Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-20-2013, 10:06 AM   #16
Cshel85
Mouseketeer

Joining in!

May 1999 Swan
August 2000 Port Orleans Riverside
July 2012 Wilderness Lodge Club Level
May 2013 Boardwalk Inn
July 2014 Boardwalk Villas

Old 04-20-2013, 10:16 AM   #17
rachel09985
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mercydisney View Post
Enjoying your trip report.
thanks for coming along for the ride. Happy to have you!
Quote:
Originally Posted by jecskc View Post
I'm here !! Going back to read now.

Susan
Susan- thanks for joining! Maybe one day our trips will cross!
Quote:
Originally Posted by jecskc View Post
YAY for getting on an earlier flight. Good thinking, girl !!

Can't wait to see your POR photos !!
It was good thinking Jill from the Dining thread and Patty both told me to go early so I am glad I listened to them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by emmebear View Post
hooray!!! you started!!

emme & i had an absolute blast with rachel! it was so nice to be with someone (minus a 3 year old) who enjoyed disney, photography & eating as much as me.

rachel & i are doing tandem dining reviews here.

can't wait to see all the pics you took on the big screen!! you got some wonderful photos!
Thanks for link! I like some of them but they always look better on that tiny camera screen. I do like a lot of my firework photos. I am glad I put my camera on that ledge and wedged it between the railing at the fireworks party.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney9.9.10 View Post
Joining in! I will admit, I am a bit jealous of how many times you've been to WDW lately! What a stressful first day, I'm glad that you managed to make it to WDW at a decent time.
It was super stressful! Now that I have an annual pass I want to go at least 3 more times with my AP. I won't be renewing next year though
Quote:
Originally Posted by LizzieinDisney View Post
I'm in! Way to go with getting out before the snow!
I know I was soo happy! Thanks for joining!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cshel85 View Post
Joining in!
Thanks for reading along

Dining Review December 2011 Dining Review June 2011 Dining Review December 2010 TR Nov 2012 Dining Review Nov 2012
1998- Dixie Landings 2005- Pop/Saratoga Springs 2008- Pop Century 2009- Pop Century 2010- Pop Century 2011 Pop Century x2! 2012 Art of Animation
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-20-2013, 10:28 AM   #18
Miss Potts
Mouseketeer

I loved your last trip report! I'm excited to follow along with this one!!

Glad you made it to Disney - it's so stressful flying with winter weather!

Read my PTR:
The Adventures of Miss Potts - PTR Fall 2013

1987 Hilton / 1989 FW / 1991 CBR / 1993 BC / 1995 WL / 1997 Poly / 1998 BWI / 2001 BC / 2005 Poly CL / May 2005 WL CL / Dec 2005 WL CL / August 2006 WL / Jan 2007 Poly CL/Contemporary CL / 2008 WL / Jan 2009 Poly CL / Oct/Nov 2010 AKL (Engaged!) / Oct 2011 DCL Magic (Honeymoon!) / Oct 2012 OKW/BLT / Feb 2013 WL Club / Sept/Oct 2013 Poly CL
Old 04-20-2013, 12:49 PM   #19
smile4stamps
DIS Veteran

Location: Still in CA for work but my home and heart is in Colorado!

Oh yuck on the weather! This winter seems to be lasting forever for a lot of the country. My hubby is coming to visit me next week and he said yesterday that he might be delayed as Denver is to get yet ANOTHER snow storm. Hopefully he gets out of there because I miss him!

I love traveling SWA! The other time you can change flights without paying the upgrade is if your flight is delayed. A friend was able to get changed to an earlier flight once when hers would have gotten her in several hours later. Of course we had to go back to the airport for her bags but was still better than sitting at the airport for hours!

Can't wait to read more about your trip!
Old 04-20-2013, 09:23 PM   #20
rachel09985
DIS Veteran

The ROOM!

Patty and I contemplated many different options for hotels. We contemplated staying off site, staying at a value, staying at Coronado, staying at POR Royal Room, and lastly renting DVC Points and staying at AKL.

We finally decided on the Royal room, because it would be a little bigger than the Value and we figured we would love how girly these rooms are. Plus, it is easier to split the cost with 2 people. It made it affordable for us.

When we got to the hotel I could have sworn the person welcoming me out of the bus called me by my name??? Do they know who is on the magical express bus right when they come out??

Patty did express check in so I just had an easy check in. I just had to show my ID since it was under her name. They gave us a special welcome from Tiana. I decided to not open it and let Emme open it. Before I went to the room I needed to eat. I was starving and so thirsty.

I ordered the Cajun Chicken Sandwich with pasta salad and a diet coke. I dropped my original bun on the ground so I had to get a new one.

The chicken was very good and I loved the fresh toppings. The bun was hard and gross and dry so I didn't eat that. I loved the pasta salad. It was so cold and tasty. It was just tossed in basic italian but it was very good because of the veggies.

The pop I had tasted sooo good. I was so thirsty and I just love fountain pop. Just keep it on the down-low as Pepsi doesn't like me supporting Coke, lol!

Now I was on my way to my room! I was worried it would be far away because we were in Parterre, but it was actually close. It was just right across the bridge. The room buildings were so beautiful and did look like the south. I got lost going to my room though. I think were in room 9922. It was a corner room so I guess it was a little bigger.

I opened up the door and WOW I was amazed!!! I was like a giddy little 7 year old. It was beautiful and I could definitely tell that it was bigger than the value rooms.

I set my stuff down and went into paparazzi mode!

These beds were definitely the focal point of the room. The headboards were beautiful.

The princes have their own plaque.

The tv stand/chest was pretty big!

Loved the big double sink with the ledge.

Hi!

The shower curtain was designed for royalty. The story with these rooms is that princesses gave Tiana a gift. The shower curtain was from Ariel.

This picture was holographic and it was from Snow White.

These were from jasmine. I loved these faucets.

Each princess had a crown on the bedspread. Emme loved finding all of the princess crowns.

Aurora

Rapunzel

Ariel

Cinderella

Tiana

Jasmine

Belle

This coat hanger was from Cinderella.

About this time Patty was texting me telling me she was only 5 minutes away!! Yay, she was almost here!!! I decided to head downstairs and meet them. I let her know which building we were in so she could find it.

Dining Review December 2011 Dining Review June 2011 Dining Review December 2010 TR Nov 2012 Dining Review Nov 2012
1998- Dixie Landings 2005- Pop/Saratoga Springs 2008- Pop Century 2009- Pop Century 2010- Pop Century 2011 Pop Century x2! 2012 Art of Animation
Old 04-20-2013, 09:44 PM   #21
emmebear
nurse & mommy.

great pictures rachel!

i'm glad you got some pictures as i felt so rushed after we checked in to get to dinner.

i really loved that room & so glad we booked it. it was perfect for our trip.

emme still talks about that room. i think we will be staying there again next month.

loving your trip report!
Old 04-20-2013, 09:44 PM   #22
cheekypoppins
DIS Veteran

i loved my Royal room in September just as much as both my daughters how can ya not? It's awesome n the lawn movies at night were fun too

Old 04-20-2013, 10:16 PM   #23
LizzieinDisney
Mouseketeer

Oh my goodness, that room is beautiful! I love all of the princess touches. What a perfect start to your vacation!
I am a Disney fanatic. I am a long-time Disneyland Annual Passholder and now a WDW Cast Member. Follow my blog, www.lizzieindisney.blogspot.com for tips, tricks, and dining reviews. And follow me on Twitter @lizzieindisney or Facebook, facebook.com/lizzieindisney

My Dining Review Thread:Living in Disney means Food! My Fine Dining Adventure
Old 04-20-2013, 10:32 PM   #24
wdwgirl03
I'm just a big Disney Freak! :-)
I will throw a party the day I get a tag!!!
I am pretty wimpy when it comes to thrill rides

Wow, that room is gorgeous! Great pictures!
'91-Disney villas '93, '95, '97, '99, '01, '02-Polynesian '03-All Star Sports '05-All Star Movies; offsite- Universal/Disney Oct. '06, Dec. '07/Jan. '08-Saratoga Springs May '08-Animal Kingdom Lodge Dec. '08-Beach Club Villas Aug. '09-Villas @ the Wilderness Lodge April '10-Kidani Village Aug. '10-Saratoga Springs Mar. '11-Old Key West Oct. '11-Saratoga Springs April '12-Boardwalk Villas April '13-Bay Lake Tower Aug. '13-Pop Century Dec. '13-Saratoga Springs April '14-Pop Century UPCOMING TRIP: Dec. '14-DISNEYLAND!!!
*DVC member since 2006*

Disneyland- '04, '06

Check out my past TRs: Mar./April '11 Oct. '11 CURRENT TR: APRIL '13 TR APRIL '13 PTR facebook Twitter/Instagram:mugirl0307
Old 04-21-2013, 08:15 AM   #25
Disney9.9.10
DIS Veteran

I'm glad that your check-in went smoothly. I love the royal rooms, they make us all into 5 year olds again!

Dec 1988 - First Trip! * 1989 * 1990 * 1992 - Polynesian * 1996 - ASMu - Dance Trip for Disney's Magic Music Days * Dec 2002 - DCL Wonder & ASMo * March 2004 * March 2005 - Pop * August 2007 - ASMu * September 2010 - Grand Floridian - Wedding/Honeymoon Trip! * August 2011 - AKL Kidani Village * December 2012 - CSR

Krysten Michael Evelyn and Scarlett Mommy to an Angel

Old 04-21-2013, 10:01 AM   #26
emmysmommy
DIS Veteran

Hi Rachel! What a stressful travel day! So glad that you were able to get an earlier flight - good thinking! And a big bonus to arrive where it is warm and sunny!

Your room is so beautiful. What fun to see all the Disney details. Sounds like Emme liked the room as well.

Your coke secret is safe with me.

Subbing for more!
Old 04-21-2013, 03:18 PM   #27
April7901
Mouseketeer

As terrified as I am to read your TR (the last one sent me running to the Disney Store for Vinylmations ) - I'm here and reading.

Just warn me if there are any new addictions
Old 04-21-2013, 04:34 PM   #28
Discajun
Go Tigers!

Hi Rachel,
Joining in from south Louisiana! Glad you made it despite the weather. My family & i visit disney at least twice a year & are going from may 4-9th. I read your food report & I think I recall a certain strawberry hittin the floor & now a bun bites the dust!! I think i see a pattern here, hehe. Sorry, i couldn't resist. Looking forward to reading more of your report. Take care.

Rob
Old 04-21-2013, 05:08 PM   #29
amytech
Mouseketeer

Joining is from MI!
Loved seeing the pics of the POR Princess room We will be heading down in a couple of weeks to stay at POFQ for our 26th wedding anniversary. I can't wait to see the grounds of POR and POFQ!

Great trip report so far
'05 All Star Music,
'07-'12 offsite trips,
May '13-POFQ, Aug. '13 BC
Old 04-21-2013, 05:48 PM   #30
Miss Potts
Mouseketeer

I have your shirt in green, it has been my "first day outfit" on 2 trips now!!
I wear it at home a lot too... It's such a soft and comfy tee!

I enjoy a good fountain drink too! I prefer Coke to Pepsi, so I won't breathe a word!

Read my PTR:
The Adventures of Miss Potts - PTR Fall 2013

1987 Hilton / 1989 FW / 1991 CBR / 1993 BC / 1995 WL / 1997 Poly / 1998 BWI / 2001 BC / 2005 Poly CL / May 2005 WL CL / Dec 2005 WL CL / August 2006 WL / Jan 2007 Poly CL/Contemporary CL / 2008 WL / Jan 2009 Poly CL / Oct/Nov 2010 AKL (Engaged!) / Oct 2011 DCL Magic (Honeymoon!) / Oct 2012 OKW/BLT / Feb 2013 WL Club / Sept/Oct 2013 Poly CL

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: