Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-19-2013, 09:55 PM   #16
g3pak
DIS Veteran

Wasn't interested in this until I read this thread and did more investigating. Now I want to do get this for my wife.

So....is it possible to buy several one day passes, or will they only allow us to use one or two per person per cruise?
g3pak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 10:06 PM   #17
g3pak
DIS Veteran

Ok, another question. I saw a review that says the Rainforest Room is co-ed. Is all of it co-ed, or are the saunas and showers single sex and the heated tile loungers and whirlpool tubs co-ed? My wife is more interested in doing this if we can do it together.
g3pak is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-19-2013, 10:08 PM   #18
traylork
Earning My Ears

You can't always get the passes on the DCL website for the classic ships; but you can call the number for gifts and order them that way- $16 per day.
traylork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 10:09 PM   #19
traylork
Earning My Ears

Also, the saunas and fitness center are free on the classic ships; just the rainforest room is extra.
traylork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 01:02 AM   #20
tinkerone
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by g3pak View Post
Wasn't interested in this until I read this thread and did more investigating. Now I want to do get this for my wife.

So....is it possible to buy several one day passes, or will they only allow us to use one or two per person per cruise?
you can buy as many or as few as you wish. if you do plan on using a lot you may want to price out the longer passes but if its just a day or two, day passes pre-ordered are the way to go imo. much cheaper than buying while on board.
enjoy!
tinkerone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 05:20 AM   #21
tink,too
DIS Veteran

I've been thinking about this alot over the last week or two, so this thread has been very helpful - thank you.

Think I'm gonna order a few for DH and I to use on our Alaskan cruise. Heated loungers sound inviting after a day standing on deck viewing the glaciers.
tink,too is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 05:38 AM   #22
AustralianJetsetter
Mouseketeer

So can I just clarify, if my DH & I want to go to Rainforest area together, I just buy two one day passes right? We will use them on the day at sea.
AustralianJetsetter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 05:53 AM   #23
neg58
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by g3pak View Post
Ok, another question. I saw a review that says the Rainforest Room is co-ed. Is all of it co-ed, or are the saunas and showers single sex and the heated tile loungers and whirlpool tubs co-ed? My wife is more interested in doing this if we can do it together.

The entire Rainforest is co-ed, which includes the sauna, steam rooms, specialty showers, loungers, and on the Dream/Fantasy the hot tub. There are additional (traditional) showers and (at least on the Wonder) a dry sauna in the locker room that is single-sex, but you don't need a Rainforest pass for those.

Nancy
neg58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 07:16 AM   #24
oklamomof4boys
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by m&m's mom View Post
The Magic was $17 per day w.out the scrubs. Just did it on Monday.
This frustrates me. That is what I thought it was supposed to be but when we were on the Magic a month ago they told that a day pass was $27! Also, the $101 was for the length of the 4 night cruise for a couple- at least that is what they told us. That is what we ended up doing. Seems like they aren't telling people the same prices!

Nathan's magical wish trip- Pre trip report [/U]
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1866940
WDW twice including Nathan's MAW trip to WDW
8 cruises and counting- almost Platinum!
Disneyland- over 14 times and counting
oklamomof4boys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 08:32 AM   #25
m&m's mom
Waiting for the waterless cruise
I really am quite evil

Quote:
Originally Posted by oklamomof4boys View Post
This frustrates me. That is what I thought it was supposed to be but when we were on the Magic a month ago they told that a day pass was $27! Also, the $101 was for the length of the 4 night cruise for a couple- at least that is what they told us. That is what we ended up doing. Seems like they aren't telling people the same prices!
I did not realize there even was an option for the "scrubs" but when I was in the Rainforest Room the spa person saw a small net bag and said "Oh gosh, someone must have left their scrub. I wonder if they are coming back". I did not think anything about it but when it was 2 hours later and I was still the only one in there, I went and looked at it. It looks like a flat loofah type pad and some small (maybe 4 ozs at most) containers that must have been the scrubs.
I don't get paying the extra $10 for the "scrubs". You are in a semi-public room so not sure what you do w. them; put them on in front of everyone and then go into one of the showers?
I used the Rainforest room because it was raining and a sea day so it felt good to warm up. I would love to use them in Alaska next summer but I bet they will be packed.
Old 04-20-2013, 09:05 AM   #26
Lisa Lisa
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by AustralianJetsetter View Post
So can I just clarify, if my DH & I want to go to Rainforest area together, I just buy two one day passes right? We will use them on the day at sea.
That is correct. If you call, they will ask if you want a message printed on the card. I ordered two passes for DH and I to use in September, and I asked them to print "Happy Anniversary" on the card. The passes will be in your stateroom when you arrive in your room. You can use them on whichever day you'd like. They will put a small sticker on your KTTW card the first time you go in, and you can go back as many times as you'd like that same day.

There are really nice single-sex locker rooms with regular showers (including shampoo, conditioner, body wash, and even disposable razors). The RR is a separate area that you need a special key to access. This is the case for the Fantasy, anyway.

Disney Dream ~ February 12-16, 2012
Disney Fantasy ~ March 23-30, 2013
Disney Dream ~ September 1-5, 2013 * Trip Report: Living the Suite Life on the Dream ~ Sept. 1-5, 2013
Disney Fantasy ~ April 19-26, 2014
Lisa Lisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 09:31 AM   #27
AustralianJetsetter
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisa Lisa View Post
That is correct. If you call, they will ask if you want a message printed on the card. I ordered two passes for DH and I to use in September, and I asked them to print "Happy Anniversary" on the card. The passes will be in your stateroom when you arrive in your room. You can use them on whichever day you'd like. They will put a small sticker on your KTTW card the first time you go in, and you can go back as many times as you'd like that same day.

There are really nice single-sex locker rooms with regular showers (including shampoo, conditioner, body wash, and even disposable razors). The RR is a separate area that you need a special key to access. This is the case for the Fantasy, anyway.

Thank you so much Lisa. That sounds lovely having a special message on the card :-) This is defs on my list!!
AustralianJetsetter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 01:50 PM   #28
lbgraves
Little Cinderella's Mommy
The bad news is...they are driving me nuts!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by m&m's mom View Post
I did not realize there even was an option for the "scrubs" but when I was in the Rainforest Room the spa person saw a small net bag and said "Oh gosh, someone must have left their scrub. I wonder if they are coming back". I did not think anything about it but when it was 2 hours later and I was still the only one in there, I went and looked at it. It looks like a flat loofah type pad and some small (maybe 4 ozs at most) containers that must have been the scrubs.
I don't get paying the extra $10 for the "scrubs". You are in a semi-public room so not sure what you do w. them; put them on in front of everyone and then go into one of the showers?
There was no one else in the sauna either day when I went to the RF on our cruise, even when I went back one of the afternoons. The CM told me that after sitting in the steam sauna for about 5 minutes to pour water on your skin then use the scrub, rinse off using the bucket/scoop then lay down for a bit if you wanted to. I used the scrub on my feet, legs and arms. You were able to get the container refilled. I brought home the extra.

Magic: E 11/15/2003, W 12/4/2004, E 12/10/2005, W DD w/ CM 12/9/2006, EBPC 8/2008, W 1/8/2011
Wonder: 3N 1/11/2010, Alaska 7/26/11
Fantasy: MV W w/ CM 3/31/2012, E w/ SJ 3/23/2013

DCL 2016 Opening Day Pricing Thread Pt 1: January - April
DCL 2015 Opening Day Pricing Thread #3 August - December
DCL 2015 Opening Day Pricing Thread #2 April - August

Past Opening Day Pricing Threads
lbgraves is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: