Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 04-10-2013, 09:51 PM   #1
Karlzmom
DIS Veteran
 
Karlzmom's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 2,438

Starting to tune in to Bands..so what's the deal?/

I caught that you get to go through the turnstiles more easily, but how does the whole FP thing work with the bands? I keep seeing posts saying the entire band program is not up and running yet, what is still to come? Do we have an ETA yet? We don't go until December, but I figured I better start paying attention if I hope to have any fluency for the worst-week-of-the-year. TIA!
__________________
= ME, 42= DH, 68 = DS, 8
POLY 2006 & 2008 YACHT CLUB 2008 & 2009
BWI 2011 OKW 2011WL 2011
AKV 2012, 2013 & 2014 BWV 2013
Disney Wonder to Alaska 2014
Back to Alaska on the Wonder in 2015

KATIE Yes, I'm the Jeopardy! champ......
Karlzmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 10:06 PM   #2
mesaboy2
Using a certain word brings out a special kind of cray-cray

 
mesaboy2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Posts: 26,705

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karlzmom View Post
I caught that you get to go through the turnstiles more easily, but how does the whole FP thing work with the bands? I keep seeing posts saying the entire band program is not up and running yet, what is still to come? Do we have an ETA yet? We don't go until December, but I figured I better start paying attention if I hope to have any fluency for the worst-week-of-the-year. TIA!
We don't know--it's all set firmly in mud--and we don't have an ETA. Check back in another few months and see if anything's changed.
mesaboy2 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 04-10-2013, 10:06 PM   #3
Robo
Attention: There's a '71 Castle in the Hub with its lights on!
 
Robo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: In the Magic Mirror, I'm closer than I appear.
Posts: 78,779

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karlzmom View Post
how does the whole FP thing work with the bands? TIA!
You'll get FP's either via electronic reservations, or by tapping the bands on the new FP "machines."
__________________
.


.
Robo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 10:12 PM   #4
letsgoreds
DIS Veteran
 
letsgoreds's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Seattle, WA
Posts: 1,443

Whats interesting to me about those bands that should not be named...is that it significantly changes touring strategy for me. I plan on hopping much more, and booking FP for the evening when they are few and far between. Rope drop (with minimal lines) at one park, and then potentially FP usage at park #2 in the evening. This impacts dining reservations...so we're planning on making most TS reservations for lunch, and leaving dinner up to chance!

That is the fun with making reservations 6 months in advance, and no clue what is up with the bands (that shall not be named).
letsgoreds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 10:29 PM   #5
mom2mickeyfan
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 1,593

Quote:
Originally Posted by letsgoreds View Post
Whats interesting to me about those bands that should not be named...is that it significantly changes touring strategy for me. I plan on hopping much more, and booking FP for the evening when they are few and far between. Rope drop (with minimal lines) at one park, and then potentially FP usage at park #2 in the evening. This impacts dining reservations...so we're planning on making most TS reservations for lunch, and leaving dinner up to chance!

That is the fun with making reservations 6 months in advance, and no clue what is up with the bands (that shall not be named).
I believe this is what most of us plan to do. Let's hope there are enough of those evening FPs to go around!
mom2mickeyfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 07:21 AM   #6
eeyorepixie
AKA Queenie
 
eeyorepixie's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 1,388

Quote:
Originally Posted by letsgoreds View Post
Whats interesting to me about those bands that should not be named...is that it significantly changes touring strategy for me. I plan on hopping much more, and booking FP for the evening when they are few and far between. Rope drop (with minimal lines) at one park, and then potentially FP usage at park #2 in the evening. This impacts dining reservations...so we're planning on making most TS reservations for lunch, and leaving dinner up to chance!

That is the fun with making reservations 6 months in advance, and no clue what is up with the bands (that shall not be named).
I am an offsite guest, so can I use my 3 FP's at night too or could the FP's be all out by that time?

next if you tap your band, is it still the one hour window crap?
__________________
eeyorepixie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 08:45 AM   #7
dadddio
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 1,215

Quote:
Originally Posted by eeyorepixie View Post
I am an offsite guest, so can I use my 3 FP's at night too or could the FP's be all out by that time?
FP+ is not apparently tied to onsite/offsite. You would prereserve your FPs up to 60 days in advance just like everyone else. Also, until this is actually rolled out, we have no idea of the quantities of FPs that will be available, whether any will be held back for same-day reservations, or whether additional FPs beyond the 3 prereserved ones ill be available at the parks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eeyorepixie View Post
next if you tap your band, is it still the one hour window crap?
Based on the tests, there will still be a 'hard' return window. Increasing the quantity of FPs available would not work if we weren't held to a return window.
dadddio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 09:34 AM   #8
Vincent405
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: maryland
Posts: 188

Just be prepared

Quote:
Originally Posted by letsgoreds View Post
Whats interesting to me about those bands that should not be named...is that it significantly changes touring strategy for me. I plan on hopping much more, and booking FP for the evening when they are few and far between. Rope drop (with minimal lines) at one park, and then potentially FP usage at park #2 in the evening. This impacts dining reservations...so we're planning on making most TS reservations for lunch, and leaving dinner up to chance!

That is the fun with making reservations 6 months in advance, and no clue what is up with the bands (that shall not be named).
Just sayin' what I was told. You may not be able to use FP in the morning at your first park. If you go with the plus system, you may only be able to use that system (plus) that day and not switch back and forth between the walk-up-to-the-machine system and plus. Also, you may only have plus-usage available at only one of the parks.

(Before I get torched - Please note my use of the word "may", you "may" also be able to obtain 27 FP at every park at the exact times you want.)
Vincent405 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 06:55 AM   #9
eeyorepixie
AKA Queenie
 
eeyorepixie's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 1,388

thanks for answering! I have another stupid question

So what happens if you park hop that day? do you get only 3 passes for one park or can you split them between 2 parks.

I ask because I am thinking about animal kingdom, it may be best to just get 2 passes for EE then go elsewhere for my 3rd.

Last, question- do you pick the window of time you want your FP?
__________________
eeyorepixie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 07:13 AM   #10
mesaboy2
Using a certain word brings out a special kind of cray-cray

 
mesaboy2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Posts: 26,705

Quote:
Originally Posted by eeyorepixie View Post
thanks for answering! I have another stupid question

So what happens if you park hop that day? do you get only 3 passes for one park or can you split them between 2 parks.

I ask because I am thinking about animal kingdom, it may be best to just get 2 passes for EE then go elsewhere for my 3rd.

Last, question- do you pick the window of time you want your FP?
We don't know these details yet. However, It would seem from the Terms and Conditions that all FPs will be limited to one park each day.
mesaboy2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 08:20 AM   #11
neffernie
DIS Veteran
 
neffernie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: florida suncoast
Posts: 618

According to CMs at the place where AP holders could get the RFID cards, you will only be able to prereserve fastpasses at one park per day. Of course this could change or not be true but I am going to prepare for it just in case until i hear differently.
__________________


neffernie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 10:28 AM   #12
doconeill


Fastpass Jedi Master
 
doconeill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 16,833

Quote:
Originally Posted by neffernie View Post
According to CMs at the place where AP holders could get the RFID cards, you will only be able to prereserve fastpasses at one park per day. Of course this could change or not be true but I am going to prepare for it just in case until i hear differently.
Everything so far points to one park per day. This is prompting people to plan FP+s for the second park, and take advantage of earlier shorter lines at the first.

No one can do any of this yet anyways, so it's still an unknown.
__________________
Doc - WDW Untangled - New: Fastpass+ - Rider Switch - MagicBands - ADR Calculator - WDW MYW Ticket Price Calculator
"WDW is the reason more of us should have paid more attention in Math class." - Me
Commissioner, Official DIS Unplugged Fantasy Football League - MK Conf - EC Conf - HS Conf -2013 Champion oc_tony!
4th Annual New England DISMeet for GiveKidsTheWorld - Oct 3-5, 2014 - Plymouth, MA

doconeill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 11:57 AM   #13
CuteAsMinnie
DIS Veteran
 
CuteAsMinnie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Chicago
Posts: 1,718

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robo View Post
You'll get FP's either via electronic reservations, or by tapping the bands on the new FP "machines."
Speaking of.... Yes there is no way Thd magic bands can work with the current FP system but there is no reason why FP+ couldn't work with next-gen type of tap-n-get-FP machines along with the option to reserve 3 in advance.

Just Sayin
__________________
CBR - 1989 (first trip)
CBR - 1995
Wilderness Lodge - 1998, 2001, 2005, 2007
Wilderness Lodge Old Faithful Club - 2010, 2013, 2015
We'll be home soon...

CuteAsMinnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 12:30 PM   #14
doconeill


Fastpass Jedi Master
 
doconeill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 16,833

Quote:
Originally Posted by CuteAsMinnie View Post
Speaking of.... Yes there is no way Thd magic bands can work with the current FP system but there is no reason why FP+ couldn't work with next-gen type of tap-n-get-FP machines along with the option to reserve 3 in advance.

Just Sayin
I've seen nothing about them installing/modifying existing FP kiosks to be RFID-compatible (not that current RFID cards still work because they still have a magstripe just like older tickets).

The plan as I understand it is to have standalone kiosks at various locations that will allow you to make, change and check FP+ reservations. These will not be tied to specific attractions.
__________________
Doc - WDW Untangled - New: Fastpass+ - Rider Switch - MagicBands - ADR Calculator - WDW MYW Ticket Price Calculator
"WDW is the reason more of us should have paid more attention in Math class." - Me
Commissioner, Official DIS Unplugged Fantasy Football League - MK Conf - EC Conf - HS Conf -2013 Champion oc_tony!
4th Annual New England DISMeet for GiveKidsTheWorld - Oct 3-5, 2014 - Plymouth, MA

doconeill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 12:42 PM   #15
amandals2007
DIS Veteran
 
amandals2007's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Northern Ohio
Posts: 524

i will be extremely disappointed if they limited it to one park per day. i would rather not be able to get them ahead of time and be able to get them in the parks for multiple parks per day. we constantly park hop and this will really mess up my planning i have for september
__________________
**5 visits off premise Disney World 96-00**Disney Land-01**Off Premise WDW-02**Disney Cruise Summer-03**Off Premise WDW -Summer 04**Friends Time Share WDW-Thanksgiving 05**Port Orleans F.Q. Thanksgiving-06**P.O.F.Q-Aug 07**P.O.F.Q. August 08**DisneyLand-May 09**P.O.F.Q.-August 09**P.O.F.Q.-August 2010**Disney Land-June 2011**P.O.F.Q.-September 2011**Disney Land-July 2012**P.O.F.Q-December 2012**P.O.F.Q.-Sept 2013**

**Next Trip-P.O.F.Q.-Sept 2014**
amandals2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:29 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.