Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-21-2013, 06:18 PM   #31
rachel09985
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Potts View Post
I loved your last trip report! I'm excited to follow along with this one!!

Glad you made it to Disney - it's so stressful flying with winter weather!
Thanks for joining! It was stressful. I know I shouldn't have been that stressed but I couldn't help it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by smile4stamps View Post
Oh yuck on the weather! This winter seems to be lasting forever for a lot of the country. My hubby is coming to visit me next week and he said yesterday that he might be delayed as Denver is to get yet ANOTHER snow storm. Hopefully he gets out of there because I miss him!

I love traveling SWA! The other time you can change flights without paying the upgrade is if your flight is delayed. A friend was able to get changed to an earlier flight once when hers would have gotten her in several hours later. Of course we had to go back to the airport for her bags but was still better than sitting at the airport for hours!

Can't wait to read more about your trip!
Yes, this winter is horrible! Have fun with your hubby! Minnesota weather seems to follow Denver's weather so lets hope we don't this time! Yes, Southwest definitely seemed to be good about those things. I loved their flight attendants.
Quote:
Originally Posted by emmebear View Post
great pictures rachel!

i'm glad you got some pictures as i felt so rushed after we checked in to get to dinner.

i really loved that room & so glad we booked it. it was perfect for our trip.

emme still talks about that room. i think we will be staying there again next month.

loving your trip report!
Aw im sorry! We could have been a little later. As we know that didn't stop us from being sat other times, haha! I loved the room too!! I think I want to stay at Riverside in December. That or a split stay- Value and Deluxe. Corey isn't sold on that idea though.
Quote:
Originally Posted by cheekypoppins View Post
i loved my Royal room in September just as much as both my daughters how can ya not? It's awesome n the lawn movies at night were fun too
We didn't even see the lawn movies lol we got in too late ! I would like to do that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LizzieinDisney View Post
Oh my goodness, that room is beautiful! I love all of the princess touches. What a perfect start to your vacation!
It was perfect. Definitely a girl room. I loved it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by wdwgirl03 View Post
Wow, that room is gorgeous! Great pictures
Thanks! P.S. I just followed you on instagram.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney9.9.10 View Post
I'm glad that your check-in went smoothly. I love the royal rooms, they make us all into 5 year olds again!
Yes, we definitely felt that way. I felt so giddy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by emmysmommy View Post
Hi Rachel! What a stressful travel day! So glad that you were able to get an earlier flight - good thinking! And a big bonus to arrive where it is warm and sunny!

Your room is so beautiful. What fun to see all the Disney details. Sounds like Emme liked the room as well.

Your coke secret is safe with me.

Subbing for more!
Glad to have you! i was sooo happy I got on that earlier flight. I was supposed to be working that morning but I skipped it! Oops.
Quote:
Originally Posted by April7901 View Post
As terrified as I am to read your TR (the last one sent me running to the Disney Store for Vinylmations ) - I'm here and reading.

Just warn me if there are any new addictions
Oh my gosh that is so funny that my trip report caused you to go to the disney store. I didn't get any more vinylmations this trip, just traded for one. However, i did get sucked into pins!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Discajun View Post
Hi Rachel,
Joining in from south Louisiana! Glad you made it despite the weather. My family & i visit disney at least twice a year & are going from may 4-9th. I read your food report & I think I recall a certain strawberry hittin the floor & now a bun bites the dust!! I think i see a pattern here, hehe. Sorry, i couldn't resist. Looking forward to reading more of your report. Take care.

Rob
Hey Rob! That is so funny you remember that strawberry I dropped from my cupcake. I had to think about it before I remembered what you were talking about. You have a great memory! Have a good trip in May!
Quote:
Originally Posted by amytech View Post
Joining is from MI!
Loved seeing the pics of the POR Princess room We will be heading down in a couple of weeks to stay at POFQ for our 26th wedding anniversary. I can't wait to see the grounds of POR and POFQ!

Great trip report so far
How fun! We never ventured over to POFQ but I have heard amazing things about it. I actually visited that hotel in 2011. It was nice.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Potts View Post
I have your shirt in green, it has been my "first day outfit" on 2 trips now!!
I wear it at home a lot too... It's such a soft and comfy tee!

I enjoy a good fountain drink too! I prefer Coke to Pepsi, so I won't breathe a word!
At first I didn't like the shirt because it clung but now I like it! It is soft and comfy. Did a lot of your color come off of your shirt? My shirt is missing color where it rubbed on my jeans and armpits, lol.

Dining Review December 2011 Dining Review June 2011 Dining Review December 2010 TR Nov 2012 Dining Review Nov 2012
1998- Dixie Landings 2005- Pop/Saratoga Springs 2008- Pop Century 2009- Pop Century 2010- Pop Century 2011 Pop Century x2! 2012 Art of Animation
Old 04-21-2013, 07:05 PM   #32
April7901
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by rachel09985 View Post

Oh my gosh that is so funny that my trip report caused you to go to the disney store. I didn't get any more vinylmations this trip, just traded for one. However, i did get sucked into pins!
I am determined to avoid pins. I am telling myself that this Vinylmation thing is just to get my mom an Eeyore - but seriously, who am I kidding??
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-22-2013, 07:16 PM   #33
MNMickeyGuy
Earning My Ears

The trip sounds great so far. Definitely feel your pain on the weather. I live in the Twin Cities and am staring out the window right now at more April snow. Why do we live here again??

Guess that makes the Disney trips that much more special.

Old 04-22-2013, 07:46 PM   #34
rachel09985
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MNMickeyGuy View Post
The trip sounds great so far. Definitely feel your pain on the weather. I live in the Twin Cities and am staring out the window right now at more April snow. Why do we live here again??

Guess that makes the Disney trips that much more special.
Hey!! Thanks for joining! Do you live in a suburb? I live in Eden Prairie. I hate the MN weather, so ready for summer. I really hope we do not get that snowfall tonight. Can't it be over with??

Dining Review December 2011 Dining Review June 2011 Dining Review December 2010 TR Nov 2012 Dining Review Nov 2012
1998- Dixie Landings 2005- Pop/Saratoga Springs 2008- Pop Century 2009- Pop Century 2010- Pop Century 2011 Pop Century x2! 2012 Art of Animation
Old 04-22-2013, 08:13 PM   #35
MNMickeyGuy
Earning My Ears

We live in Eagan, so not too far away. I am soooo tired of winter? or is it spring?. I have to jump on DisBoards to live vicariously through all the trip reports from Disney World.

Don't usually post much but saw a fellow Minnesota and a snowy start to the trip, so I decided to comment.

Can't wait to follow along.

Old 04-23-2013, 12:20 AM   #37
emmawho
Earning My Ears

Your pictures are making me SO excited! We are heading down on may 17th, and staying in a royal room too! I love the crowns on the bedspread!

Also, your puppy is soooo cute! I have a cocker spaniel, so I love all cocker mixes
Old 04-23-2013, 01:27 AM   #38
scottny
You better have crackers
I heard of light reading, never wet reading
I still won't go in the ocean because of

Just found this.
Glad you were able to get down there.
I have a charger like that.
The new desks at ME are nice.
I am on the phone now with Pepsi to tell them how you enjoyed the coke. LOL
The room looks fantastic.
Can’t wait for more.
Old 04-23-2013, 08:47 AM   #39
carlaewalter
Earning My Ears

I'm here! We are booked at POR for November and I am sooooooo close to changing to a Royal Room. So pretty. Can't wait to hear the rest.

Old 04-23-2013, 09:02 AM   #40
JessicaKnits
DIS Veteran

Hi Rachel! I SWEAR I posted this on Saturday, but somehow...apparently I didn't. You know me...there was probably something shiny in the room and I got distracted...

I don't know about you, but I am SICK of this weather. Currently my 5 day forecast is telling me we will alledgedly have high 60s by the weekend. We shall see...

The pictures of your princess room have me reconsidering our Little Mermaid room! SOOOOOO amazing!

I can't wait to hear more about your trip!
Old 04-23-2013, 01:44 PM   #41
marDgreen88
DIS Veteran

I'm finally here! Thanks so much for posting the link! I'm really bad at finding TRs for some reason. Anyways, UGH that travel day must have been so stressful, but thankfully it all worked out okay!

I have to say I totally agree, fountain soda is the BEST.

AHHH YAY ROYAL ROOMS!!!!! I'm staying in a Royal Room on my trip and all these pictures are making me SO EXCITED! (Shh... don't tell anyone though. )

Anyways, YAY! Can't wait for more!
Old 04-23-2013, 02:49 PM   #42
DisneyKid4Life
DIS Veteran

Hi Rachel,
I saw the link in the last report, so I had to bounce over to this one. I'm happy to report that I did in fact book a solo trip leaving this Saturday (EEP) thanks in part to your solo TR.

I just think it's so cool that you booked a trip with a fellow DISer.

I remember reading about the flight issues in the last TR, so really glad it all
worked out.

Plus, even though I'm a guy, that room is AWESOME!!
Old 04-23-2013, 06:16 PM   #43
Fatshe Leso
Earning My Ears

I had no idea that those rooms existed at Port Orleans! Did some research and saw that it is a fairly new addition.

By the way, I read your earlier trip report prior to seeing this one. Loved your photos and saw that you shared your Instagram name so I decided to follow you on there. You take some fantastic photos!!
Old 04-23-2013, 06:28 PM   #44
Nermel9
DIS Veteran

I'm sorry I'm so late but I'm here!!! Wow, glad you made it out before the snow! That's what I was dealing with on our November trip, I almost switched flights, but I waited it out and luckily, we made it to Disney! But that's a stressful situation!

Yay a POR Royal room! Didn't you love it? Sooo pretty! I'd love to stay in one again, I love all the details, and just POR in general is pretty perfect!

Many family trips offsite~9/08 ASMu~11/09 WL~Disneymoon 5/10 BC~11/10 POR~10/11 WL~12/11 Pop~5/12 BC~11/12 AoA/POR~2/13 AKL/BLT
Old 04-23-2013, 08:11 PM   #45
rachel09985
DIS Veteran

Finally Together!

I stopped outside and checked out our beautiful view. I loved how it was straight on of that fountain. It made for beautiful pictures.

I headed down to the parking lot and told her exactly where to park and then I took a picture of our building with the sun in the background and sent it to Corey; I am mean!

All of a sudden I heard my name and saw them pulling up!! They arrived about 5:30.

We hugged and were finally happy to be in Disney together!

I helped them take their stuff up to the room, which only took one trip surprisingly, then we got settled in.

Patty poured me a glass of yummy Cupcake Sauvignon Blanc and it was delicious! My first time ever having Sauvignon. I have always thought it was a dry wine but not the Cupcake brand!

Emme was so cute wearing her tinkerbell outfit.

They loved the room so much! We were all blown away.

We realized that we had way too much Vera Bradley! 5 Things and not one repeat design! Pretty good.

While Patty was unpacking I showed Emme the headboard and how if you press the button there was fireworks on the headboard! She loooved that!!! And so did us adults.

Emme was just so hyper!! She was so happy to be in WDW!!

She loved the pillows that came on the bed and was bouncing and jumping all over the place. So cute!

Her Tinkerbell dress was soo sparkly and she was bouncing around so much that all of the glitter got all over the bedspread. Haha, needless to say I kept finding glitter all over the place all weekend! She thought that was funny.

About this time I noticed the hidden mickeys in the light. Gotta have the mickey along with the princesses

When they arrived in the room I let Emme open up the scroll from Tiana. She loved that scroll and carried it around for the entire rest of the day.

We were running a little late for our reservation at Hollywood Brown Derby which was at 6:40. I don't even think we got to the bus until 6:30! ( going back in my texts to Corey those are the times it says)

Emme and I had fun on the bus with that scroll she was carrying around! We would each take turns holding it up to our ears and the other would say something in our ear. It tickled and she thought that was funny!

Next up: Hollywood Brown Derby

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: