Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-28-2013, 04:08 PM   #61
rachel09985
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jecskc View Post
We haven't seen Fantasmic in a while. We hope to see it again when we go back in September. We will be staying at Beach Club, so we will be relatively close by. Hopefully, that will help.
That will help! you can just pop over there! I saw it last two trips ago. I think I normall do it about once every other trip. Truth be told I would be happy if they took out Fantasmic and replaced it with something else.
Quote:
Originally Posted by cheekypoppins View Post
that cake loks really good hmmmmm wonder if i can get a walk up n just do dessert???? I think I might just try!
I think you can! Actually I think you can get it to go from Starring Rolls, you just gotta ask!

Dining Review December 2011 Dining Review June 2011 Dining Review December 2010 TR Nov 2012 Dining Review Nov 2012
1998- Dixie Landings 2005- Pop/Saratoga Springs 2008- Pop Century 2009- Pop Century 2010- Pop Century 2011 Pop Century x2! 2012 Art of Animation
Old 04-28-2013, 04:36 PM   #62
Discajun
Go Tigers!

Hey Rachel,
Sorry to hear some inconsiderate (i'm being polite) people ruined your tot experience. We've had that sort of thing happen too. When we get next to a large group we try & see what line/que they're goin to and make sure we don't end up with them, even if it means getting out of the que or letting others go ahead of us. You did good not losing your cool, maybe when they grow up & have to pay for things theselves they'll understand. We have reservations NEXT SUNDAY at the Brown Derby, did you notice anything else that looked worth trying from the menu? Thanks.

Last edited by Discajun; 04-28-2013 at 05:01 PM.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-28-2013, 08:16 PM   #63
rachel09985
DIS Veteran

Hollywood Studios Night of Fun Part 2

On the way to TSM I took a couple of pictures.

I like this one!

When we got to TSM the wait was 30 minutes.

There was no one in line!!! I loved it sooo much! I have never seen the line like this. Such a beautiful sight.

Mr Potato Head! This line is one of my favorite lines!

Luxo ball! I love trying to find this ball in all of the pixar movies. We just watched Monsters Inc and it is very noticeable in that movie.

Emme put on her glasses early and was so excited because she loves this ride but Patty and her have only been on it once!

I don't think I did very well this round. I think I only got like 120-140K.

When we got out of the ride it was 9:53 and the park closed at 10pm. We walked across the road and saw Buzz and Woody meeting and the CM ushered us in and said last chance to see them! That was cool because I didn't think they would let you in that early to park closing.

Emme and Baby Tinkerbell!

There was a little girl in front of us who all of a sudden said she had to pee really bad, she was probably about 2. They were almost at the front of the line so they just waited until they met Buzz and Woody. The mom said this was their 3rd time in the Buzz and Woody line when she had to pee! The first two times they left. I thought that was funny! She must have an aversion to lines

I met Buzz and Woody but don't really remember our interaction!

Emme was so cute with them!

She looks like a ham in this picture!

Patty said she does this shoulder move when she is nervous, so she must have been nervous.

When Emme left she kept blowing Woody kisses, it was the cutest thing ever!!

After this it was time to leave the park but first I had a little upgrading to do! Luckily guest relations was open so I upgraded to an annual pass. At first she said I had to upgrade to a premium pass because I had water park tickets so I freaked out a little. But I told her I haven't used them yet and asked her to bridge the price. The total I owed was $55 which is what I calculated, so it was all good!!!

I was sooo flippin excited!!! I could not believe I actually had an annual pass.

I made Patty take a picture of me with my new pass. I picked Minnie!

This annual pass is proving to be bad because I am constantly looking for trips. I am trying to get Corey to go in July but it probably isn't a good idea because his job (entire department) was eliminated so he has to find a new job. I am pretty sad but he didn't make too much money so hopefully we can find him a better job. He gets paid until end of July.

On our way back to our room I took a picture of the cool chair out of our room. I think it was supposed to be look like it was from Alice in Wonderland.

When we were back at the room Patty went to the gas station to gt some snacks for Emme. Emme was rough housing on the bed and fell into my knee. She started crying because she hurt her arm! I was like OH NO Patty is going to think I am beating Emme lol! I gotta stop her from crying before Patty comes home! Haha. She stopped crying, I just kind of ignored her and made her laugh and she stopped.

I had a restful sleep in our Port Orleans bed. The beds were pretty comfy but the pillows weren't that great. They were too thin for one but too thick for two. The comforter was good though because it was broken in enough to be soft. The Art of Animation comforter from November was horrible. It was soo stiff!

Dining Review December 2011 Dining Review June 2011 Dining Review December 2010 TR Nov 2012 Dining Review Nov 2012
1998- Dixie Landings 2005- Pop/Saratoga Springs 2008- Pop Century 2009- Pop Century 2010- Pop Century 2011 Pop Century x2! 2012 Art of Animation

Last edited by rachel09985; 05-01-2013 at 09:17 PM.
Old 04-28-2013, 08:46 PM   #64
NemoLeo
Wish I were on vacation!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rachel09985 View Post

This was pretty good. It wasn't too hot which was upsetting. I am weird though because i like my foods piping hot.

I'm the same way about hot food, I'm pretty sure it drives my husband crazy! Great report so far. We're staying in a Royal Room on our next trip so I really appreciate your pics!
Old 04-28-2013, 09:19 PM   #65
Jerzetta
Mouseketeer

Joining in and staying n the Royal rooms. I had no idea abt the detail you described with bed spread etc. thanks and glad you got there.
Old 04-28-2013, 10:19 PM   #66
wdwgirl03
I'm just a big Disney Freak! :-)
I will throw a party the day I get a tag!!!
I am pretty wimpy when it comes to thrill rides

Cute Toy Story pictures!

I picked the same annual pass design for mine but it is already expired (I did the upgrade to the plastic ticket, even though it was only good for a couple of days). Makes me so sad not to have an AP anymore.
'91-Disney villas '93, '95, '97, '99, '01, '02-Polynesian '03-All Star Sports '05-All Star Movies; offsite- Universal/Disney Oct. '06, Dec. '07/Jan. '08-Saratoga Springs May '08-Animal Kingdom Lodge Dec. '08-Beach Club Villas Aug. '09-Villas @ the Wilderness Lodge April '10-Kidani Village Aug. '10-Saratoga Springs Mar. '11-Old Key West Oct. '11-Saratoga Springs April '12-Boardwalk Villas April '13-Bay Lake Tower Aug. '13-Pop Century Dec. '13-Saratoga Springs April '14-Pop Century UPCOMING TRIPS: Dec. '14-DISNEYLAND!!! April '15-VWL!!!
*DVC member since 2006*

Disneyland- '04, '06

Check out my past TRs: Mar./April '11 Oct. '11 CURRENT TR: APRIL '13 TR APRIL '13 PTR facebook Twitter/Instagram:mugirl0307
Old 04-28-2013, 11:14 PM   #67
marDgreen88
DIS Veteran

Your pictures of DHS in the dark are so pretty! Gotta love that park.

Wow, I would have been super annoyed after that ride too. GOOD GOSH. They probably had that mob mentality going on. So annoying.

Toy Story Mania makes EVERYTHING better! LOVE the Buzz and Woody pictures. SO CUTE.
Old 04-28-2013, 11:49 PM   #68
LizzieinDisney
Mouseketeer

Yay for AP's!!!! I still kept all my expired cards just for keepsakes. One of the best little plastic cards ever. Thanks for the updates, I love TSM!
I am a Disney fanatic. I am a long-time Disneyland Annual Passholder and now a WDW Cast Member. Follow my blog, www.lizzieindisney.blogspot.com for tips, tricks, and dining reviews. And follow me on Twitter @lizzieindisney or Facebook, facebook.com/lizzieindisney

My Dining Review Thread:Living in Disney means Food! My Fine Dining Adventure
Old 04-28-2013, 11:57 PM   #69
emmawho
Earning My Ears

Emme is SO cute with her tinkerbelle!
Old 04-29-2013, 10:09 AM   #70
wiigirl
DIS Veteran

Awesome update
Old 04-30-2013, 01:18 PM   #71
Miss Potts
Mouseketeer

Quote:
At first I didn't like the shirt because it clung but now I like it! It is soft and comfy. Did a lot of your color come off of your shirt? My shirt is missing color where it rubbed on my jeans and armpits, lol.
I can't say a lot did.. But there is fading under my armpits and on my side where I wear my swing pack! I figured it was part of the look of the vintagey/faded tee. If it continues to fade ill probably just wear it under a sweater or zip up.

Read my PTR:
The Adventures of Miss Potts - PTR Fall 2013

1987 Hilton / 1989 FW / 1991 CBR / 1993 BC / 1995 WL / 1997 Poly / 1998 BWI / 2001 BC / 2005 Poly CL / May 2005 WL CL / Dec 2005 WL CL / August 2006 WL / Jan 2007 Poly CL/Contemporary CL / 2008 WL / Jan 2009 Poly CL / Oct/Nov 2010 AKL (Engaged!) / Oct 2011 DCL Magic (Honeymoon!) / Oct 2012 OKW/BLT / Feb 2013 WL Club / Sept/Oct 2013 Poly CL
Old 04-30-2013, 01:23 PM   #72
Miss Potts
Mouseketeer

I hit send to quick!

I love the AP design! It is a dangerous little thing... We HAVE to go, I mean the tickets are "free". My DH thinks I'm crazy! We got ours last October and will get 3 week long trips out of it by the end - it was such a good purchase!

Loving the updates so far!

Read my PTR:
The Adventures of Miss Potts - PTR Fall 2013

1987 Hilton / 1989 FW / 1991 CBR / 1993 BC / 1995 WL / 1997 Poly / 1998 BWI / 2001 BC / 2005 Poly CL / May 2005 WL CL / Dec 2005 WL CL / August 2006 WL / Jan 2007 Poly CL/Contemporary CL / 2008 WL / Jan 2009 Poly CL / Oct/Nov 2010 AKL (Engaged!) / Oct 2011 DCL Magic (Honeymoon!) / Oct 2012 OKW/BLT / Feb 2013 WL Club / Sept/Oct 2013 Poly CL
Old 04-30-2013, 03:16 PM   #73
Fields
Earning My Ears

Love reading about your trip!
Old 05-01-2013, 09:12 PM   #74
rachel09985
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Discajun View Post
Hey Rachel,
Sorry to hear some inconsiderate (i'm being polite) people ruined your tot experience. We've had that sort of thing happen too. When we get next to a large group we try & see what line/que they're goin to and make sure we don't end up with them, even if it means getting out of the que or letting others go ahead of us. You did good not losing your cool, maybe when they grow up & have to pay for things theselves they'll understand. We have reservations NEXT SUNDAY at the Brown Derby, did you notice anything else that looked worth trying from the menu? Thanks.
Yes hopefully one day they will change! I know I did! It was very annoying. There were lots of interesting things on the menu! I liked the restaurant the food just wasn't the greatest but it was pretty decent.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NemoLeo View Post
I'm the same way about hot food, I'm pretty sure it drives my husband crazy! Great report so far. We're staying in a Royal Room on our next trip so I really appreciate your pics!
Thanks! YOu will love the royal room.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerzetta View Post
Joining in and staying n the Royal rooms. I had no idea abt the detail you described with bed spread etc. thanks and glad you got there.
thanks for reading!
Quote:
Originally Posted by wdwgirl03 View Post
Cute Toy Story pictures!

I picked the same annual pass design for mine but it is already expired (I did the upgrade to the plastic ticket, even though it was only good for a couple of days). Makes me so sad not to have an AP anymore.
I am not going to upgrade mine either next year. Maybe once every other year. I am sure I will be said too!
Quote:
Originally Posted by marDgreen88 View Post
Your pictures of DHS in the dark are so pretty! Gotta love that park.

Wow, I would have been super annoyed after that ride too. GOOD GOSH. They probably had that mob mentality going on. So annoying.

Toy Story Mania makes EVERYTHING better! LOVE the Buzz and Woody pictures. SO CUTE.
Lol yes definitely mob mentality! That girl was so obnoxious. Love Buzz and Woody!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by LizzieinDisney View Post
Yay for AP's!!!! I still kept all my expired cards just for keepsakes. One of the best little plastic cards ever. Thanks for the updates, I love TSM!
Me too! I keep my expired cards too!
Quote:
Originally Posted by emmawho View Post
Emme is SO cute with her tinkerbelle!
She is soo adorable.
Quote:
Originally Posted by wiigirl View Post
Awesome update
Thanks!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Potts View Post
I can't say a lot did.. But there is fading under my armpits and on my side where I wear my swing pack! I figured it was part of the look of the vintagey/faded tee. If it continues to fade ill probably just wear it under a sweater or zip up.
Yeah the fading is still wearable but it definitely is there.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Potts View Post
I hit send to quick!

I love the AP design! It is a dangerous little thing... We HAVE to go, I mean the tickets are "free". My DH thinks I'm crazy! We got ours last October and will get 3 week long trips out of it by the end - it was such a good purchase!

Loving the updates so far!
Haha thats my reasoning too! We can get in with no extra money so I just have to spend $400 for a plane ticket and $400-$800 for a hotel! LOL
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fields View Post
Love reading about your trip!
Thanks for reading along!

Old 05-01-2013, 09:59 PM   #75
cheekypoppins
DIS Veteran

Quote:

I think you can! Actually I think you can get it to go from Starring Rolls, you just gotta ask!
OMG NIGHT MADE!!!! ok now to go back n read the latest update

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: