DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC-Mousecellaneous
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-18-2013, 01:44 PM   #16
Meggysmum
Mouseketeer

I would actually like a DVC resort at Disneyland Paris. It would save me having to pay out for a transatlantic flight everytime I want my DVC fix! I am sure there would be a big market in europe but doubt it would ever happen.
Meggysmum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 07:26 AM   #17
zavandor
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meggysmum View Post
I would actually like a DVC resort at Disneyland Paris. It would save me having to pay out for a transatlantic flight everytime I want my DVC fix! I am sure there would be a big market in europe but doubt it would ever happen.
I have enough points now and I'm not looking anymore to resales sites. I would never buy direct in any case, not at those prices, but if there is a resort that might convince me to buy more points (via resale) would be a Disneyland Hotel DVC at Disneyland Paris.
And I would buy a LOT of points there
zavandor is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-19-2013, 11:33 AM   #18
DougEMG
DIS Veteran

There isn't a resort anywhere that Disney could build that would interest me at current direct prices of $130+.

Now if I ever win the lottery, Golden Oaks here I come
Old 04-19-2013, 11:55 AM   #19
rock_doctor
DIS Veteran

No. Eventually it will be available in the resale marked...probably within a year of opening. Disney direct pricing is twice and in some cases 3x the cost of resale. The only reason to buy direct is for cruise use or travel out of the US. And those conversion rates are so bad very few use their points that way.
rock_doctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 12:29 PM   #20
ssawka
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by rock_doctor View Post
No. Eventually it will be available in the resale marked...probably within a year of opening. Disney direct pricing is twice and in some cases 3x the cost of resale. The only reason to buy direct is for cruise use or travel out of the US. And those conversion rates are so bad very few use their points that way.
I think the OP was referring to the idea of an "exclusive" resort where you would have to be an owner to stay at. In that case, Disney could use ROFR to buy every contract that comes up for sale. Granted, it would have to be a fairly small resort and Disney would probably have to build into the a contract a maximum price (maybe the current selling price).

Please show your support for GKTW!

"A man should never neglect his family for business." -W. Disney

"Disneyland is a work of love. We didn't go into Disneyland just with the idea of making money." -W. Disney

"Adults are only kids grown up..." -W. Disney

(Me) (DD 12)

ssawka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 12:35 PM   #21
Greysword

DIS Dad #618
Fantasmic is not rainbows and unicorns; it is a full contact sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by rock_doctor View Post
The only reason to buy direct is for cruise use or travel out of the US.
I disagree. DVC point use at the Disneyland Resort hotels is a good exchange and viable due to the low number of VGC villas and no fee to trade into the Disney Collection in California.

As for the question at hand, I am ineligible, since all of our points are direct. However, I would put the money down again to DVD for any Disneyland Resort location, and it would be fun if they expanded the DLH with a DVC wing.
- Chris, DIS Dad #618.

Greysword is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 02:15 PM   #22
psac
DIS Veteran

No. I really can't think of anything that would be worth the retail prices. It would have to be something that you couldn't book cash to make it worth considering, because otherwise any breakeven analysis between cash and retail DVC is too for out to worth the expense, especially with the resale DVC points we already have.
Past AKL-K Apr'14, BWV Nov'13, VWL/DCL Fantasy Sep'13, Poly CL Jul'13, AKL CL Apr'13, BWV Nov'12, BC CL Jun'12, BLT Apr'12, BWV Nov'11, CR Jul'11, BWI CL Nov'10, GF CL Apr'10, GF Apr'09, Omni Champ. Apr'07, POR Oct '03
psac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 09:28 PM   #23
miprender
Michelle Boo Boo

Quote:
Originally Posted by geraghty View Post
I would definitely consider poly and that's about it. I have never stayed there, but have always wanted to. I always go at peak times and could never afford/justify full price.
That is us too. I just can't justify the price but if they ever build DVC I may be tempted to purchase a small contract.
Old 04-28-2013, 09:54 PM   #24
magicmonette
Working on Future DVC Retirement Home!

For SURE a Fort Wilderness DVC! It would need to be like the Cabins, but on steroids!

...it's a blurr! Kids, family, friends, and just Husband and ME! Offsite five times:THEN multiple times at each Fort Wilderness Campground AND the Cabins, All Star Music, All Star Sports, All Star Movies, Pop Century, Caribbean Beach, Old Key West and AKL,AKV,BLT,BWV...and on to the next!
magicmonette is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: