Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-17-2013, 07:35 PM   #1
SaraMc
DIS Veteran

Annual Pass questions

I ordered a AP online and the exchange ticket was mailed to me. It says I need to go to Guest Service at any of the 4 theme parks to exchange it for my actual pass.
We have booked our resort with the AP discount. Do I need to go and activate my AP first before I check in or can I do it after checking in?
Secondly, when I do get my ticket, will I get the paper one or the RFID ones?

Thanks a bunch!

Sara
Old 04-17-2013, 07:45 PM   #2
PHLtoMCO
Disboards helps me cut back on Facebook.

I have seen several posts about this in the past and although I'm not 100% certain, I do believe you can show what you received in the mail at check-in. Hoping someone else can confirm this for you or give you the best info!

I'm curious to hear what they are issuing at the moment for annual passes. I know you can exchange a paper pass for a plastic one which is what I intend on doing when I'm there in a few weeks. They put a date that you can do this up until but I'm not sure what happens after that date. I haven't gotten any additional email from Disney Passholders about it nor have I been on the boards in a few weeks
1989-Poly, 1990-Big Red Boat/Poly, 1992-Poly, 1993-BC, 1995-Poly, 1996-BC, 1997-Poly, 1999-Poly, 2001-BWI, 2003-Poly, 2005-Poly, 2006-Poly/Sports, 2007-BWV, 2008-POP, 2009-ASM, 2010-BWV, 2011-Poly, 2012-BCV/POP, 2012-Poly, 2013-POP, 2013-AKL, 2013-BLT, 2014-POP, 2014-Disneyland

runDisney races - ToT 13k, ToT 10 miler, EEC, PHM, Enchanted 10k, GSC, Coast2Coast, next up....Avengers Half Marathon!
PHLtoMCO is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-17-2013, 07:52 PM   #3
momtotwoteens
OIB for me!

I did the same thing in January and I just had the receipt that I had printed out when I ordered the passes online. We were able to check in using the discount before we went to the park to exchange it for the actual passes.
10/99 First trip ever! 12/07! Jan. 30-Feb. 7, 2009 Baby Girl's Sweet 16 trip! Dec. 13-18, 2010 Mom and Dad trip! Dec. 2-8, 2011 Mom and Dad trip take two!, Feb. '12 Friend's trip, Oct. '12 Granddaughter's 1st visit, Jan. '13 1st time staying at WLand first APs ever!, April '13 1st F&G Festival, May '13 SW, DC and the Mouse!, Aug '13 Bday trip at WL, Sept '13 Granddaughter's 2nd trip, Dec '13 Best Friend's Trip

momtotwoteens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 08:10 PM   #4
Cheshire Figment
Friend of Figment

If they even ask when you check in, you will normally be given until the next evening to return to the Front Desk with the live AP.

Now Working Part Time at Walt Disney World! (Guest Services/Ticket Sales)

A few very helpful links which are on DisBoards:
Everything About WDW Tickets and this one disABILITIES FAQs
Cheshire Figment is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 08:22 PM   #5
pieface
Mouseketeer

pass

I was able to check in with the pass validation certificate. I'm not certain if they will issue the old paper card. I received email that I can trade my paper card in for the new type card. I would imagine that they will issue you the new type of card since they want to convert mine.
pieface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 08:28 PM   #6
pieface
Mouseketeer

C Figment I have been to the world 50 times since 1972. I would have been there 150 times if I lived closer. I have been trying to convince my wife to move down there so I could get a job at Disney. I love the place
pieface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 09:35 PM   #7
MADnNOLA
DIS Veteran

A Bit Off Topic . ..

But I am planning on getting an AP when I arrive this Friday

But I already have a return trip planned for the end of May with friends. Can I book my room with the AP discount now, even though I don't have it in hand yet? Or would it be best to wait until after I get it the end of this week.

I just hate to lose out on a room discount if the resort books up!

Thanks!
"Twenty years from now, you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do, than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails." - Samuel L. Clemens

MADnNOLA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 09:47 PM   #8
mesaboy2
Using a certain word brings out a special kind of cray-cray

Quote:
Originally Posted by MADnNOLA View Post
But I am planning on getting an AP when I arrive this Friday

But I already have a return trip planned for the end of May with friends. Can I book my room with the AP discount now, even though I don't have it in hand yet? Or would it be best to wait until after I get it the end of this week.

I just hate to lose out on a room discount if the resort books up!

Thanks!
Yes, you can book without the actual AP. Be prepared to produce it at check-in if asked.
Mesaboy's DLR Trip Report -- The Quest To See Dumbo Fly

FastPass+ Basic Information, Attraction List, and Suggested Priorities
MyMagic & FastPass+ Official Information & FAQ (courtesy andyman8)
Magic Bands 101 (courtesy MouseMomx2)
mesaboy2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 10:01 PM   #9
forever11709
Mouseketeer

How do you book with an AP discount without having the AP in hand? We are planning on getting APs for our October trip and wanted to buy them before the price increase, and wait to turn the vouchers in until we get there, is this allowed?

Mommy Molly & Daddy (will I ever get him to go HOME with me?)

Molly's Trips -- July 2011 Beach Club October 2012 Beach Club October 2013 Yacht Club -- Will this child ever stay in a non-deluxe?!?!?!
forever11709 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 10:29 PM   #10
joshsmom
I baked a cake, put on respectable clothing, and I'm ringing the bell!
Has several really odd traits - typical DISer
I'm a blubbering, sentimental MESS!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by forever11709 View Post
How do you book with an AP discount without having the AP in hand? We are planning on getting APs for our October trip and wanted to buy them before the price increase, and wait to turn the vouchers in until we get there, is this allowed?
This is my exact question too. We are going in August and I know they are planning to up the prices before our trip. So my question is the same--should we buy the AP BEFORE we go (we already have a package with parkhoppers so they need to "bridge" the tickets). Can they only do that at WDW? I'm so confused.
Summer 1989--Off property April 1990--Off property June 1993--Off property September 2001--ASMo April 2003--GKTW January 2004--ASMo May 2005--ASMo May 2006--ASMo May 2007--ASMo August 2008--ASMo May 2010--ASMo November 2010--Contemporary May 2012--ASMu August 2013--ASMo June 2014--ASMu May 2015(?) Paradise Pier(?)
joshsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 10:46 PM   #11
texasteacher35
DIS Veteran

Quote:
You just book it by calling WDW. Tell the CM that u r purchasing the AP. You may have to produce it upon check in- so we ran to dtd to get our's first- before checking in. You can't book it online.

DL GCV 4/2013...WLV 6/2013...SSR 7/2013
JANUARY 2012- BCV, DECEMBER 2012- SSR, AUGUST 2012- BWV, JUNE 2012-Our 1st Star Wars Weekend- BLT, 3/2012- BLT, 1/2012- BCV, 11/2011- WBC, MAY 2011/ CBR Pirate Room, 11/2010- CR Tower, 7/2010- YACHT CLUB, 11/2009- CBR Pirate Room, 10/2001- GF
texasteacher35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 11:00 PM   #12
parkhopping
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshsmom View Post
This is my exact question too. We are going in August and I know they are planning to up the prices before our trip. So my question is the same--should we buy the AP BEFORE we go (we already have a package with parkhoppers so they need to "bridge" the tickets). Can they only do that at WDW? I'm so confused.
Ticket bridging/upgrading can only be done in person at a GR office. If you want to book using an AP discount, you'll need to purchase the AP online before you book. You can use the discount before you exchange the voucher for the real thing.

Quote:
Once you purchase the AP online, you'll have access to the passholder page and the ability to book a room under a passholder special. You can also call; the CM will be able to look up your info and see that you have purchased a pass. You can do all of this before exchanging the voucher.

MK '99 ~ WDW vacation '01 (ASMu) ~ DL/DCA '03 ~ Now a FL resident seasonal passholder!
Everything you ever wanted to know about Be Our Guest
parkhopping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 05:49 AM   #13
suemom2kay
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by parkhopping View Post
Ticket bridging/upgrading can only be done in person at a GR office. If you want to book using an AP discount, you'll need to purchase the AP online before you book. You can use the discount before you exchange the voucher for the real thing.

Once you purchase the AP online, you'll have access to the passholder page and the ability to book a room under a passholder special. You can also call; the CM will be able to look up your info and see that you have purchased a pass. You can do all of this before exchanging the voucher.
Actually this is not true. You can buy tickets, then upgrade at GR. As previous posters have said, when you check-in just tell them you haven't gotten your passes yet. Then return to front desk once you have your AP in hand.

With the current state of the website with the new "upgrade." One cannot get into the AP section. It is supposed to work but it does not. Actually even with the old website it was dogy at best.

suemom2kay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 09:42 AM   #14
Disney_Princess83
DIS Veteran

You are usually given until the second night to show your AP. Disney realises that you haven't always purchased your AP prior to arrival.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaraMc View Post
I ordered a AP online and the exchange ticket was mailed to me. It says I need to go to Guest Service at any of the 4 theme parks to exchange it for my actual pass.
We have booked our resort with the AP discount. Do I need to go and activate my AP first before I check in or can I do it after checking in?
Secondly, when I do get my ticket, will I get the paper one or the RFID ones?

Thanks a bunch!

Sara

Almost 6 Weeks at Disney.... it's Happened! October & November 2013! Trip Report and Food Review to Follow Soon

Starbucks has arrived at WDW! MK, EPCOT and soon the entire World!
Add me on Twitter: @OzGoofyPrincess
Disney_Princess83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 09:46 AM   #15
TDC Nala
1937, what a year that was
Diet Coke on Ice or Else
I apparently don't do anything they want to stimulate

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
With the current state of the website with the new "upgrade." One cannot get into the AP section. It is supposed to work but it does not. Actually even with the old website it was dogy at best.
The new RFID card annual passes cannot be registered on the passholder website at this time. I could get in with my old pass when I had it but I knew people who couldn't.

Now that I have an RFID pass, I will not be able to check prices or book online with an AP discount. I'd have to call.

From what I am finding, since March 20 all new AP issues are on the RFID cards.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: