DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC-Mousecellaneous
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-17-2013, 05:54 PM   #1
goNDmay9
Mouseketeer

Hypothetical ? For "Resale Only" buyers

This question is aimed at the disers who (except for small contracts where the price is close) will pretty much only consider retail for DVC.

Is there a rumored or fantasy resort that DVD could build that would temp you to buy direct? If so, which location/fantasy villa and why (or why not)???

Caveat: don't get toooooo outlandish with the fantasy villa. At least make it some what plausible so we can have some fun.

For me, it is Poly DVC (if I could afford it of course). My excitement starts to outweigh analytics (especially with some of the rumored Poly changes) and I wonder if I would be willing to wait a few years for contracts to be available resale.
Old 04-17-2013, 05:58 PM   #2
Dean
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by goNDmay9 View Post
This question is aimed at the disers who (except for small contracts where the price is close) will pretty much only consider retail for DVC.

Is there a rumored or fantasy resort that DVD could build that would temp you to buy direct? If so, which location/fantasy villa and why (or why not)???

Caveat: don't get toooooo outlandish with the fantasy villa. At least make it some what plausible so we can have some fun.

For me, it is Poly DVC (if I could afford it of course). My excitement starts to outweigh analytics (especially with some of the rumored Poly changes) and I wonder if I would be willing to wait a few years for contracts to be available resale.
I doubt there's a specific resort that could entice me for retail other than maybe Maui or Aruba depending on specifics but it'd have to be OF and make sense otherwise. I can't think of a single resort location that Disney has or a Disney hotel that would cause me to jump based on the emotions. However, IMO, there are VIP options that could convince most members to consider retail.
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-17-2013, 06:21 PM   #3
chalee94
I thought all sand was ground up rocks
He's used to walking n00bies

Quote:
VGF is the closest one that would tempt me but i suspect the point prices and point charts will limit my interest in actually staying there...

chalee94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 07:29 PM   #4
goNDmay9
Mouseketeer

Ooooh. Aruba would be nice. What does OF stand for?
Old 04-17-2013, 07:37 PM   #5
Dean
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Ooooh. Aruba would be nice. What does OF stand for?
Ocean Front.
Old 04-17-2013, 08:32 PM   #6
dbs1228
DIS Veteran

For me it would be Ft. Wilderness but not if the resort is like VWL - it would have to have golf cart access and easy access to the FT trading post and entire area.

dbs1228 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 09:13 PM   #7
ELMC
DIS Veteran

DVC Cinderella's castle would be the location that would get me to buy direct. Seriously though, if they added guaranteed benefits such as early park access or preferential ride queues I would buy direct in a heartbeat. For me, while on vacation, convenience trumps cost more so than usual. That being said, I'm a bit reluctant to shell out the $1,800 a day for a private guide and unlimited line cutting privileges. So a VIP system as suggested by Dean could convince me to buy direct.
Old 04-17-2013, 09:23 PM   #8
DebbieB
DVC Member BWV 99
You have to compare apples to apples

I always said GF would be the only place that would make me want to sell my BWV. Now that the reality is here, it's just too expensive. My BWV is long paid off and I don't have leisure money now that I bought a home. I'll just roll the dice at 7 months, which is what I have done with VGC. I was seriously considering 100 points at VGC when it first opened but when the first use year was June and I would have to wait almost a year for my April use year, I said forget it. I'm 3 for 3 at 7 months there.
Old 04-17-2013, 09:51 PM   #9
sweetdana
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Would cast a way cove count? If so n transportation there was reasonable.

Reality poly would do it, if they put in a hot tub.

sweetdana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 10:32 PM   #10
Mickey'sApprentice
Shamelessly demand, it works better
DIS Veteran

No. $84/point was a stretch for me.
Apr '92 Off Property (Honeymoon): Dec '94, Feb '02 CR: Jan '05 WL/POR: Nov '06, Jan '09 HHI: Apr '07: First Trip "Home" to BWV: Jan '08: BWV, Mar '09: POR/BWV: Jan. '10 POR/AKV (Jambo), July '10: POFQ/BCV: Dec '10 AKV (Kidani)/POR:Sep. '11 POR/BWV, Jan '12: POP, Apr '12: POR/BWV, Jan '13: Conference/WL, Jul "13:POR. Dec '13: DOL/BLT 40th B-day Trip Report

Mickey'sApprentice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 07:46 AM   #11
nunzia
You can't top pigs with pigs, but you CAN top Toys with Toys

For me it was VGC...went to great lengths to be able to own there without buying the then required 160 direct points (bought small OKW resale so VGC when it came available would be addons, bought 60 and 65 direct, sold OKW, bought 50 and 50 direct, then 65 and then reseale of 125 in an odd timing fluke so here I am with 415 when I thought 125 would work just fine..sillysilly..) So, VGC was and is my fantasy resort.
Old 04-18-2013, 08:27 AM   #12
Lynne M

DISboards Moderator

Nope. If I could get it resale by waiting a couple of years, there's no resort, anywhere, that would make me throw away thousands of dollars just for instant gratification. Especially since I can stay there right away with my current points. Do I want to try GF villas? You bet. But my VWL points will work just as well there.

If I found that completely loved the place, wanted to stay there often, and had major trouble getting reservations at 7 months throughout the year, I'd start looking for a resale.
Lynne M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 08:32 AM   #13
OrangeCountyCommuter
DIS Veteran

Mine already happened and I bought... (AKV)

Can't see anything else moving me to direct again.
OrangeCountyCommuter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 08:42 AM   #14
ssawka
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetdana View Post
Would cast a way cove count? If so n transportation there was reasonable.

Reality poly would do it, if they put in a hot tub.
ITA! Castaway Cay would do it for me. Well that, and maybe the Contemporary Resort... Oh yeah, I already own there.

Please show your support for GKTW!

"A man should never neglect his family for business." -W. Disney

"Disneyland is a work of love. We didn't go into Disneyland just with the idea of making money." -W. Disney

"Adults are only kids grown up..." -W. Disney

(Me) (DD 12)

ssawka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 11:41 AM   #15
geraghty
Mouseketeer

I would definitely consider poly and that's about it. I have never stayed there, but have always wanted to. I always go at peak times and could never afford/justify full price.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: