DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > Purchasing DVC
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-17-2013, 07:15 PM   #1
disneysled
Earning My Ears

Using banked points?

I'm wondering if you can use banked points to make a reservation that will occur after the UY but make the reservation before the UY? Yikes does that make sense???

Situation: Offered on a contract today that has 81 2012 points left with a October UY. We are planning a trip in November and will need those points however they need to be used by 10/1 so we asked the sellers to bank the points --- however now I'm wondering if this is going to work. If we pass rofr (this is our third attempt) we won't probably have the points loaded until mid to end June - the reservation we need to make is 2 rooms at SSR - a 2 bedroom 149 points and a studio 59 points - I know I can borrow enough to cover the 2 bedroom (its a 150 pt contract) but will I have to wait until 10/1 to actually be able to make a reservation using the 81 banked points?

Pretty confusing :/
disneysled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 07:24 PM   #2
MickeyFan612
Mouseketeer

DVC Gold Member
Paid DVC Rent/Trade
Gold Membership

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneysled View Post
I'm wondering if you can use banked points to make a reservation that will occur after the UY but make the reservation before the UY? Yikes does that make sense???

Situation: Offered on a contract today that has 81 2012 points left with a October UY. We are planning a trip in November and will need those points however they need to be used by 10/1 so we asked the sellers to bank the points --- however now I'm wondering if this is going to work. If we pass rofr (this is our third attempt) we won't probably have the points loaded until mid to end June - the reservation we need to make is 2 rooms at SSR - a 2 bedroom 149 points and a studio 59 points - I know I can borrow enough to cover the 2 bedroom (its a 150 pt contract) but will I have to wait until 10/1 to actually be able to make a reservation using the 81 banked points?

Pretty confusing :/
You will not need to wait til 10/01 to make your reservation but now that points have been banked they will need to be for a reservation beginning 10/01
Or later which works great w/ your travel dates being in November-). You did the right thing to bank them-).
MickeyFan612 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-17-2013, 07:26 PM   #3
chalee94
I thought all sand was ground up rocks
He's used to walking n00bies

for an oct UY:

*your oct 2013 UY pts are valid for stays from oct 1, 2013 to sept 30, 2014.

*your banked oct 2012 UY pts are valid for stays from oct 1, 2013 to sept 30, 2014.

*your borrowed oct 2014 UY pts are valid for stays from oct 1, 2013 to sept 30, 2014.

a nov 2013 trip falls in your oct 2013 UY.

your booking window is based on home resort. you can call 11 months in advance to book your home resort. that means you can call in dec 2012 to book nov 2013. 11 months = 11 months no matter what your UY is.

so when you call as early as dec 2012 to book nov 2013, you could use any of the combination of the pts listed above to book. all of your pts through 2040 and beyond are already in your account. you are only limited by the booking window (11 months out) and the borrowing limitation (you can only borrow 1 UY ahead).

chalee94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 07:27 PM   #4
disneysled
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by MickeyFan612 View Post

You will not need to wait til 10/01 to make your reservation but now that points have been banked they will need to be for a reservation beginning 10/01
Or later which works great w/ your travel dates being in November-). You did the right thing to bank them-).
Thank you! Makes me feel much better
disneysled is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: