of the Jedi.

2018 Avatarland has been completed a couple of years and disney announces new expansion in DAK for Australia, Ocean and Antarctic themed lands to be completed over the next 10+ years.

Just wishes that I'm sure none would ever happen.

Last edited by mlips09; 05-22-2013 at 11:03 PM.
mlips09 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: