Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-17-2013, 02:47 PM   #1
HdnOut2WDW
Mouseketeer

Wonderland Tea Party

Can anyone tell me about the Wonderland Tea Party? Are the parents allowed to go in with the kiddos? Thinking about doing it but I would like to be in with my girls.

37 days and counting!!!!!

Sydney Samantha
HdnOut2WDW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 02:56 PM   #2
mom2rtk
DIS Veteran

No parents. No matter how nicely you ask. Still, it's TONS of fun for the kids, and my daughter highly recommends it.

It's actually a nice time for Mom to get to wander around the Grand Floridian. Once I sat in the lobby and watched people go by. Another time I sat down on the dock and had some lunch. Another time I focused on photography around the resort. It was a nice break.
mom2rtk is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-17-2013, 02:58 PM   #3
disneynewbee
DIS Veteran

Yep no parents. My kids had a blast

10/2004 ASMo, 11/2006 POP, 10/2009 POP, 11/2012 POP
disneynewbee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 02:58 PM   #4
PictureJumpr
At Least 'til it Rains

The Wonderland Tea Party is kids only, the CMs and characters are the only "adults" allowed. This one is $42 per child, and they get to make cupcakes, have tea, visit with Alice and the Hatter, and make flower bouquets to take with them.

The Perfectly Princess Tea Party is for kids and parents together. This one is $250 for one child and one adult, with a charge of about $180 for each additional child or about $80 for each additional adult. They get to hang out with Rose, have a full tea service, and they get tiaras and bracelets and princess dolls, and do a parade through the lobby.
PictureJumpr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 03:14 PM   #5
TDC Nala
1937, what a year that was
Diet Coke on Ice or Else
I apparently don't do anything they want to stimulate

DISboards Moderator

No parents, it's for the kids only.

They won't even let the parents hang around and watch. You'd have to spring for the big bucks princess tea if you want to accompany them.
Old 04-17-2013, 04:06 PM   #6
HdnOut2WDW
Mouseketeer

Thanks for the info. I know about the other Princess tea party but not sure about dropping that kind of money. We are already doing BBB and was looking for something for us to do while daddy is gone to a conference.

One last question.....since characters are there is their at least a chance for parents to take pictures at the beginning or the end? If we can then I won't mind just dropping them off but if I can't at least take a pic I think I will just pass.

Thanks again!!!!!

Sydney Samantha
HdnOut2WDW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 04:28 PM   #7
mom2rtk
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by HdnOut2WDW View Post
Thanks for the info. I know about the other Princess tea party but not sure about dropping that kind of money. We are already doing BBB and was looking for something for us to do while daddy is gone to a conference.

One last question.....since characters are there is their at least a chance for parents to take pictures at the beginning or the end? If we can then I won't mind just dropping them off but if I can't at least take a pic I think I will just pass.

Thanks again!!!!!

Sydney Samantha
You'll get to go in to get them seated but will be asked to leave before the characters get there. And you'll be invited in at the end after the characters leave. They will however, have photopass there to take lots of photos in your absence. This is a HUGE improvement over the earlier times we did this when there was no photopass in the room except to take one shot of each girl with Alice and the Mad Hatter to send home. Now you'll get lots of shots of them playing games.
mom2rtk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 06:17 PM   #8
SnoWhiteRabbit
DIS Veteran

When my girls did it (in maybe 2005-ish?) they were given a polaroid photo of themselves with the characters, in a frame, maybe signed...It was cute, but photopass sounds much better. But, even in the past without photopass, they made sure you got a photo....so sounds like with the addition/availability of photopass, you will get some good photos

My girls loved it. My son was too young at the time, so I took him on a monorail ride while waiting. He got to ride in the front cab, when they were still allowing that.

I recommend it.

Next Trip 8/14 So Much to Celebrate! ASMo * 12/10 Our Very Merry SuRpRiSe ChRiStMaS TRiP * 1/08 Grand Gathering POR - Papa's 70th & Blaise's 6th - Pirate & Princess Party! * 11/05 POR - Jersey Week - Food & Wine Festival * 12/04 POP & ASMo - MVMCP * 10/02 POFQ & ASMo - DD 4th Birthday & MNSSHP * 5/01 AKL & POR - Flower & Garden Festival * 5/00 ASMo - Flower & Garden Festival * Childhood trips... 7/83 Disneyland * 2/79 POL * 12/75 First Trip - age 6 (off site) Thanks Gramma for the best Christmas gift ever! I'll always remember the magic...*

SnoWhiteRabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 09:31 PM   #9
ibcrazie4dizney
Mouseketeer

I have been looking for this tea party on Disney site and cant find anything on it. only can find the expensive one with the doll. does anyone know where to look? I also came across a mention of supercalafragalistic breakfast(sorry about spelling). does anyone know about this or if they still have it?
Old 04-17-2013, 09:41 PM   #10
Disney Fool

The name says it all

Call Disney dining 1-407 WDW-Dine;
I believe the breakfast is at 1900 Park Fare at Grand Floridian
Old 04-17-2013, 09:44 PM   #11
pooh4evr
Mouseketeer
In STL we drink soda and eat barbecue, use realators, eat sherbert, and drive on rout farty far

nope no parents and no pictures, we have done it 2 times, each time the girls LOVED it (there have been boys at each one too). Now last time (2011) the girls did get a big picture in a folder frame with autographs from Alice and Mad Hattter, and I think there might have been a photopass person there too.
Old 04-17-2013, 10:15 PM   #12
forever11709
Mouseketeer

So I was just reading about this, DD is 3 and would love to have a tea party, but I read that they have to be potty trained, she is not, she could POSSIBLY be by our trip in October but I doubt it as she has no desire to do it what so ever. Will they turn her away if she is in a diaper?

Mommy Molly & Daddy (will I ever get him to go HOME with me?)

Molly's Trips -- July 2011 Beach Club October 2012 Beach Club October 2013 Yacht Club -- Will this child ever stay in a non-deluxe?!?!?!
forever11709 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 10:19 PM   #13
bumbershoot
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by HdnOut2WDW View Post
You could simply do the *normal* tea, just the two of you, at the Gardenview Tea Room. No characters, no party; just you two having tea. The "Princess" tea (called "Prince" tea when ordered by a male) is quite tasty and is herbal (so they would remind me it's an "infusion" and not a tea), and there are other herbal infusions, or there's chocolate milk. You can get things a la carte,or get packages of food/beverage for each person.

I've now done it something like 3 times, with a variety of different people, and I think it's just wonderful.

To get reservations you have to call; no online ADRs for it. (probably because of the confusion between Perfectly Princess, Wonderland, and *normal* tea room concepts)

DLR '05-'09 found within this link
DLR 7,9,12 2012 Universal Feb '12 DLR Dec '11 and Feb '12

Made weight goal 1yr8m8days after starting...currently working to maintain 85 lb loss thanks to Weight Watchers!
bumbershoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 10:39 PM   #14
Alesia
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by forever11709 View Post
Will they turn her away if she is in a diaper?
Yep. Potty trained means potty trained - no exceptions.

Alesia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 11:18 PM   #15
parkhopping
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bumbershoot View Post
You could simply do the *normal* tea, just the two of you, at the Gardenview Tea Room. No characters, no party; just you two having tea. The "Princess" tea (called "Prince" tea when ordered by a male) is quite tasty and is herbal (so they would remind me it's an "infusion" and not a tea), and there are other herbal infusions, or there's chocolate milk. You can get things a la carte,or get packages of food/beverage for each person.

I've now done it something like 3 times, with a variety of different people, and I think it's just wonderful.

To get reservations you have to call; no online ADRs for it. (probably because of the confusion between Perfectly Princess, Wonderland, and *normal* tea room concepts)
I was about to suggest this! My mom and I did the regular tea when I was 12 and loved it. If you think your daughters would enjoy a "grown-up" experience, this is a great idea. You could get dressed up and turn it into a fun etiquette lesson

MK '99 ~ WDW vacation '01 (ASMu) ~ DL/DCA '03 ~ Now a FL resident seasonal passholder!
Everything you ever wanted to know about Be Our Guest
parkhopping is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: