Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-12-2013, 07:43 AM   #211
Couchy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by UConnFan View Post
Wowzer! You're all far ahead of me. I've been working on level 65 for ages! I can't seem to get it.
me too

4 trips as a kid.2002-Westgate, 2004 -Hilton DTD, 2005 -Westgate, 2007 -Royal Sun DTD, 2008 Hilton DTD, April 2011 -Swan, Dec 2011-Dolphin/ Yacht Club , Feb 2012 -Solo@Swan , April 2012-Dolphin with our friends, june/july 2012 - Beach Club
Couchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2013, 09:12 AM   #212
firecracker725
DIS Veteran

I swear...I was stuck at 135 for months, but as soon as I posted here, I passed it! Woot!

-------------
firecracker725 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-13-2013, 06:27 PM   #213
Imzadi
I can shoot a gun, but I'm scared to open a can of biscuits
Point Free Zone
I'm the only one getting lumpy hummus
Like Pakey's

Location: NYC - "They may take our lives, but they'll never take our FREEDOM!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by UConnFan View Post
Wowzer! You're all far ahead of me. I've been working on level 65 for ages! I can't seem to get it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Couchy View Post
me too

Oh no! Me too. Friends are even sending me extra moves now, which I never requested. I guess the system automatically requested them for me. Anything to keep me addicted. . .

But, get this, I'm pretty sure that twice I DID remove all the jellies and went way beyond the point goal of (I think) 120,000 points. So, unless the game is "broken" unless I BUY boosters, I should have won those rounds. I think I will take a screen shot the next time I think I should have won.
There are one billion, billion, planets capable of supporting life, like ours. And in all of that,
and maybe even more, there is only one of each of us. Don't destroy the one named Kirk."
.........~ Dr. Leonard McCoy to Captain James T. Kirk
. . . . . . . Scotty, beam me up! . . . . . .
Balls by Kimmar I've been Grumpy Pirated! Turkeyed by figment52
Bewitched by Evil Genius!
Thanks!

Last edited by Imzadi; 07-13-2013 at 06:43 PM.
Imzadi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2013, 06:38 PM   #214
EMAW_KSU
DIS Veteran

Think Gaming estimates that Candy Crush brings in around $633,000 a day—more than $230 million a year—for King, its British creator.

Why couldn't I have designed a game like this.

Link
EMAW_KSU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2013, 07:34 PM   #215
erincon23
Everyone must have gotten a life in the last few days
As you can see, I have gotten sidetracked

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imzadi View Post
Oh no! Me too. Friends are even sending me extra moves now, which I never requested. I guess the system automatically requested them for me. Anything to keep me addicted. . .

But, get this, I'm pretty sure that twice I DID remove all the jellies and went way beyond the point goal of (I think) 120,000 points. So, unless the game is "broken" unless I BUY boosters, I should have won those rounds. I think I will take a screen shot the next time I think I should have won.
That's happened to me once or twice as well. How do you take a screen shot? And how do people get those videos of their entire game? And why can't I pass 168? It took me 2 weeks to pass 165, and now 168 is making me crazy.

me DH DS16 DS20 On our last family trip, 3/09

Last edited by erincon23; 07-14-2013 at 12:33 PM. Reason: had the wrong level that's stumping me
erincon23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2013, 10:34 PM   #216
Imzadi
Point Free Zone
Like Pakey's

Quote:
Originally Posted by erincon23 View Post
That's happened to me once or twice as well. How do you take a screen shot? And how do people get those videos of their entire game? And why can't I pass 166? It took me 2 weeks to pass 165, and now 166 is making me crazy.
You make a screenshot on your computer by pressing the fn key (on the bottom row) at the same time as the prt scr (Print Screen) key. This makes a copy of what is currently seen on the computer screen.

BUT, next you have to PASTE it into a program to make it an actual picture. You can do that by pasting it into MSPaint program. Start -> Accessories-> MSPaint. Then save it as a bitmap file on your computer.

Or if you have some type of photo editing program, you can save it as a jpg file.

Third option, if you have a cell phone that takes pictures, just take a picture of your screen when you think you've won, before the game ends.

I don't know how to do any videos.
There are one billion, billion, planets capable of supporting life, like ours. And in all of that,
and maybe even more, there is only one of each of us. Don't destroy the one named Kirk."
Thanks!
Old 07-14-2013, 08:22 AM   #217
torismom
DIS Veteran

Any tips on getting through level 110 ? I have been stuck for a month. I never can get the 100,000 points.
Old 07-14-2013, 08:34 AM   #218
Imzadi
Point Free Zone
Like Pakey's

Quote:
Originally Posted by torismom View Post
Any tips on getting through level 110 ? I have been stuck for a month. I never can get the 100,000 points.

Just do a Google Search for "Candy Crush Saga Level ___"

There are usually several Youtube videos showing how other people have won, what they hit first, any patterns that may be noticeable, i.e., do you clear the top or the sides first, etc. Or, some people describe tips on blog pages called "tutorials" or "cheats".

Some site named "Bubble Witch" (which is another game) has really great videos. She also has pages for free coins every few days for the Pet Rescue Saga game, that are given away legitimately from other players. I've been able to reload my coins this way for the hammer blaster. She also has videos for the various levels of Pet Rescue Saga.
Thanks!
Old 07-15-2013, 09:45 PM   #219
LovinPooh
DIS Veteran

I have been on 161 for weeks. The frustrating thing is i can get it down to 1. That is what really grinds my gears lol.
LovinPooh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 10:29 PM   #220
smitch425
DIS Veteran

Forgot to update yesterday. I finally beat 410. Hooray for the luck of posting on the Dis and then beating the level! This next set of levels sucks big time. There are these tornado things that block you after every move and you can't predict or control where they will go next. So frustrating!

Happy crushing, everyone!
smitch425 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 05:41 PM   #221
erincon23
Everyone must have gotten a life in the last few days
As you can see, I have gotten sidetracked

181 has been holding me hostage for more than 2 weeks now. Posting in hopes that the "dis luck" will come through again.

And something that I just noticed: When you don't have any more matches and the game shuffles the pieces -- playing on the computer, the game counts that as a move and takes one away from you. But playing on my phone, it's not counted as a move and you don't lose one. So if you're having trouble on a level because you keep running out of moves (rather than time), try playing on a different device.

And a tip for 181 - the biggest help is matching a striped with a wrapped. The "orders" are off to the sides,and that combo takes out three spaces with one move. The color bomb with a striped is helpful only if you have lots of that same color down toward the bottom. The color bomb with a wrapped does nothing to help.

me DH DS16 DS20 On our last family trip, 3/09
erincon23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 06:42 PM   #222
bcla
DIS Veteran

My wife loaded it on my phone and asks to "borrow" it for long periods of time. I'm not even sure why since she's got it loaded on her phone.

Is there some sort of lockout unless you pay for credits?
bcla is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 07:02 PM   #223
asta
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcla View Post
My wife loaded it on my phone and asks to "borrow" it for long periods of time. I'm not even sure why since she's got it loaded on her phone.

Is there some sort of lockout unless you pay for credits?
The game locks you out for 30 minutes after 5 tries but you can easily get around that by just resetting the time ahead on your phone.

In order to keep the game from correcting the time when you reset the clock on the phone, you need to exit the game while the map is on the screen.
asta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 07:39 PM   #224
ashley0139
DIS Veteran

I've been stuck on level 311 for ages. It's gotten to the point where I've stopped playing because it's boring to play that one over and over. I got to where I had one jelly left, but I refuse to pay .99 so I lost. Ugh! I hate this level.

Pre-Trip Report 2009: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2293006

Pop Century October 19-26, 2011

Pre-Trip Report 2011: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2796928
Trip Report 2011:http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2867080
ashley0139 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 08:11 PM   #225
lovesmurfs
I need to start thinking of pithy things to say
It costs him money every time I watch!

Just today I removed all of my Facebook game apps: Criminal Case, Pearl's Peril, Candy Crush, Jelly Glutton, and Farm Heroes Saga.

Was spending WAYYYYY too much of my life waiting for energy.

I feel lighter and freer, but going through withdrawal after only 6 hours....

"Clothes make the man. Naked people have little or no influence on society." Mark Twain

"Some people are like Slinkies. They serve no useful purpose, but they sure are fun to push down the stairs."
lovesmurfs is online now   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: