Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-17-2013, 03:17 PM   #1
mlj0916
Earning My Ears

September 2013 - Crowds/Weather

Hi! My husband and I will be coming to Disney September 11-22 with our 6, 2, and 3 mth old. We are staying at the Beach Club and have been to Disney 2x before in May 09 & August 10. Just curious how the weather and crowds compare to May and August. Thanks!
mlj0916 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 03:34 PM   #2
Kristian
Mouseketeer

I love Disney in September.

The weather is still hot and pretty humid. We experienced 85+ degree days during our entire trip last September with the exception of one day. Our very first day in the parks was a MK day and it only hit 75 degrees, but it did rain all day. We pulled our ponchos on and enjoyed the park and it was a ghost town. The rain did help clear the park out, but crowds are generally low after Labor Day through the week leading up to Thanksgiving anyway, with the exception of Columbus Day I believe, so it's a great time to go.

Expect some rain and rather hot weather, but the lower crowds make even that very manageable in my opinion. Stay hydrated, pack ponchos and clothing for warm/hot weather and you will be fine. Sunscreen and Sun hats are a good idea also...September is still Summer weather at Disney.

I have been there at the end of July/Early August and it is a total different ball game as far as crowds go, but the weather is pretty similar, however September may be a few degrees cooler.

We are heading down on September 22nd through the 29th

Last edited by Kristian; 04-17-2013 at 03:41 PM.
Kristian is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-17-2013, 08:34 PM   #3
winnieatepooh
Mouseketeer

I was nervous about the heat, and rightly so! It was so humid, it smacks you in the face as soon as you leave your room. I don't know why I bothered doing my hair, it just went all curly and gross and just had to get put up lol. But, that being said, the crowds were virtually non existent, we didn't have to wait for anything! And we are going back again this sept. too

2013 - POP
2012 - CSR
2011 - Off Site
2005 - Off Site
1998 - Off Site
winnieatepooh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 08:44 PM   #4
DisneyWisher
DIS Veteran

May has the same heat and humidity as Sept. August is the worst month for those. Since you've survived that you will love Sept. it's so quiet. We were just there this past weekend and I said no, I'm staying with Sept and January. I love my low crowds. We took my granddaughter for the first time in Sept'09 she was 5 months. She was perfect, fell asleep at each meal. As soon as we arrived DD would feed her just before we were taken to our table and Jenny was asleep within minutes. It was great.
DisneyWisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 06:45 AM   #5
bluejasmine
DIS Veteran

We go every yr in Sept for our anniversary and it is HOT but we feel like we get to still enjoy the summer w/o the crowds! We get to the parks at RD and normally get thru all the headliners by 11am have lunch, tour some more leave around 130/2 to go back to resort to swim and layout and come back around 5/6 to the parks to ride more and make our dinner ADRs..

We have gone in 2week of june 2x and HATED the crowds! We went the week before Christmas and that got crazy as well!
ASMo 2003/2005, ASMu 2009,Pop 2006/2013, SSR 2008, Poly CL 2010/2011/2013, GF CL 2012, AKL 2011, CR 2011, BC CL 2012, POR 2005/2012, CBR 2011, DCL Fantasy 2012, Hilton DTD 2011(2x) Best Western DTD 2010/2012
bluejasmine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 06:56 AM   #6
JohnstonMandy
Earning My Ears

There's no other time we'll go! We love September!!
JohnstonMandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 07:10 AM   #7
AmyB2006
I'd rather be in Disney!

September has always been a lower crowd month, but the heat is still pretty "in your face". I live down here in FL and we go to Disney three times a year. But all from the stretch of late October through the end of March. I refuse to go during the other months. It's just too hot for me.

AmyB2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 09:00 AM   #8
2manydaves
Mouseketeer

LOVED going in September and wish we could do it every year.

Yes, it's hot, but the lack of crowds make up for it. I can deal with heat when I can walk on virtually every ride.
2manydaves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 09:10 AM   #9
GaBelle
DIS Veteran

We also love to go in September.
Ditto hot and humid. Expect a pop up thunderstorm daily. These usually do not last very long, cool things off and clear out the parks.
Old 04-18-2013, 07:34 PM   #10
mlj0916
Earning My Ears

Thank you everyone!
mlj0916 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 08:11 PM   #11
maryj11
DIS Veteran

We have gone September labor day week several different times. The weather is hot and humid. I would take a shower and get ready to leave in the mornings and would be sweating before the bus came There is the ocassional down pours but they dont last long. Only once did it rain half the day. If there is a hurricane that could bring more rain than your ocassional shower
To me it seems crowds have gotten larger since we started going back in 2001, but this is labor day week so that might bring in more people . We use to go to evening EMH and not have hardly any lines for the rides. This past time we went to EMH it was crowded up until about an hour before it was over . I decided we should avoid EMH days from now on.
I'm not saying it is crowded but saying it seems there are more people there than in the past. It is still a great time to go with low crowds especially in the middle of the week. Crowds thin out a lot after labor day though, then pick up toward the weekend.
Take a misting fan, water to drink, and a poncho or umbrella for rain to be prepared for the weather
We have gone in September labor day week off and on for years, we have gone in December and October. September wins on having the lowest crowds out of those 3 I know the crowds are way less in September than in May and August from what I have found out on the internet. I would say the weather may be about the same.
Since you are not going when we usually go during labor day week I would think crowds would be even lower.

Last edited by maryj11; 04-20-2013 at 01:51 PM.
maryj11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 08:36 AM   #12
ArmyVet80
Mouseketeer

We (my wife and I) went to WDW in Sept 2012 and the weather wasn't bad. We are from Indiana though so it was nice not having the weather change from warm to below freezing in a matter of hours. It rained for a short time on one of the days we were there. As said in a previous post the MK was a ghost town for about 2 hours. My wife actually has a picture of Cinderella's Castle with no people. It's an awesome picture with the Walt and Mickey statue included.

The crowds weren't bad at all. We walked on Soarin multiple times during the week while waiting for our ADR's at Epcot. The longest we waited for a ride was 15 minutes. Maybe we were lucky but even the buses were pretty empty while we were there. We went to the first MNSSHP of 2012 and even it was pretty empty for what we figured it would be.

We actually have decided that we will be going to WDW in Sept for more trips we are planning. This year we are running the Wine & Dine Half Marathon so we have started planning next years trip.

POFQ: June 2009
All-Star Music: Dec. 2010 thru Jan. 2011
CSR: Sept. 2012
POFQ: Nov. 2013
POFQ: Sept/Oct 2014
ArmyVet80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 11:04 AM   #13
HappyWife05
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArmyVet80 View Post
We (my wife and I) went to WDW in Sept 2012 and the weather wasn't bad. We are from Indiana though so it was nice not having the weather change from warm to below freezing in a matter of hours. It rained for a short time on one of the days we were there. As said in a previous post the MK was a ghost town for about 2 hours. My wife actually has a picture of Cinderella's Castle with no people. It's an awesome picture with the Walt and Mickey statue included.

The crowds weren't bad at all. We walked on Soarin multiple times during the week while waiting for our ADR's at Epcot. The longest we waited for a ride was 15 minutes. Maybe we were lucky but even the buses were pretty empty while we were there. We went to the first MNSSHP of 2012 and even it was pretty empty for what we figured it would be.

We actually have decided that we will be going to WDW in Sept for more trips we are planning. This year we are running the Wine & Dine Half Marathon so we have started planning next years trip.

Could you tell me what the dates were for your last trip in September? We are planning a trip for Sept 8th-15th and were wondering about crowd levels. Thanks!
HappyWife05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 11:20 AM   #14
DisneyFive
Luv'n the magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyWife05 View Post
Could you tell me what the dates were for your last trip in September? We are planning a trip for Sept 8th-15th and were wondering about crowd levels. Thanks!
Considering many schools start just after labor day, the park crowds are SUPER low the week you are talking about. It's one of the slowest weeks of the year. September is the slowest month of them all on average. Any time in Sept after labor day is about the lowest crowds you are going to get.

We've gone late Sept the last few years and love it. Temps average highs of about 88F, with pretty high humidity but we like warm weather (our last hoorah for the year before settling in for our MI winter). Also, the average rainfall goes down the later you get in Sept and into Oct.

However, keep in mind that low crowds at Disney do not mean that the parks are empty by any means. There are still a lot of people, just not packed like the peak months.

Dan
POP, September 2011, 9 days Very Fun, Hot!
POP, September 2010, 8 days Magical!!!
DisneyFive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 03:54 PM   #15
maryj11
DIS Veteran

Found a link that will help you on crowds in Septemberhttp://www.easywdw.com/category/cale...rowd-calendar/

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: