Adventures by Disney forums

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Adventures By Disney
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-16-2013, 07:39 AM   #16
nunzia
You can't top pigs with pigs, but you CAN top Toys with Toys

I'm just following along as an observer. We were booked on the Oct Adults only trip but our daughter is due right about then so we cancelled..so . Hope this is offered next year as really want to do it. I only wish they would add a Statue of Liberty and Ellis Island section of the trip.Can't wait to read trip reports!
Old 05-16-2013, 10:49 AM   #17
DisneyCruisin'
DIS Veteran

Ellis Island is still closed. I am sure that is the main reason it's not on the list. ALso, ABD doesn't always list everything so there are a few suprises during the trip.

DisneyCruisin' is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-16-2013, 04:05 PM   #18
nunzia

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyCruisin' View Post
Ellis Island is still closed. I am sure that is the main reason it's not on the list. ALso, ABD doesn't always list everything so there are a few suprises during the trip.
From the hurricane? Still? We had booked a trip to NY this April and the fact that Ellis Island was closed (as well as Mary Poppins and Chaplin closing) caused us to cancel.
Old 05-16-2013, 09:36 PM   #19
SingingMom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by nunzia View Post

From the hurricane? Still? We had booked a trip to NY this April and the fact that Ellis Island was closed (as well as Mary Poppins and Chaplin closing) caused us to cancel.
But R&H Cinderella is open now! It is wonderful!! Newsies is fantastic. (Except Jeremy Jordan was a better Jack Kelly ;-). ) Pippin is getting good reviews, too. And, ALADDIN is coming next Spring!!!!

"SingingMom" ....Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

08/76 Fort Wilderness, 09/85 off site, 03/87 off site, 10/91 POFQ, 9/96 Dixie Landings, 07/14-21/01 Disney Magic Cruise! 6/22-7/01/06 Dolphin, 6/22-30/07 Dolphin 6/24-7/02/08 Dolphin, 6/23-7/01/2009 Dolphin, FIVE-PEAT 6/2010 Dolphin! 5/14-21/12 ABD City of Knights & Lights, 1/8-16/13 Dolphin, 7/14-7/22/13 Once Upon a Fairytale, 1/2014 Dolphin, 7/2014 POFQ, 8/2014 Disney Aulani
SingingMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 09:39 PM   #20
Computer Magic
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SingingMom View Post
But R&H Cinderella is open now! It is wonderful!! Newsies is fantastic. (Except Jeremy Jordan was a better Jack Kelly ;-). ) Pippin is getting good reviews, too. And, ALADDIN is coming next Spring!!!!

I hope they change their Broadway show Aladdin. Call me old fashion, but I might hold out.
Computer Magic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 06:25 AM   #21
DisneyCruisin'
DIS Veteran

I think Ellis Island is closed due to renovations still. I remembering hearing something about Lady Liberty being finished and they were opening her but that Ellis Island was going to still be closed for a while longer.

I do suspect that if they offer the NYC trip next year the show will be Aladdin. I know we are going to the prop room at the theatre Aladdin is using. (I am drawing a brain blank for the theatre name this morning.)

Old 05-17-2013, 07:21 AM   #22
nunzia

Quote:

I had Newsies tickets..the reason I wanted to go to NY in the first place is being a huge Newsies fan..and sold them on Stub Hub..Kinda hate the R&H Cinderella but had a friend recently go who loved it..especially the effects. Hopefully I can make it when Aladdin and Newsies are playing! (PS..hate Jeremy Jordan's character on Newsies)
Eagerly awaiting the announcement of next year's itineraries.
Old 05-17-2013, 12:13 PM   #23
SingingMom
DIS Veteran

Quote:

I had Newsies tickets..the reason I wanted to go to NY in the first place is being a huge Newsies fan..and sold them on Stub Hub..Kinda hate the R&H Cinderella but had a friend recently go who loved it..especially the effects. Hopefully I can make it when Aladdin and Newsies are playing! (PS..hate Jeremy Jordan's character on Newsies)
Eagerly awaiting the announcement of next year's itineraries.
I hope you meant Jeremy's character on Smash, not Newsies!! ;-). He was a bum on Smash but a doll in Newsies. Lol we've been following his career for a few years now, just saw him Sunday night in a cabaret in NYC of Michael Mott's music. We had a great time catching up with him.

R&H Cinderella was fabulous. The book was revised and Laura Osnes was incredible, as usual. We've seen her in Anything Goes and Bonnie & Clyde. Tremendous talent and a sweetheart. She IS Cinderella!

We live 40 mins from NYC and go into the city often, but we would still be interested in an ABD to Manhattan. I would love to see what "perks" they include in the tour.

08/76 Fort Wilderness, 09/85 off site, 03/87 off site, 10/91 POFQ, 9/96 Dixie Landings, 07/14-21/01 Disney Magic Cruise! 6/22-7/01/06 Dolphin, 6/22-30/07 Dolphin 6/24-7/02/08 Dolphin, 6/23-7/01/2009 Dolphin, FIVE-PEAT 6/2010 Dolphin! 5/14-21/12 ABD City of Knights & Lights, 1/8-16/13 Dolphin, 7/14-7/22/13 Once Upon a Fairytale, 1/2014 Dolphin, 7/2014 POFQ, 8/2014 Disney Aulani
Old 05-18-2013, 08:09 AM   #24
nunzia

Quote:
I hope you meant Jeremy's character on Smash, not Newsies!! ;-). He was a bum on Smash but a doll in Newsies. Lol we've been following his career for a few years now, just saw him Sunday night in a cabaret in NYC of Michael Mott's music. We had a great time catching up with him.

R&H Cinderella was fabulous. The book was revised and Laura Osnes was incredible, as usual. We've seen her in Anything Goes and Bonnie & Clyde. Tremendous talent and a sweetheart. She IS Cinderella!

We live 40 mins from NYC and go into the city often, but we would still be interested in an ABD to Manhattan. I would love to see what "perks" they include in the tour.

YES! I meant Smash..not Newsies..sheesh. Yes, my friend says Cinderella is much improved, but I can't get Lesley Ann Warren singing those songs out of my head, and frankly didn't like them much better with Julie Andrews in the TV special. Still..it I got to go to NY and had an extra night I'd think about it.
Old 05-18-2013, 09:51 AM   #25
SingingMom
DIS Veteran

Quote:

YES! I meant Smash..not Newsies..sheesh. Yes, my friend says Cinderella is much improved, but I can't get Lesley Ann Warren singing those songs out of my head, and frankly didn't like them much better with Julie Andrews in the TV special. Still..it I got to go to NY and had an extra night I'd think about it.
YouTube Laura Osnes as Cinderella. She is 1000% better than Lesley Ann Warren and a darling, to boot! We love her!

Old 05-22-2013, 12:37 AM   #26
wdwsos
DIS Veteran

I just booked the October 16th trip that just opened up. It'll be my sixth AbD and my fourth time seeing Newsies (twice with Jeremy Jordon). I'm a little obsessed... kept traveling from Boston with new people who hadn't seen it.

A good friend of the family (lives two doors down and grew up with my boys) plays the new character, Jean-Michel in Cinderella. We went in during pre-production and he was so gracious, bringing us backstage for a tour after the show. He was in Peter and the Starcatcher as well - really fun!

Anyway... I'm crazy to book this one since my son's fiance's wedding shower (in L.A.) is early October, my middle son is dancing in a competition on 10/11, I head back to L.A. for the wedding the following week and then to Rome for a Regent cruise the week after. I just really wanted to bring my sister, who never caught the travel bug like I did and won't get on a plane. It's her one chance to see what AbD is really like!

For those coming in the night before, are you using points at the Manhattan Club? I'm going to attempt to get a travel agent discount somewhere, but I never seem to luck out with those in NYC. The first day starts with breakfast at 8am, and I'd rather not miss that!

Dotti
wdwsos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 09:14 PM   #27
DisneyCruisin'
DIS Veteran

Has anyone gotten their box from ABD yet??

Old 06-03-2013, 09:30 PM   #28
SingingMom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdwsos View Post
I just booked the October 16th trip that just opened up. It'll be my sixth AbD and my fourth time seeing Newsies (twice with Jeremy Jordon). I'm a little obsessed... kept traveling from Boston with new people who hadn't seen it.

A good friend of the family (lives two doors down and grew up with my boys) plays the new character, Jean-Michel in Cinderella. We went in during pre-production and he was so gracious, bringing us backstage for a tour after the show. He was in Peter and the Starcatcher as well - really fun!

Anyway... I'm crazy to book this one since my son's fiance's wedding shower (in L.A.) is early October, my middle son is dancing in a competition on 10/11, I head back to L.A. for the wedding the following week and then to Rome for a Regent cruise the week after. I just really wanted to bring my sister, who never caught the travel bug like I did and won't get on a plane. It's her one chance to see what AbD is really like!

For those coming in the night before, are you using points at the Manhattan Club? I'm going to attempt to get a travel agent discount somewhere, but I never seem to luck out with those in NYC. The first day starts with breakfast at 8am, and I'd rather not miss that!

Dotti
Hope you enjoy the trip! Wish we could go, but we aren't DVC members. We just saw Jeremy Jordan a few weeks ago in a concert of Michael Mott's original music. It was great to see him again in person and chat. We've seen Newsies six times, all with Jeremy! Kara Lindsay (Katherine) just got married yesterday.

Will definitely look into this tour if it opens up to non-DVC members. For now, will have to be content with our upcoming Germany ABD!

Old 06-15-2013, 11:30 AM   #29
DisneyCruisin'
DIS Veteran

Who's ready for our ABD???

What do you all think of "The Box" items????

Old 06-15-2013, 03:05 PM   #30
heidibilotti
Mouseketeer

Packed and ready to go got our box with the luggage tags etc and booked dinner at a great Brazilian steak house for our arrival. I can't wait. See you all soon

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: